Chinese broadcaster banned from showing Eurovision over censorship of Irish gays

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Fair decision by the EBU , arse bandits ought not to be edited out

Also a bit baffled that any of the Eurovision was deemed non gay...

Eurovision terminates contract with Chinese broadcaster after failure to broadcast 'gay' Irish performance

On Tuesday the Chinese broadcaster, part of the second biggest channel in the country, edited out the Irish Eurovision entry over its depiction of a gay relationship.
Ireland's Eurovision entry has made headlines as the first in the contest's 63 year history to feature a same-sex couple.

China has strict broadcast rules banning any depiction of gay relationships.
Cyp

General Urko

Fair decision by the EBU , arse bandits ought not to be edited out

Also a bit baffled that any of the Eurovision was deemed non gay...

Eurovision terminates contract with Chinese broadcaster after failure to broadcast 'gay' Irish performance

Cyp
Cyp,
Did you go searching for that on seeing my post on The Eurovision 2018 Thread -

I heard on NT today that China did not show The Irish Song as they felt it was promoting a gay lifestyle and that Russia was forced by The EBU to show it and their commentator stressed that the song was promoting male friendship not homosexuality to his audience!

And we still trade with these fux!

Only asking?:rolleyes:

Dearghoul

Funny that. The Soviet union legalised the Gay after the revolution only for Mr. Moustachio to ban them again.

What bee exists in the bonnet of the Chiannese?

Dame_Enda

In 1997 China lifted the ban on homosexuality. But under Xi there has been a bit of a crackdown on LGBT in the media. However a ban on LGBT on Weibo was reversed after an outcry, so its not at Russian levels of repression yet.

Prester Jim

Why is no one asking why the Chinese broadcast the Eurovision anyway? They aren't involved and it is appallingly boring rubbish with awful songs, are the Chinese hate-watching it?
As for the censorship, I assume it is for the same general reason that recreational drugs were banned in so much of the world, some c@nt who reduces humanity to numbers in the profit and loss columns thought that homosexuality is unproductive and should be discouraged.

Gin Soaked

Censoring gayness in the Eurovision is like censoring the scrum out of televised rugby .

Catalpast

It's years since I watched it TBH

Awful Stuff that seemed to get worse by the year

But hey what's another year...:cool:

On the OP did the EBC clarify in their contract that the whole programme had to be broadcast in its entirety or not at all?

If they didn't then they may well be sued by the Chinks for breach of Contract?

I hope so anyway!petunia

Polybius

The Chinese have a right to protect their children from homosexual debauchery.

Roll_On

What puzzles me is why the Chinese would want to watch that crap?
It's China, entertainment 10 years ago was shadow puppets at home with granny. The Eurovision is comparatively an exciting kaleidoscope of colour stuffed with beautiful people with HUGE eyes.

Bill

Censoring gayness in the Eurovision is like censoring the scrum out of televised rugby .
we call that one rugby league, we don't talk about that
more baffling was the tattoo ban

Analyzer

Did the fact that the men get on top of each other, and grab each other by the crotch, inspire that remark ??

Analyzer

Will it be shown in the Middle East (outside of Israel - which allows people to do whatever they want ) ?

I presume that the entire show is effectively banned.

Where are the veneer liberals to express outrage over the role of the dominant cult in the Middle East, in shaping views in relation to LGBT rights ?

Another deafening silence ?

Popular Threads

Most Replies