Cheltenham 2018

Northsideman

The white flag will soon be raised, have you any fancies, tips, word from the horse's mouth?

For me in the Gold Cup on the Friday Djakadam is a massive price at 33-1, he was fav last year and finished 4th, I've had a good bet E-W, had to at that price.

For the Stayers Hurdle it's Penhill for me, about 8-1. A winner for me last year.

Mitchouka in the Fred Winter is a nice price at 12-1.

Have fun, be clever DO NOT BET WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE OR CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE.

ThatsReasonable

I've been told that a horse called Definitely Red will Definitely Win on Friday.

In other news, horse racing is not a real sport and if gambling was illegal the activity would all but die within 12 months. It exists to extract money from people who gamble, the majority of whom in my opinion are addicts.

Catalpast

I've been told that a horse called Definitely Red will Definitely Win on Friday.

In other news, horse racing is not a real sport and if gambling was illegal the activity would all but die within 12 months. It exists to extract money from people who gamble, the majority of whom in my opinion are addicts.
While we are on the subject

- what did you do with Shergar? :confused:

Northsideman

Northsideman

Definitely Red going in the Gold Cup 16-1.

Racing is a sport enjoyed by many nations and loved by the Irish. Yes there is a gambling problem of that there is no doubt but it goes way beyond horse racing and is now online hence almost impossible to ban.

Northsideman

Northsideman

Sizing John out of the Gold Cup, betting market has changed look now.

Mushroom

Now I don't know much about matters equestrian,

no, let me re-word that,

I actually know SFA about matters equestrian, but I note that

"There were four equine fatalities on the final day of the Cheltenham Festival, taking the total for the week to six."

Of these unfortunate horses who had to be put down, three of the six died in the same race. Surely that suggests that the jumps or hurdles or whatever they're called were too high for many of the horses that were entered into the race? Is this right?

And is this a high attrition rate for a meeting like Cheltenham, or is it within the accepted norm for a high profile National Hunt Festival?

I note too that poor Ruby Walsh broke his leg again - so why wasn't he humanely put down?

Is there one rule for horses and another rule for jockeys?

ShoutingIsLeadership

Now I don't know much about matters equestrian,

no, let me re-word that,

I actually know SFA about matters equestrian, but I note that

"There were four equine fatalities on the final day of the Cheltenham Festival, taking the total for the week to six."

Of these unfortunate horses who had to be put down, three of the six died in the same race. Surely that suggests that the jumps or hurdles or whatever they're called were too high for many of the horses that were entered into the race? Is this right?

And is this a high attrition rate for a meeting like Cheltenham, or is it within the accepted norm for a high profile National Hunt Festival?

I note too that poor Ruby Walsh broke his leg again - so why wasn't he humanely put down?

Is there one rule for horses and another rule for jockeys?
If a horse is humanely put down, then a human should be horsely put down. Off to the glue factory, for Walsh.

What is it with this country and gambling? Seems to me that there must be lots of people with serious problems.

Craigmore..

Wrong on so many levels.

New Threads