• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Census 2016 - The Results

eoghanacht

A thread for all your Census 2016 results and talking points, religion, immigration, population increase this thread will have it all

Roll up, Roll up.

Pay your penny, have your say

Population increases by 3.7% since 2011 - RTÉ News

Latest News - CSO - Central Statistics Office

http://www.cso.ie/en/media/csoie/census/census2016/census2016pressreleases/Preliminary_Results_2016_press_statement_final.pdf

Census of Population 2016 - Preliminary Results - CSO - Central Statistics Office

Let the games begin....

crossman

Net migration 2011-2016 was 28,500 - a far cry from some of the huge figures I have seen mentioned on here. Before anyone tries to remind me, I know this is the difference between emigration and immigration.

redacted

I'm predicting 99% good god-fearing, obedient catholics.

GDPR

Just shy of 260k vacant houses, a drop of approx. 30k houses vacant from 2011. Population increase of 169,724, made up of a natural increase of 198,282 with net migration a minus 28,558.

silverharp

do they work in a % for people that don't fill in forms?

statsman

The population growth spread is interesting, if predictable:

Population change varied widely across the country ranging from a high of over 8 per cent in Fingal to a
low of -1.5 per cent in Donegal. Among the fastest growing counties were the four administrative areas of Dublin, along with the commuter belt counties of Meath, Kildare and Laois and the cities of Cork and Galway.
While most counties experienced some level of population growth three counties witnessed population decline over the five years, namely Donegal (-1.5%), Mayo (-0.2%) and Sligo (-0.1%).

jackryan

Looks like there will have to be at least 1 extra TD to meet the constitutional requirement. Also with numbers being so tight there could be a lot of reshaping of existing constituencies. I presume Dublin would be likely to get the extra TD?

eoghanacht

Yeah, the strangulation of the west is on going.

silverharp

Enough said.
could ask the population of Iceland if they would like to move to the west coast, it would be the equivalent of a sun holiday and they might make a go of it.

statsman

could ask the population of Iceland if they would like to move to the west coast, it would be the equivalent of a sun holiday and they might make a go of it.
And it would do wonders for the national football team.

Kershaw

Net migration, calculated as the residual of the total population increase of 169,724 less natural increase of 198,282, is estimated to be -28,558 over the five years 2011 to 2016. This compares with net inward migration of 115,800 over the previous five years.
http://www.cso.ie/en/media/csoie/census/census2016/census2016pressreleases/Preliminary_Results_2016_press_statement_final.pdf
This doesn't tell us much.

So the total population increase was 169,724.
There was a natural increase of 198,282.

This means there might have been 198,282 births and zero deaths or 1,198,282 births and 1 million deaths.

1 million native Irish people might have emigrated while 1 million Nigerians, Pakistanis and Filipinos less 28,558 might have immigrated.

Who knows.

Cellachán Chaisil

Urbanisation at last?

Extra

Meaningless unless we know exactly how many Irish have left to be replaced by Muslims, Brazilians, Africans etc.. Think i'll trust my eyes when I walk around Dublin and places like Balbriggan before a census that many of the new arrivals will not fill out.

eoghanacht

And it would do wonders for the national football team.
Nah, you corruption fans boys would not like that. NAMA probably wouldn't exist and you wouldn't be able to shoot the messenger.

:lol:

eoghanacht

Meaningless unless we know exactly how many Irish have left to be replaced by Muslims, Brazilians, Africans etc.. Think i'll trust my eyes when I walk around Dublin and places like Balbriggan before a census that many of the new arrivals will not fill out.
Yes, trust your eyes instead of the scientific collection and data analysis carried out.

Jesus wept.

In other words I'm going to ignore this just in case it doesn't reinforce my preexisting prejudices.

Cellachán Chaisil

More like continued Los Angelus-isation.
In what respect?

If people are moving to larger towns it will make it an awful lot easier to provide services.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies