Chris Andrews TD calls for FF to merge with FG!

Vincent Browne's tie

This or FF just organically being destroyed would be amazing outcomes!

Anything that stops the zombie 35% from voting for a candidate purely based on the FF or FG logo attached to their name is to be rejoiced...

Who knows these people may awake from their stasis and actually decide who next to vote for based on policy!! :eek:

dotski_w_

Website
irishpollingreport.wordpress.com
I'm sure he knows a merger isn't on. Maybe his is signalling his own willingness to move. With his name it would be a huge blow to FF right down to the grass roots.
he's widely derided in FF as being a bit thick, and my experiences of him wouldn't contradict that.

not that I think the basic idea is wrong.

LeDroit

The statement should be as simple as "I didn't know it was April Fools. If any member of Fianna Fail wish to join Fianna Gael, they know my number." That's it. I'll offer dollars to donuts Enda finds a way to mess it up.
Guaranteed. Some journo will ask him 'Enda, tell us, what is the difference between the two parties'. Thereafter Enda will stutter and stammer his way to a 5 point drop in the polls.

PUFF DADDY

His latest tweet

It's all pretty much speculation because it's unlikely to happen. Maybe after next election is would be considered.It's a big leap

DCon

For the record

Dáil debates
Wednesday, 13 May 2009
Chris Andrews (Dublin South East, Fianna Fail) Link to this

The last number of months has seen much finger pointing and accusation about who is to blame for our economic problems. Mistakes were made but the reality is that over the last ten years we dramatically cut the national debt and invested significantly in infrastructure and services, which remain in place and which will put us in a very good place when the turnabout comes, which it inevitably will.
Chris Andrews (Dublin South East, Fianna Fail) Link to this

The establishment of the NAMA is necessary and critical to restoring our damaged banking system. There is a case against the establishment of the NAMA, but the case in favour of it is stronger. This measure will restore the credit flow to businesses which are in critical need of working capital. I look forward to the NAMA beginning its work and I am confident that the best interests of the Irish taxpayer will be served.

We have put in place measures to deal with that and ensure credit is flowing and will flow.
http://www.kildarestreet.com/debates/?id=2009-05-13.481.0&s=chris+andrews+nama#g526.0

TommyO'Brien

One word: no.

turdsl

No doubt an old Fianna Fail trick, if you cannot beat them bring them down to their own level.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
what is so unbelievable in this.. what he is saying makes perfect sense.. there is practically a hairs breath between the two parties in terms of political outlook

the major difference between the parties is that their grandfathers and grandmothers fell out about 80 years ago, but put a FF member/councillor/td and a FG member/councillor/td on a platform without telling an assembled crowd which party they are in, ask them to give a short statement regarding their political ideology and outlook, and i will guarentee 90% of the crowd wont know one from the other

j26

This, of course, could just be a tactic to deflect media attention from the poll results.

LeDroit

This, of course, could just be a tactic to deflect media attention from the poll results.
Surely it'll be seen as a panicked reaction to the poll.

Expatriot

Why does he not just resign from FF and join FG if that is the way he feels?

He seems to believe in being in power. The fact that FF TDs cannot see a difference between themselves and FG says all you need to know about why FF is finished.

FF stands for nothing anymore. Nothing.

j26

Surely it'll be seen as a panicked reaction to the poll.
One TD has suggested it's not beyond the bounds of possibility as the parties are similar. By tomorrow it may turn into some media hack asking Enda about why he refused to reach consensus, since FF and FG are so similar, or Gilmore being questioned as to how can he trust FG since they are the same as FF.

Result? The opposition having to answer questions, rather than FF.

L'Chaim

Has Chris been smoking the waccy baccy?

Tomas Mor

You dont know why he is at this - maybe to attract some soft liberal D4 type FG voters or high preferances. May be an act of desperation, and could appeal to some off the wall types like Lucy Creighton who want to be outrageously radical or redundant.

moodracer

This is great news, Fianna Fail now admitting they are finished, The electorate will do it very surgical for them indeed. Every single one of those Fianna Fail TDs who were elected the last time must be isolated, They are all toxic. Those are the same guys who voted down democratic elections a short time ago.This is not acceptable behaviour from
any member or government.
+1

But be weary of such messages from FF deputies...... it wouldn`t be the first time they flew a kite to divert attention from another issue.

Popular Threads

Most Replies