Change the Flag?

Sync

Doesn't it also reflect our complete history more thoroughly ?
It certainly does, and I was careful to look at it purely from a pov of aesthetics. And that's really the end of the conversation tbh. It doesn't look great, but it sums up our history, so it's not going to change.

B

Boggle

I've always liked the Presidential Standard.
It's nicer alright. I'd personally make the harp smaller and move it to the corner against either that or a greener background.

Though I have to admit that, having grown up with the tri-colour, I'm proud of it so I'd only change it if we are going to dramatically change our system of govt (to mark a new Ireland).

Victor Meldrew

I'm with Cato. Myers is right, from a purely aesthetic pov, the flag's pretty awful. There's a reason hardly anyone else uses orange so prominently, and the shade of green we use doesn't do much either.

The main problem with adopting it is that no sane person could ever salute the flag of the Leinster rugby team. So we'd have to close them down first. I'm sure that'll be sad news for their 17 fans, but the national need comes first.
Aesthetically, it's the best we can lay claim to that has some history.

Sync, Sorry for your troubles... :)

Garland Names the Skies

How is it proposed that it be changed?

The only time you see it is on Paddys day and moulded on rubber hammers, stupid looking hats and the ocassional banner bearing the name of some pub or other in football matches. Do you think they would suddenly stop doing that because of some Government decree. Slow news day Kevin?

Malbekh

I'm with Cato. Myers is right, from a purely asthetic pov, the flag's pretty awful. There's a reason hardly anyone else uses orange so promanently, and the shade of green we use doesn't do much either.

The main problem with adopting it is that no sane person could ever salute the flag of the Leinster rugby team. So we'd have to close them down first. I'm sure that'll be sad news for their 17 fans, but the national need comes first.
I'm with Sync on this, so with the triumvirate of Cato, Sync and Malbekh I think we have this pretty much sorted. Thank you for your time.

just4ever

How about this?

Cato

EvotingMachine0197

I'm with Sync on this, so with the triumvirate of Cato, Sync and Malbekh I think we have this pretty much sorted. Thank you for your time.
It might look odd in Lansdowne Rd. with 'Flanagan's Pub Waterford' printed across it.

FloatingVoterTralee

How about a flag based on the Brazilian design, put green, orange, red and blue in the corners, white in the middle, together with a gold map of Ireland surrounded by miniature provincial flags?

bobbysands81

Myers is full of contradictions in that article... are people taking him seriously?

Why doesn't he see his refusal to leave the Irish flag the way it is as being a result of "immaturity and unreason"?

He should also f**k off back to England with his hard on for anything to do with their Army... because forces loyal to your crown being responsible for the deaths of millions of people is both "mature and reasonable" Kevin.

EvotingMachine0197

Myers is full of contradictions in that article... are people taking him seriously?

Why doesn't he see his refusal to leave the Irish flag the way it is as being a result of "immaturity and unreason"?

He should also f**k off back to England with his hard on for anything to do with their Army... because forces loyal to your crown being responsible for the deaths of millions of people is both "mature and reasonable" Kevin.
I don't think he is being taken too seriously. Where do you see the contradictions in the article ?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies