China tellss the US to turn around the USS George Washington

Dredger

Are they out of their minds?. Why is the US antagonising China?.

China has warned against military activity near its coastline ahead of U.S.-Korea naval exercises, according to Reuters.

China's Foreign Ministry said in an online posting that naval exercises risks starting a war: "We oppose any military act by any party conducted in China's exclusive economic zone without approval."

North Korea has also threatened to respond to military gestures with more attacks: "The situation on the Korean peninsula is inching closer to the brink of war due to the reckless plan of those trigger-happy elements to stage again war exercises targeted against the (North)."

CHINA TELLS AMERICA: Turn Around The USS George Washington

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
China is just making sure there won't be hot metal flying around its immediate patch. Rather smart given the calls for action against North Korean from their southern cousins, who have just had enough. China will devine which way the wind is blowing and will prepare its foreign policy thus.

Cael

Given that the US would go belly up in a week if China stopped lending them money, I expect that they will see reason in China's suggestion...

Skin

The US/Brit opportunity to bring down the Chinese economy and ultimatley write off all bond debts owed by the US to China, thus restoring the US as the primary economy of the world and putting those pesky Chinese in their place. A power struggle is occuring here. While I dont doubt the appalling conditions for North Koreans I cant help think that they are being provoked in some way to react as they have done. Thus 'legitimising' a US military presence of their shores.
A cursory glance at a World MAp to see where the US military is based will give you food for thought. The last frontiers are Iran and North Korea. Amazingly, they both happen to be on the US 'terror' list.

Clanrickard

The US/Brit opportunity to bring down the Chinese economy and ultimatley write off all bond debts owed by the US to China, thus restoring the US as the primary economy of the world and putting those pesky Chinese in their place. A power struggle is occuring here. While I dont doubt the appalling conditions for North Koreans I cant help think that they are being provoked in some way to react as they have done. Thus 'legitimising' a US military presence of their shores.
A cursory glance at a World MAp to see where the US military is based will give you food for thought. The last frontiers are Iran and North Korea. Amazingly, they both happen to be on the US 'terror' list.
What a load of rubbish but typical of the US haters on here. The correct response would be to send a second carrier and tell the Chinese where to shove their demand. History has shown that communists are bullies and just as they rule their own countries by fear and terror they also conduct their international relation sin the same vein. North Korea is ripe for regime chnage.

Aristodemus

The Chinese really are an absolute shower. They back some of the worst, if not the worst, regimes in the world. The Americans should tell them to bugger off and mind their own business

firefly123

Hmm world economy going down the tubes...

what we need is a good ol war!

Cael

The Chinese really are an absolute shower. They back some of the worst, if not the worst, regimes in the world. The Americans should tell them to bugger off and mind their own business
The USA is China's business - just like the bankrupt developers are Nama's business.

Hmm world economy going down the tubes...

what we need is a good ol war!
Its the reset button.

Course in event of it getting dirty in Korea we could offer to take in 50,000 Korean refugees which would solve Ghost estates and Stray dogs problem in one :)

commonman

we dont take part in wars ,but we might this time with who ever gives the most money, i am with the winners

TonyB

Twitter
technopolitics
Given that the US would go belly up in a week if China stopped lending them money, I expect that they will see reason in China's suggestion...
It's symbiotic at this stage. The Chinese economy shuts down without the US as a market.

Skin

What a load of rubbish but typical of the US haters on here. The correct response would be to send a second carrier and tell the Chinese where to shove their demand. History has shown that communists are bullies and just as they rule their own countries by fear and terror they also conduct their international relation sin the same vein. North Korea is ripe for regime chnage.
What makes you think I hate the US?

In fairness if a Chinese carrier entered US waters they would get the same reaction (correctly) from the US.

I love the US.

But ultimatley it is the US position to open free market economies all over the world, through force if necessary. I dont like this, as much as I would resent communist states forcing their ideologies on foreigen states.

D

Deleted member 48908

China is merely protecting their interests. Not the ones you might think either. The US cannot afford the wars they are in at present, adding another would seriously hamper their ability to pay of some of the iou's Beijing own.

A weak POTUS needs to have his decisions made for him. When the US deployed the carrier group, it was a matter of time before China flexed their muscles.

SNL Presidential Mockery: Hu Jintao Asks Obama "Why You Not Kiss Me Before You Do Sex To Me" (MUST SEE) - Home - The Daily Bail

Catalpa

In fairness if a Chinese carrier entered US waters they would get the same reaction (correctly) from the US.

I love the US.

But ultimatley it is the US position to open free market economies all over the world, through force if necessary. I dont like this, as much as I would resent communist states forcing their ideologies on foreigen states.
There is truth in that one OK.

TBH now is from a strictly military point of view as good a time as any in the year for North Korea to flex its muscles as the one area it is weak in is Airpower and a Border War under clouded skies would blunt the edge of any response of SK/US Forces.

Clanrickard

I love the US.

They'll be in international waters or South Korean waters. ergo it is none of China's business. If the Chinese don't want the US on their doorstop. Stop bullying Taiwan and pull the plug on North Korea.

I love the US.

Well as that is about 5 years plus away at a minimum I don't see the US worrying that much.

US of course has many ports it can resupply from heading for South Korea where as China has Zero.

New Threads

Most Replies