Ched Evans case in UK ?

raetsel

Not alone is there a financial incentive but the complainant enjoys lifetime anonymity, the accusation can be made sever years after the alleged event, no forensic evidence is required, no witnesses are required and there are limits on the defence that don't apply in other cases.

Add in the fact that the chance of suffering any negative consequence for making a false complaint is almost to zero and it's not difficult to imagine that there are more innocent people in prison for sexual offences than any other type of crime.
True. No charges have yet been brought against the false accusers of Liam Allen or Samson Makele, both of whom faced long prison stretches last year, had they been mistakenly convicted of rape, until the complainants in both cases were conclusively proved at the last minute to have fabricated their stories. It is pretty clear at this stage that no charges will ever be brought against either of them despite the fact that the evidence that they committed serious criminal offences is much, much stronger than the so-called 'evidence' that they were actually raped. That is an utter farce.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/rape-case-collapses-disclosure-eritrean-man-makele-photos-cuddling-snuggling-woman-metropolitan-a8160816.html
‘It wasn’t against my will or anything’: How a rape case built over two years fell apart with a single text

Buchaill Dana

I don't. If he has been convicted then it will be in the public domain so lets have it.
Its not because the court report was wrong. Said he was convicted of rape when it was 'just' sexual assault, so he got a right to forget thing as it winds through the courts.

Baron von Biffo

True. No charges have yet been brought against the false accusers of Liam Allen or Samson Makele, both of whom faced long prison stretches last year, had they been mistakenly convicted of rape, until the complainants in both cases were conclusively proved at the last minute to have fabricated their stories. It is pretty clear at this stage that no charges will ever be brought against either of them despite the fact that the evidence that they committed serious criminal offences is much, much stronger than the so-called 'evidence' that they were actually raped. That is an utter farce.

Rape case against man collapses as photos emerge of accuser 'cuddling and smiling' in bed with him
‘It wasn’t against my will or anything’: How a rape case built over two years fell apart with a single text
An issue with anonymity that seems never to get consideration is that we don't know, and an accused may not know, if they've done this in the past and they're also free to do it in the future.

They have nothing to lose if the victim is acquitted but if they get lucky and he's convicted they're looking at a payday.

Herr Rommel

Betson you might be happy with the bail conditions of this lovely fellow, a taxi driver, taking your teenager daughter home last weekend or tonight.

Me, I’m relieved that bail means he’s out working but isn’t allowed teenagers to sit-in his taxis passenger seat.

And I’m equally delighted there’s no mention of Tusla checking out his teenage girls.
Would you sit up front with him or let your children ride in his cab ?

Emily Davison

Betson you might be happy with the bail conditions of this lovely fellow, a taxi driver, taking your teenager daughter home last weekend or tonight.

Me, I’m relieved that bail means he’s out working but isn’t allowed teenagers to sit-in his taxis passenger seat.

And I’m equally delighted there’s no mention of Tusla checking out his teenage girls.
Well done SF

Can’t believe his bail conditions. Can’t believe he’s allowed ever drive a taxi again never mind whatever sentence he will get.

Women should be protected from such animals.

Emily Davison

Would you sit up front with him or let your children ride in his cab ?
Absolutely not. The thought of him in Dublin scares me. I got a taxi in Dublin in the last year, as did my children. They get taxis on their own from time to time but only with a taxi driver I know. I’m very careful, but one also would assume a taxi from a reputable company one uses would be ok. The taxi guy I use, if he’s not available he always makes sure that we get someone he knows is ok.

I never ride up front in a taxi, and my children have been instructed never to do so. My husband takes that seat where necessary.

D

Deleted member 34656

Well done SF

Can’t believe his bail conditions. Can’t believe he’s allowed ever drive a taxi again never mind whatever sentence he will get.

Can’t believe you don’t care about men and boys using his taxi.

Just joking. I can totally believe it.

Emily Davison

Can’t believe you don’t care about men and boys using his taxi.

Just joking. I can totally believe it.
Stop joking. He attacked females. And I wouldn’t want him ever to be allowed be a taxi. It’s preposterous. He’s unfit having plead guilty.

And there is no way I’m believing this single night was an aberration. The Gardai were lucky to track him down.

Question: in Ireland does your taxi license and number not have to be promimentally displayed?

D

Deleted member 34656

Stop joking. He attacked females. And I wouldn’t want him ever to be allowed be a taxi. It’s preposterous. He’s unfit having plead guilty.

And there is no way I’m believing this single night was an aberration. The Gardai were lucky to track him down.

Question: in Ireland does your taxi license and number not have to be promimentally displayed?
This person admitted to attacking other people in a space controlled by said person.

It’s really quite pathetic to bring gender into it.

Unless you think that a gender reversal would make it ok.

Emily Davison

This person admitted to attacking other people in a space controlled by said person.

It’s really quite pathetic to bring gender into it.

Unless you think that a gender reversal would make it ok.
So your issue is that the court ordered he can continue as a taxi, but males are allowed sit in the front of the taxi while females are not.

Last edited:

Herr Rommel

Absolutely not. The thought of him in Dublin scares me. I got a taxi in Dublin in the last year, as did my children. They get taxis on their own from time to time but only with a taxi driver I know. I’m very careful, but one also would assume a taxi from a reputable company one uses would be ok. The taxi guy I use, if he’s not available he always makes sure that we get someone he knows is ok.

I never ride up front in a taxi, and my children have been instructed never to do so. My husband takes that seat where necessary.
We always use the same firm and we always get the same few drivers.

elbart

Compare the Ched Evans case to that of Ismaheel Akinade.

Ismaheel was convicted and of sexual assault and yet is a hero to Irish people at Bohemians and Waterford.

Alan Reynolds, Waterford FC Team Manager, fire convicted sex offender Izzy Akinade.

Meet professional football Ismaheel Akinade of WATERFORD FC

peader odonnell

Having read the details of his crime I'm revolted, stomach churning stuff and nobody gives a damn about the girl, idiotic judge lets him stay in Ireland then.

Buchaill Dana

Compare the Ched Evans case to that of Ismaheel Akinade.

Ismaheel was convicted and of sexual assault and yet is a hero to Irish people at Bohemians and Waterford.

Alan Reynolds, Waterford FC Team Manager, fire convicted sex offender Izzy Akinade.

Meet professional football Ismaheel Akinade of WATERFORD FC
Welcome to 2015.

To be fair to Bohs, many of their fans were vocally hostile to his signing. Waterford oddly not.

Out of interest, what is tbe comparison?

toughbutfair

Well done SF

If any woman gets in a car with him , hopefully it’ll be the judges wife or daughter.

We need to be able to vote our judges out.

New Threads

Most Replies