Children's Allowance is a gravy train

BringBackNavanMan

We all know families who use the money to pay for holidays, car loans and other luxuries. At the other end of the economic demograph, we also know that childrens allowance day is perhaps the most lucrative day of the month for pubs and clubs, as payments intended for the welfare of our children are misappropriated by parents with misguided priorities. I believe that this demand on the public finances should be minimised, to be paid only to families where there is a genuine need, and then in a manner where it benefits the end user, OUR CHILDREN

DeputyEdo

Or....we could cancel it altogether. If people can't afford to have children, then they shouldn't have them.
I can't afford a private jet, should I get one anyway and then look for a PrivateJet Allowance from the government?

Let's see how many people rage over this post :)

Or....we could cancel it altogether. If people can't afford to have children, then they shouldn't have them.
I can't afford a private jet, should I get one anyway and then look for a PrivateJet Allowance from the government?

I think we should introduce a stupid tax. Congrats you have just earned your right to contribute.

BringBackNavanMan

We can easily identify those on the train...................

paulp

still no luck on the having kids front?

pitty, it's best investment you'll ever make

DeputyEdo

I think we should introduce a stupid tax. Congrats you have just earned your right to contribute.
hahahaha......I like how you changed this post when you realised you had "I'm, believer and congratulations" spelled incorrectly.

cramer

Look from the other side: it is the state that is supposed to pay your pension, but the state is bankrupt. In some time, it will be even more bankrupt.
So, if the state wasn't able to pay your pension when you are old, you have 2 options:
- either save money
- or have children who will take care of you in future
I have children and get this allowance but to be honest, I'd rather the allowance is gone but the income tax is decreased. It's just getting back the tax that the state robes from me.
Following the example - maybe all the other SW benefits should be canceled.
Among them, the most unfair one - the medical cards.

punchdrunk

We all know families who use the money to pay for holidays, car loans and other luxuries. At the other end of the economic demograph, we also know that childrens allowance day is perhaps the most lucrative day of the month for pubs and clubs, as payments intended for the welfare of our children are misappropriated by parents with misguided priorities. I believe that this demand on the public finances should be minimised, to be paid only to families where there is a genuine need, and then in a manner where it benefits the end user, OUR CHILDREN
You are spinning for FF I see. I suppose you would suggest China's one child policy would you?

Berty

Hear hear!! The allowance should be for the kids. It should be means-tested. The stupid govt have had years to implement this but were too lazy to do so. And now everyone will be cut because some politicians would not take their fingers out of their fat ar5es.

For some this cut will mean poverty, but for others it will mean not as many summer hols. :mad:

cramer

How Innocent.............
They will if you bother to have time for them.
Note that this worked over centuries.
The state pensions is a relatively new "leftist" invention. This invention has one particular feature: state likes to get contributions but the money paid back is always on a brink of survival.
What about returning to the solution that worked for so long until leftists forced the worse solution?

budgeybudge

I to cannot afford a jet!! Maybe if we split the price?

Nermal

I believe that this demand on the public finances should be minimised, to be paid only to families where there is a genuine need, and then in a manner where it benefits the end user, OUR CHILDREN
Means-testing introduces marginal disincentive to work at best and poverty traps at worst. Either pay it to everyone or to no-one.

Number2

Abolish it.

Give free nappies and baby food to the poor. And free school books to all children. It's better use of the money.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies