Che's mural removed in Kilkee

Clanrickard

More nonsense from our useless local government.
Iconic Che Guevara mural in Co Clare removed after 'upsetting' American tourists - Independent.ie

This mural afaik was there for over a year and was repainted to coincide with the local Che Do Bheatha festival of Latin American culture. According to the rumour some Americans got furious when they saw and it left. No one has been able to pin point this alledged group of angry yanks and it looks from the outside that somebody some where in the bowels of the county council thought that some American might be upset so in deference to them they ordered the mural removed. Seaside towns the length of Clare must be wondering why such ruthless efficiency is not in operation all year to remove the ubiquitous graffiti consisting of four letter words and badly drawn genitalia from the promenades and bathing shelters.

Can this really be classed as graffiti?

zakalwe1

its quite banksyian....
post-student ironic

ballot stuffer

Good riddance. If he had his way we would all be living under Stalinist dictatorships.

Rural

Most Americans wouldn't have a clue what it was - In fact, my Son has a couple of those t-shirts and my Sister said, when she saw it "Oh yeh, Citizen Smith, I remember that"!:roll:

enuffisenuff

I'm furious about a huge pothole down the road that I have to drive around everyday.....when will it be filled please?

firefly123

I'm furious about a huge pothole down the road that I have to drive around everyday.....when will it be filled please?
It will be filled with the corpses of capitalist pig-dogs! Viva la revolution/tee shirt!

deepness

TBH I am totally lost on the outrage here. From Clare..and I really am not that bothered at all that this was removed. Its such a common image, that every student that smoked a doobie had on their wall or t-shirt when I was in college that i see no value in it....maybe thats just me..

I like the other tag though,...nice and colourful.

MacO'velli

Cael/Groundhog/Fodla Dearg will organise a mass protest of the proletaian Guard to avenge this imperialist, trough snouting, gombeenistic,forelock tugging sleeveenism of the Paddy variety.Expect all eight of them any month now.

Clanrickard

TBH I am totally lost on the outrage here. From Clare..and I really am not that bothered at all that this was removed. Its such a common image, that every student that smoked a doobie had on their wall or t-shirt when I was in college that i see no value in it....maybe thats just me..

I like the other tag though,...nice and colourful.
Should've gone specsavers.

Clanrickard

Cael/Groundhog/Fodla Dearg will organise a mass protest of the proletaian Guard to avenge this imperialist, trough snouting, gombeenistic,forelock tugging sleeveenism of the Paddy variety.Expect all eight of them any month now.
The festival is organised by the local Bourgeois Capitalists known as the Chamber of Commerce. This will confuse them .

Sync

****ing Indo. Honestly, huffing paint is the precursor for working there.

So they phrase the headline to make it look like someone has actually claimed the mural "upset" people. Quotes in the article? Zero.

The then describe it as an "Iconic mural". Which has been in place for weeks. So really they meant "A mural of the iconic image".

Also: It's a frigging stencil job. If the council are happy for it to remain up during the then just redo it.

Trainwreck

****ing Indo. Honestly, huffing paint is the precursor for working there.

So they phrase the headline to make it look like someone has actually claimed the mural "upset" people. Quotes in the article? Zero.

The then describe it as an "Iconic mural". Which has been in place for weeks. So really they meant "A mural of the iconic image".

Also: It's a frigging stencil job. If the council are happy for it to remain up during the then just redo it.
Let's put that to the definitive test. To find what is the "Iconic mural" in Kilkee, surely we merely need to Google "mural Kilkee".

Yep, Google reckons if you are talking about a mural in Kilkee it must be the one of Che. I think that passes the iconic test then.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kil...Q&biw=1005&bih=466&sei=xTknUojiLoGJ7AaKmoG4Dw

Bill

Don't forget the sheeple .

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom