Chelsea Manning to run for US senate in Maryland

Wascurito

According to news released by the Washington Post yesterday, Chelsea Manning will run for the U.S. Senate in Maryland.

The transgender former Army private was convicted of leaking classified documents and served six years in prison. She filed her statement of candidacy with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday.

Manning will challenge two-term Democrat Ben Cardin for the seat in the Old Line State.

Sunday Independent: Chelsea Manning files for US Senate bid in Maryland

Last edited:

firefly123

Mistake.
S(he) will be held up as an example of what democrats are all about.
I know the usual suspects would never vote blue but jaysus think of the middle ground

Mick Mac

Mistake.
I know the usual suspects would never vote blue but jaysus think of the middle ground
If you don't vote for Chelsea Manning your Misogynistic,
Transphobic, and a neo con stooge.

What does Chelsea Manning stand for? Irrelevant!

Identity politics will eat itself.

Wascurito

Mistake.
She might just be testing the water to see if she has a future in politics. Cardin is the overwhelming favourite to win at this point in time.

GDPR

I greatly appreciate what he did in leaking the information- but trannies are not really equipped to vote no mind hold political office.

firefly123

If you don't vote for Chelsea Manning your Misogynistic,

What does Chelsea Manning stand for? Irrelevant!

Identity politics will eat itself.
It will eat itself from both ends though

Wascurito

If you don't vote for Chelsea Manning your (sic) Misogynistic,
You'd just love to turn this into yet another thread where you and your ilk can trot out your snowflake-libtard-peesee-gawn-mad clichés, wouldn't you?

Wascurito

I greatly appreciate what he did in leaking the information- but trannies are not really equipped to vote no mind hold political office.
Some say the same about the devoutly religious. For me, I like to treat everyone as an individual.

Chelsea Manning went through hell standing by her principles. There aren't many in public office who can claim that accolade.

GDPR

Some say the same about the devoutly religious. For me, I like to treat everyone as an individual.

Chelsea Manning went through hell standing by her principles. There aren't many in public office who can claim that accolade.
Oh I greatly admire him for the blow he struck against US Imperialism. He is someone I pray for.

Odyessus

According to news released by the Washington Post yesterday, Chelsea Manning will run for the U.S. Senate in Maryland.

The transgender former Army officer was convicted of leaking classified documents and served six years in prison. She filed her statement of candidacy with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday.

Manning will challenge two-term Democrat Ben Cardin for the seat in the Old Line State.

Sunday Independent: Chelsea Manning files for US Senate bid in Maryland

He/she was never an officer.

GDPR

The principles Chelsea Manning had was to seek revenge on co-workers who did not like Bradley Manning. That's all.

Interesting to see how many votes go Chelsea's way, as most Americans perceive him/her as a traitor.

Sync

I’m sure Ben Cardin, who’s won twice very comfortably is terrified of an effort to depose him in a primary by someone convicted of espionage. Kicking out sitting senators for celebrities to run against the GOP would be idiotic.

D

Deleted member 48908

Ben Cardin, and the party as a whole must be furious. That's a fairly safe blue seat and one that they probably didn't envisage spending any money on to win. Should Manning take the primary, they'll need to spend a fortune to win the seat.

While the Dems do need to shake things up at the top a bit (Shumer, Pelosi et al) Cardin is a liberal who hasn't really been in the Senate that long. It makes no sense, politically.

D

Deleted member 48908

I’m sure Ben Cardin, who’s won twice very comfortably is terrified of an effort to depose him in a primary by someone convicted of espionage. Kicking out sitting senators for celebrities to run against the GOP would be idiotic.
Angry is probably closer than terrified.

There are many states where Manning couldn't run because of felony convictions.

D

Deleted member 48908

Publicity stunt. I hope no one votes for him/her.
Her.

She will get plenty of votes, maybe not enough to win the primary, but enough to draw some focus away from what should be the Dems common message these mid-terms; "Trump Bad".

GDPR

Her.

She will get plenty of votes, maybe not enough to win the primary, but enough to draw some focus away from what should be the Dems common message these mid-terms; "Trump Bad".
What would her platform be? Er...

Can you suggest anything as I cannot.

D

Deleted member 48908

Do you know her story, Grace? I had thought that it was a global phenomenon, what with the Wikileaks movie and all?

Her two biggest platforms are pretty obvious....

Trans issues:

-parency in government
-gender rights

After that, it'll be the party line maybe with some veterans' affairs stuff sprinkled in.

Sync

“It’s ok to break the laws you don’t like. Depose your 2 term popular democratic senator who’s active on half a dozen sub committees and credited with the Bipartisan Iran deal! Let me face the GOP!”

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies