Child Abuse By Children On Other Children

Zach Dingle

I strongly suspect that a lot of child sexual abuse is perpetrated by children on younger children.

The recent case which led to the conviction of Karl Walsh is an example of this, the abuse started when he was 10 on a 4 year old relation.

He was given a 2 year sentence for his actions when he was 15 or 16. He pleaded guilty and was adjudged as intellectually below power as a 27 year old man.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/dublin-man-who-sexually-abused-12388269

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/a-never-ending-nightmare-woman-22-abused-by-cousin-from-age-of-four-tells-court-monster-ruined-her-life-36822232.html

Has justice been served?

Dame_Enda

I dont know if there any statistics on that question (perhaps the recently announced govt study of sexual abuse/violence will answer that question). But it is another example that abusers are usually known to their victims, and tend to be relatives.

To some extent the judge's hands were tied by the age of criminal responsibility being 12, which means only the abuse after that age could be taken account of. And in this case the charges related to when the abuser was 14 and 15.

Unlike the US and UK, Irish courts tend to go easy on juvenile offenders. While Walsh is now 27, he was a juvenile when the offences took place.

Lagertha

You seriously have to wonder what in the fookity fook is going on in the world when children are sexually abusing other children. Christ on a bike,what the hell is going on?

GDPR

I would bet that if a child abuses another child, they have in turn been abused by someone else.

This particular defendant was of lowered mental capacity and also confessed to virtually every single count when interviewed by the police. By pleading guilty, he was automatically entitled to a sentence reduction.

Supra

Shamefully lenient sentence, Walsh would have known right from wrong even at 14-15 years of age.
I'm not so sure a long sentence would make any difference. It would not act as a deterrent for a lad 10 years old and a 14-15 year old will be a very different person in 3 or 4 years, good or bad.
What would be the point in a long sentence?

The Field Marshal

Nobody has any opinions on this?
Your OP refers to abuse by children on children.

Since the age of criminal responsibility is 12 then it is hard to understand what your argument refers to as many people think that childhood
more or less ends at around that age.

effer

You seriously have to wonder what in the fookity fook is going on in the world when children are sexually abusing other children. Christ on a bike,what the hell is going on?
Christ on a bike indeed. What da fuk is going on???? Firstly I think when we were young we believed sex was a sin. If a teacher saw a young male child acting out what he saw on TV by grabbing the girl beside him and going in for the kiss, the teacher would give him a leathering. He'd get the message that it was wrong dam quickly. I heard on Brendan O Connor that it seems that 10 yr olds in school can now snog away out at the back, is it any wonder they're riding so early? I think people in responsibility don't want to equate sex with sin or something dirty or negative and I suppose this is the result.

Zach Dingle

I would bet that if a child abuses another child, they have in turn been abused by someone else.

This particular defendant was of lowered mental capacity and also confessed to virtually every single count when interviewed by the police. By pleading guilty, he was automatically entitled to a sentence reduction.
Maybe not in the modern hyper sexualised world.

Zach Dingle

Well with children allegedly murdering children here now -------------------------

The Field Marshal

I can not say I am one bit surprised that Irish children are now murdering each other.

How can it be otherwise when the majority of Irish parents think it is fine to murder unborn children.

USER1234

I can not say I am one bit surprised that Irish children are now murdering each other.

How can it be otherwise when the majority of Irish parents think it is fine to murder unborn children.
Great trolling about a completly unrelated subject there FM!!

The Field Marshal

Great trolling about a completly unrelated subject there FM!!
Children are now murdering other children in the new ireland that you and others want to construct.

This relatively unknown and new phenomena was bound to arise once you and your friends decided that it’s ok to murder unborn children.

Children follow the example of adults.

When adults deem it fine to murder the unborn , as a majority of irish adults have now decided , then why would you even have any problem or issue with children murdering other children.?

New Threads

Most Replies