Chinese broadcaster banned from showing Eurovision over censorship of Irish gays

Gin Soaked

Did the fact that the men get on top of each other, and grab each other by the crotch, inspire that remark ??
No, actually. And if that happened to you in the scrum, you may have been misled. Or playing for the sort of school.who get excited about the Vinnie Murray cup .....

WTTR

Website
www.johnfhiggins.eu
Maybe, a little self-reflection, rather than criticising the Chinese could be in order!

Cyp,
Did you go searching for that on seeing my post on The Eurovision 2018 Thread -

I heard on NT today that China did not show The Irish Song as they felt it was promoting a gay lifestyle and that Russia was forced by The EBU to show it and their commentator stressed that the song was promoting male friendship not homosexuality to his audience!

And we still trade with these fux!

Only asking?:rolleyes:
Various interpretations could be put on their action?

I believe that there are more males in China than females.

They could think that the video makes European men more attractive to their women.

Which would make the gender balance even worse.

I have every reason to believe that just as the marginalized European men want to show solidarity towards Asian women, who are still marginalized, paradoxically it is the women at the top who will eventually do something to improve a lot of men who are racing to the bottom of society.
Maybe, we need the outsider to tell it, as it is!

Last edited:

good dog

It's years since I watched it TBH

Awful Stuff that seemed to get worse by the year

But hey what's another year...:cool:

On the OP did the EBC clarify in their contract that the whole programme had to be broadcast in its entirety or not at all?

If they didn't then they may well be sued by the Chinks for breach of Contract?

I hope so anyway!petunia
It can't have been a large payment that the EBC were getting for thr rightd or else they wouldn't have pulled it.

Ceartgoleor

But what would the Chinese TV station have done if the Irish song won?
Good chance the EU will arrange that in the same way RTE arranged it.

All part of the gay lifestyle indoctrination that we hear constantly from RTE.

Telstar 62

The poor Chinese don't realize that Ireland is a gay wonderland,
where our queers dance on the bridges!!!:lol:

Sync

What's the point in paying for the rights to Eurovision and not featuring the gay stuff? It's like the Gay Olympics.

gijoe

The poor Chinese don't realize that Ireland is a gay wonderland,
where our queers dance on the bridges!!!:lol:
God be the good old days when the queers would be dancing under the bridges.......at the end of a rope........ :)

BACKTOBASICS

The whole thing went quare when Ireland stopped winning it - knew it would happen

When I saw it on RTE I immediately switched to Ed and Mike doing up old cars - far more entertaining and easier on the stomach.

D

Deleted member 34656

Agreed.

In fairness the Chinese are probably where we were 20 years ago innocently thinking it was just an evening’s family entertainment.
They’re mad for the oul’ bit of abortion over there.

Now that we’ve got their attention we might as well...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies