Change the Flag?

EvotingMachine0197

Last edited:

DeputyEdo

Tri-colour is easier to draw :p

I like the harp as well....but I like our tri-colourm too.

Myers should shut up and leave it as it is.
One of the reasons he states is "it does not confuse us with the Ivory Coast"...really?? we should change our flag because some people are dumb??
Maybe we should all stop speaking English lest someone thinks we're English.

fool

Look, you could put a picture of Kevin Myers on the flag and he'd still propose changing it if people liked it.

Cato

I've always liked the Presidential Standard.

eoghanacht

I prefer the harp and would have no problem with it being used as our national flag. It's myers flawed logic and plain lies about holteliers refusing to fly the Union flag that i've the problem with, then again whining is not just the reserve of Nationalists west brits love to engage in a bit of it themselves

Sync

I'm with Cato. Myers is right, from a purely asthetic pov, the flag's pretty awful. There's a reason hardly anyone else uses orange so promanently, and the shade of green we use doesn't do much either.

The main problem with adopting it is that no sane person could ever salute the flag of the Leinster rugby team. So we'd have to close them down first. I'm sure that'll be sad news for their 17 fans, but the national need comes first.

Passionateheart

Re our flag, I'm absolutely delighted to keep it the way it is and the orange bit is orange for a damn good reason! Mind you, we could do with changing the words of the national anthem, though the music is nice. A couple of questions related to this 1. Where did the rumour, which I spread for the craic that it was given to us as a gift by French revolutionaries to our 1790s ones as a gift come from? 2. Did it influence India's selection of colours, it's often said that they were influenced bu our constitution and flag? 3. where did the Ivory coast one, the reverse of ours, come from? 4. Was our current presidential flag, the original one? and 5. Does anyone love the sound of his own voice more than Myers?

EvotingMachine0197

I prefer the harp and would have no problem with it being used as our national flag. It's myers flawed logic and plain lies about holteliers refusing to fly the Union flag that i've the problem with, then again whining is not just the reserve of Nationalists west brits love to engage in a bit of it themselves
I'm curious about that bit myself. I'll be driving by the new Hilton later and I'll have a look at the flags to see if a Union is up ..

Biffomania

Myers is so full of contrived so-called controversy, spouted with the sole intention of self-promotion, and so up his own arrogant ass, he should cconsider joining the ranks of FF. He'd make an excellent poor-girls' Bertie.

Cato

While still preferring the Presidential Standard, there is always this:

Munnkeyman

Too late. There was already a Republic of Connacht declared in 1798.
Ya that was some success(I blame the French).
It wasn't a Munnkey's Republic(Kingdom really) of Connacht though.

EvotingMachine0197

I'm with Cato. Myers is right, from a purely asthetic pov, the flag's pretty awful. There's a reason hardly anyone else uses orange so promanently, and the shade of green we use doesn't do much either.
Doesn't it also reflect our complete history more thoroughly ?

EvotingMachine0197

Myers is so full of contrived so-called controversy, spouted with the sole intention of self-promotion, and so up his own arrogant ass, he should cconsider joining the ranks of FF. He'd make an excellent poor-girls' Bertie.
Fr Hank said:
Usual anti-national unhinged fruitcakery from Myarse.
Fine. But what's your opinion on the Flag ?

callmedave

The main problem with adopting it is that no sane person could ever salute the flag of the Leinster rugby team. So we'd have to close them down first. I'm sure that'll be sad news for their 17 fans, but the national need comes first.
I have never agreed so whole heartedly with anything written anywhere by anyone!:lol::lol::lol:

Munnkeyman

Would we have to get the Harp back off those 'awful' Brits though first?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies