Ched Evans case in UK ?

cunnyfunt

Oh good, shure that’s grand then. You’d love your daughter or sister to marry him.
And there it is! Because he's made bad moral decisions....you want to associate the horrid crime of rape to him based on what you now know to be false allegations. He's not a saint.....but ffs he's not a monster.

Baron von Biffo

And there it is! Because he's made bad moral decisions....you want to associate the horrid crime of rape to him based on what you now know to be false allegations. He's not a saint.....but ffs he's not a monster.
Feminists are unable to accept that any woman has ever lied about being raped. It follows therefore that any man who's accused of rape must be guilty. If he's acquitted at trial it doesn't mean he's innocent but merely that he 'got away with it'.

toughbutfair

If he was a rapist then he should not play for any club as a club represents the community. However, He didn’t really do anything so no problem with him playing.

Emily Davison

Did he make bad moral decisions? What would they be then? Tell us more about the lovely fella. That you’re defending.

Cdebru

Oh good, shure that’s grand then. You’d love your daughter or sister to marry him.
This is Ireland not Brunei, we don't stone people to death here for sex outside of marriage or adultery, it is scraping the bottom of the barrel to even mention it tbh, he wasn't convicted of rape but he is a cheat there is zero moral equivalence between the two. His personal moral business as to who he does or doesn't have consensual sex with is none of anyone's business.

toughbutfair

He didn't really do anything my foot, ask the poor girl who he assaulted about that please.
When I was his age , 20 years ago and in the mood , you’d either chat up the class bike or go to a nightclub and find the girls who were drunk as they were easy. Nothing wrong with having consensual sex with a drunk girl.

Emily Davison

This is Ireland not Brunei, we don't stone people to death here for sex outside of marriage or adultery, it is scraping the bottom of the barrel to even mention it tbh, he wasn't convicted of rape but he is a cheat there is zero moral equivalence between the two. His personal moral business as to who he does or doesn't have consensual sex with is none of anyone's business.
Obviously we are not Brunei. And I agree there is zero moral equivalence between the two. I’m still allowed comment on the public case. Even if it had been rape his chances of getting closer convicted were pretty slim. Most rapists get away with it and most rapes are not reported.

By the way I never said he made bad moral decisions. That’s those defending him on this thread who think he’s a lovely fellow.

amsterdemmetje

When I was his age , 20 years ago and in the mood , you’d either chat up the class bike or go to a nightclub and find the girls who were drunk as they were easy. Nothing wrong with having consensual sex with a drunk girl.
I honestly believe you are still a virgin.

Betson

I see today that Evans has settled a claim against his lawyers who represented him at the first trial.

They have agreed to pay him 800,000 pounds but they still deny any liability in the way they handled the case.

I think it is right that he got them to pay as their representation of him was very poor , this was a case that should never have been lost , there was little to no evidence against him and I think his lawyers were over confident he would be acquitted and did not put the time and effort into proving his case that they should have.

Ched Evans accepts £800,000 settlement from lawyers from rape trial

Emily Davison

Betson you might be happy with the bail conditions of this lovely fellow, a taxi driver, taking your teenager daughter home last weekend or tonight.

Me, I’m relieved that bail means he’s out working but isn’t allowed teenagers to sit-in his taxis passenger seat.

And I’m equally delighted there’s no mention of Tusla checking out his teenage girls.

D

Deleted member 34656

You are an incredibly nasty person, Emily.

Any excuse to keep your daughters under lock and key, eh.

Betson

Betson you might be happy with the bail conditions of this lovely fellow, a taxi driver, taking your teenager daughter home last weekend or tonight.

Me, I’m relieved that bail means he’s out working but isn’t allowed teenagers to sit-in his taxis passenger seat.

And I’m equally delighted there’s no mention of Tusla checking out his teenage girls.
And why would I be happy ? If he is guilty he should be in jail, and certainly not allowed to resume work where he is a danger to the public.

My only interest in the Evans case from the very start was that I thought someone was convicted on what was a very filmy case with no real evidence against him , those reservations were proved correct when both the UK criminal referral review process found the first conviction unsafe and a second jury found him not guilty.

You and others were just ignoring the evidence or lack of it and letting your emotions rule your judgment.

I don't think Evans was a particularly nice chap , and his behavior was nothing to be proud of but it was clear he was not a rapist.

The difference between you and me is that I think even unlikable people deserve a fair trial. You just like to run with whatever the online mob are running with.

Baron von Biffo

And why would I be happy ? If he is guilty he should be in jail, and certainly not allowed to resume work where he is a danger to the public.

My only interest in the Evans case from the very start was that I thought someone was convicted on what was a very filmy case with no real evidence against him , those reservations were proved correct when both the UK criminal referral review process found the first conviction unsafe and a second jury found him not guilty.

You and others were just ignoring the evidence or lack of it and letting your emotions rule your judgment.

I don't think Evans was a particularly nice chap , and his behavior was nothing to be proud of but it was clear he was not a rapist.

The difference between you and me is that I think even unlikable people deserve a fair trial. You just like to run with whatever the online mob are running with.
The problem lies in what one understands by the term 'fair trial'.

For feminists, a sexual offence trial where the accused is allowed to defend himself and test the case against him is by definition unfair. By their reasoning, an acquittal doesn't mean the accused is innocent, rather it means he got away with it.

raetsel

That link is a misleading misrepresentation of the UK position on compensation for wrongful imprisonment there nowadays. Under current rules the Birmingham Six, the Guildford Four, the Maguires etc. would most likely not be compensated at all now. Nowadays you effectively have to prove that you are innocent beyond reasonable doubt in order to receive any form of compensation.
Why is Britain refusing to compensate victims of miscarriage of justice? | Duncan Campbell

Outside the summit jamboree, for which a ticket would cost you £1,750, were some people who could have given the delegates a slightly less rosy picture of Britain’s supposed superiority. They included those who had been wrongly convicted but who have been denied any redress under the ruling introduced last year, which virtually says that it is not enough to be innocent – in most cases you have to find the real culprit of the crime for which you were convicted before you can be compensated.
Among those challenging the new regulation is Victor Nealon, a former postman, who was convicted of attempted rape in 1996. He served 17 years, 10 years longer than his recommended tariff, because he continued to protest his innocence. In 2013, after fresh DNA evidence taken from the clothes of the victim pointed to “an unknown male” as responsible for the crime, Nealon was freed with just £46 in his pocket to try to rebuild his life. The Ministry of Justice now declines to compensate him because, under the new rules, his innocence has to be proved “beyond reasonable doubt”.
Meanwhile, the UK government is shelling out huge sums in compensation to successful complainants in criminal cases involving all forms of assault including rape, which possibly explains the rash of false allegations made against totally innocent people in recent years. That provision is a clear incentive for people to seek compensation for false allegations, and when you consider how easily many thousands of people make false (and criminal) claims for compensation in other areas, (in the UK this has become an industry for crooked law firms - I have extensive direct experience btw) it doesn't take a major leap of the imagination to see how this is a corrupting provision.

cunnyfunt

Ched Evans innocent in a court of law, and he's a pariah, and Pakistani national guilty in a court of law and you're glad he's backing working.....its all starting to make sense....2 of your ideological paths have crossed and made you look the retard you are.

What do you suppose Mansoor (so appropiately named)........tells all those lovely young ladies who will try sit in the front alongside him going forward........."sorry you cant sit there.........I'm likely to sexually assault you".........

Those bail conditions are a national disgrace. For shame!

Baron von Biffo

That link is a misleading misrepresentation of the UK position on compensation for wrongful imprisonment there nowadays. Under current rules the Birmingham Six, the Guildford Four, the Maguires etc. would most likely not be compensated at all now. Nowadays you effectively have to prove that you are innocent beyond reasonable doubt in order to receive any form of compensation.
Why is Britain refusing to compensate victims of miscarriage of justice? | Duncan Campbell

Meanwhile, the UK government is shelling out huge sums in compensation to successful complainants in criminal cases involving all forms of assault including rape, which possibly explains the rash of false allegations made against totally innocent people in recent years. That provision is a clear incentive for people to seek compensation for false allegations, and when you consider how easily many thousands of people make false (and criminal) claims for compensation in other areas, (in the UK this has become an industry for crooked law firms - I have extensive direct experience btw) it doesn't take a major leap of the imagination to see how this is a corrupting provision.
Not alone is there a financial incentive but the complainant enjoys lifetime anonymity, the accusation can be made sever years after the alleged event, no forensic evidence is required, no witnesses are required and there are limits on the defence that don't apply in other cases.

Add in the fact that the chance of suffering any negative consequence for making a false complaint is almost to zero and it's not difficult to imagine that there are more innocent people in prison for sexual offences than any other type of crime.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies