Chris Andrews TD calls for FF to merge with FG!

LeDroit

I didn't quite believe this but it's true. I've copied his Tweets below. After failing to save FF with the National Govt ruse, FF are now just going for the Big One and calling for both parties to merge into one because 'voters can't tell the difference between them'! And this from the grandson of Todd Andrews, a founder of FF and vicious anti treatyite.

FG are not getting the traction in the polls because people see little difference between FF and FG. A merger makes sense to me
Twitter• 23/10/2010 18:40
Is this the most obvious pubic admission that FF TDs are utterly panicking? They obviously suspect that FF are looking at a generation or more out of power.

When asked how long a merger would take to complete he said this;

If people were serious it shouldn't take long. I believe there is as much difference within FF as there is between FF and FG.
Twitter• 23/10/2010 19:14
If this happened it would utterly transform the political landscape and probably result in the traditional left/right split found in other countries. Certainly Labour would have to benefit as they would automatically become the main opposition party.

bonkers

they really are desperate to stay in power,can you imagine whats going to come out when a new govt. gets in.

wombat

they really are desperate to stay in power,can you imagine whats going to come out when a new govt. gets in.
Much more likely that Ganley will come out with PD2 backed by Indo etc in the hope of reducing the FG vote and keeping their snouts in the trough.

SideysGhost

Enda needs to squish this idea fast.

FFers need to know there'll be no hiding place, no sanctuary, no amnesty. They are going to PAY for their treachery.

DCon

If people were serious it shouldn't take long. I believe there is as much difference within FF as there is between FF and FG.
Twitter• 23/10/2010 19:14
And no doubt Chris has always been on the good side, sticking up for the people. Pity his "side" always managed to marginally lose, and FF policy became what it is.

TradCat

Invite him to cross the floor and help bring about an election.

spidermom

I didn't quite believe this but it's true. I've copied his Tweets below. After failing to save FF with the National Govt ruse, FF are now just going for the Big One and calling for both parties to merge into one because 'voters can't tell the difference between them'! And this from the grandson of Todd Andrews, a founder of FF and vicious anti treatyite.

Is this the most obvious pubic admission that FF TDs are utterly panicking? They obviously suspect that FF are looking at a generation or more out of power.

If this happened it would utterly transform the political landscape and probably result in the traditional left/right split found in other countries. Certainly Labour would have to benefit as they would automatically become the main opposition party.

Desperation stakes!!!

Machdaddy

Absolutely ranks 10/10 in the pathetic stakes.Surely someone must of hacked his account?? The only crossing the floor you shall be doing Deputy Andrews will be into St John of Gods if your serious!

TradCat

Perhaps draw up a list of acceptable FF TDs who are not tainted. Andrews would be one. Michael McGrath comes to mind. There may be others.

LeDroit

turdsl

This is great news, Fianna Fail now admitting they are finished, The electorate will do it very surgical for them indeed. Every single one of those Fianna Fail TDs who were elected the last time must be isolated, They are all toxic. Those are the same guys who voted down democratic elections a short time ago.This is not acceptable behaviour from
any member or government.

Last edited:

PUFF DADDY

I am absolutely disgusted with this suggestion, I "follow" chris andrews on twitter, for the sake of it (FF view). but don't agree with his views etc. Ok, so we have to conform to strictly a left and a right two party system - end off. Well I say NO to that. I DETEST FF and always have, I am not into the civil war rubbish, (not of that generation) but I look at my country and I say is that it, FF forever ruling this country, I want them destroyed forever. FG, yes there are issues, leader etc..but for gods sake at least they are showing their policies. If this happened i.e. a merge, who would I vote for ? LAB ? the reason I cant vote LAB is the unions love in and sitting on the fence re public sector reform etc, the reason I WONT EVER vote FF, is that they are corrupt, condescending, gombeen, wink wink ass holes.

Lets have a left and right party situation, but I want FF out of the frame completely. If FG did this (which in the real world would not happen) I will never vote again.

PS I want an election prebudget day, what are the F in chances ?

Goldencircle

And no doubt Chris has always been on the good side, sticking up for the people. Pity his "side" always managed to marginally lose, and FF policy became what it is.
There is a good side ?

Invite him to cross the floor and help bring about an election.
That should shut him up fairly quick :)

TradCat

I'm sure he knows a merger isn't on. Maybe his is signalling his own willingness to move. With his name it would be a huge blow to FF right down to the grass roots.

There was a good side to FF once. Haughey defeated it and Ahern destroyed it. The few that are left from that wing owe Fianna Fail nothing. The party of their grandparents no longer exists and FG is their natural home.

Sync

The statement should be as simple as "I didn't know it was April Fools. If any member of Fianna Fail wish to join Fianna Gael, they know my number." That's it. I'll offer dollars to donuts Enda finds a way to mess it up.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies