• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Charlie Flanagan's disgraceful attack on pro-life activists - 'like the KKK'

Skyrocket

Putting up anti-abortion posters outside the homes, offices and local churches of FG TDs makes those involved "like the Klu Klux Klan", the once powerful U.S racist group renowned for beatings, murders, and arson attacks on African-Americans.

That is according to Fine Gael party chairman Charlie Flanagan TD who took to Twitter to express his anger at the appearance of the posters:

"Abortion posters with FG TDs appear in the night. Nobody admits to putting them up. Promoters hide their faces. Just like KKK"
TD claims pro-life extremists acting like Ku Klux Klan - Independent.ie

Meanwhile, no politician has commented on vandalism by a pro-choice extremist group and death threats to Archbishop Diarmuid Martin after his intervention in the abortion debate earlier in the year.

Perspective

An anti-abortion poster that appeared in Alan Shatter's constituency in December 2012:

A Klu Klux Klan lynching:

mido

how is it unfair to the KKK?

SilverSpurs

Putting up anti-abortion posters outside the homes, offices and local churches of FG TDs makes those involved "like the Klu Klux Klan", the once powerful U.S racist group renowned for beatings, murders, and arson attacks on African-Americans.

That is according to Fine Gael party chairman Charlie Flanagan TD who took to Twitter to express his anger at the appearance of the posters:

Meanwhile, no politician has commented on vandalism by a pro-choice extremist group and death threats to Archbishop Diarmuid Martin after his intervention in the abortion debate earlier in the year.

Perspective

An anti-abortion poster that appeared in Alan Shatter's constituency in December 2012:

Proves once again that abortionistas cannot defend their postion and always have to resort to personalised attacks as a distraction.

Windowshopper

Ah get off your high horse. Most anti-abortion people are decent people who are doing what they think is right. But there are certain groups(one in particular) who take go too far and their intimidation of TDs is unacceptable.

Dublin 4

FG are gonna be even funnier to watch than the EZ crisis herein :p

SilverSpurs

Funnily enough its the KKK who would have recycled the pro-choice arguments swapping foetus for negro.

loner

Ah get off your high horse. Most anti-abortion people are decent people who are doing what they think is right. But there are certain groups(one in particular) who take go too far and their intimidation of TDs is unacceptable.
The people who are engaging in the type of activity outlined here are very little different to the kkk adherents in the United States irrespective of what horse you are on.

Tough Paddy

Perspective

… and the award for this week’s “I want my thread to be as provocative and sensationalist as possible” goes to… :roll:

Skyrocket

… and the award for this week’s “I want my thread to be as provocative and sensationalist as possible” goes to… :roll:
Thanks for this "award".

And your opinion on Flanagan's KKK comparison? In sync with the FG grassroots is he?

Skyrocket

The KKK weren't that bad, were they?
How would the KKK measure up to the INLA, a group you claim to have been a member of?

All of the above (beatings, murders, and arson attacks) minus the racism?

RahenyFG

Jaysus Charlie!

viper999

Fu.ck off Charlie I don't see a problem putting these outside any fg,lb tds house, why get offended you want to kill healthy babies,and this is what it looks like. The only reason I can see them getting so defensive is that deep down they know abortion is a cruel and barbaric practice that belongs in the dark ages, and not in a 21st century country that respects all human rights.

drjimryan2

seems to me he's cut close to the bone on this one and some on here are uncomfortable with the facts......

hes dead right, well done charlie

FakeViking

Anyone who thinks that the "anti-choice" lobby are no better than the KKK should listen back to Pat Kenny's radio panel yesterday, where a highly trained medical professional ended up screaming like a banshee when her bullet points were so forensically filleted.

anewbeginning

A lot of the pro-lifers have valid objections. A lot are of the knuckle-dragging variety who are incapable or rational thought and are sheep who follow the Catholic Church line regardless.

As for Cardinal Brady being a moral authority on this or anything, he lost his moral authority to speak on any matter decades ago.

Tea Party Patriot

Jaysus Charlie!
Ah Charlie can get carried away with himself easily, he made a speech last year at the Fine Gale conference in Dublin that had a lot of members sitting cringing in their seats as he fought the civil war again.

drummed

OK, he seems to be saying that the action of going out in the middle of the night to put up posters and so hiding one's identity is a lot like wearing a bedsheet to............hide one's identity. Which seems reasonable enough.

Bit of an over reaction by the OPer i think. These tactics just get on everybodys nerves and serve no other purpose. If people have something to say let them meet Charlie and tell him. It might have more impact?

Don't know the guy, never met him, voted for him or even saw him in real life btw. Makes no odds to me what he does but if i was a TD and somebody sneaked out under cover of darkness to stick up posters at my office i'd take a dim view of them as well.

hiding behind a poster

Fu.ck off Charlie I don't see a problem putting these outside any fg,lb tds house, why get offended you want to kill healthy babies,and this is what it looks like. The only reason I can see them getting so defensive is that deep down they know abortion is a cruel and barbaric practice that belongs in the dark ages, and not in a 21st century country that respects all human rights.
Well there are laws in this country about putting up posters, and those putting these ones up are in breach.