Check the Electoral Register now! You might not be on it.....

asset test

I just checked the register. My name is not on it anymore!

Now that is probably because I neglected to return the form they send out every couple of years to confirm my continuing residence at my current address. I hold my hands up.

So now I have to complete a form, bring ID, present myself to the local Garda Station, get it signed and stamped, and send it off to my County Council Office.

To ensure I am eligible to vote in the SSM Referendum, I must send this off prior to May 5th.

Just a heads up to those who might be caught out, like I would have been had I not checked the Register.

https://www.checktheregister.ie/PublicPages/Default.aspx?uiLang=

Gin Soaked

Just checked the register due to the absence of herself's polling card.

She's been booted off. Still has the card from her family home in the same constituency. So she is down to one vote this time.....

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Yes, historically there has been a load of that with people getting two votes. One at the Mammy's and one where they actually live. Been going on for decades. It suits the main parties to leave things that way.

It was reported in the Oireachtas that the electoral roll was in 2006 incorrect by an estimated 40%. Nothing since has been done to clean up the register. Neither FF or FG want to go anywhere near it because it benefits them in terms of vote gerrymandering.

The OD

I check it all the time no matter when and others should too. I've had issues in the past but as they were picked up outside of electoral seasons they were resolved handily enough, but they have never been able to give a good explanation as to my removal.

lastofthebohemians

Twitter
Daniel King/ex Daniel/Daxxdrake
Anyone else been disenfranchised or correctly franchised...
Just checked Gin and it looks like Rots may have been disenfranchised too. If that is the case, the Powers that be (or their minions) are going to get a bollocking.:mad:

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom