Chris Hazzard’s remark that if a hard border is imposed here, it could lead to civil disobedience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeymac

I sometimes wonder about the Great British public. Mention the word ‘royal’ and the brains of otherwise sensible people seem to evaporate out their ears and any other exit point available. We saw this just two days ago when the news that Prince Harry had become engaged to Meghan Markle, who can be seen in that godawful American TV series Suits topped the news.

The other thing raising the temperature today is – no, not North Korea and its latest missile – Sinn Féin’s Chris Hazzard’s remark that if a hard border is imposed here, it could lead to civil disobedience.

Jim Allister shot out of the blocks and declared that “Hazzard” (none of your polite Mr or Chris for Jim) was raising the threat of violence. This is rubbish, since civil disobedience is normally construed as the opposite of violence. But looked at a different way, maybe Jim is right. The last time people in the north engaged in civil disobedience by peaceful marching, the violence from first the RUC and then from the British Army, notably the Parachute regiment was shocking. I never thought I’d write the words but I agree with Jim. Anybody who tries civil disobedience over a hard border here better be prepared for the unleashing of state violence. And will there be people who’ll engage in civil disobedience if the old ugliness of border customs posts are reinstated? You know there will, Virginia, you know there will.

More nonsense from these cave dwellers...... unfortunately........and given the fact they started the violence with their attacks on the civil rights supporters who were demanding a vote and unbelievably..........at the same time, MLK and his supporters had the vote for his people .......disgusting stuff, Brits should be ashamed of themselves.

Royal non-racism and that bad Chris Hazzard - Jude Collins

Mickeymac

Enoch Powell the racist who was kicked out of the British Tory party and was invited by the unionists to represent them took the safe seat, Eddie the stoop took it of him and according to what I have read was actually a worse rep than Powell, then came Ritchie who wore a bigger poppy than Snarelene took the seat unfortunately.........and guess what..........the people of South Down have woke up to the best political rep they have had in many decades

vivabrigada

I sometimes wonder about the Great British public. Mention the word ‘royal’ and the brains of otherwise sensible people seem to evaporate out their ears and any other exit point available. We saw this just two days ago when the news that Prince Harry had become engaged to Meghan Markle, who can be seen in that godawful American TV series Suits topped the news.

The other thing raising the temperature today is – no, not North Korea and its latest missile – Sinn Féin’s Chris Hazzard’s remark that if a hard border is imposed here, it could lead to civil disobedience.

Jim Allister shot out of the blocks and declared that “Hazzard” (none of your polite Mr or Chris for Jim) was raising the threat of violence. This is rubbish, since civil disobedience is normally construed as the opposite of violence. But looked at a different way, maybe Jim is right. The last time people in the north engaged in civil disobedience by peaceful marching, the violence from first the RUC and then from the British Army, notably the Parachute regiment was shocking. I never thought I’d write the words but I agree with Jim. Anybody who tries civil disobedience over a hard border here better be prepared for the unleashing of state violence. And will there be people who’ll engage in civil disobedience if the old ugliness of border customs posts are reinstated? You know there will, Virginia, you know there will.

More nonsense from these cave dwellers...... unfortunately........and given the fact they started the violence with their attacks on the civil rights supporters who were demanding a vote and unbelievably..........at the same time, MLK and his supporters had the vote for his people .......disgusting stuff, Brits should be ashamed of themselves.

Grim Allister was a leading light in the DUP when they formed Ulster Reistance.
Ulster Resistance were involved in the the importation of arms with the UVF, UDA and British Army agent Brian Nelson.
Hundreds of catholics in the north were targeted with these weapons, many died.
Ian Paisley vowed to give UR any political cover they needed.
UR never decomissioned the weapons, they are still out there.
Sunny Jim doesn't like to talk about about Ulster Resistance and their weapons.

McSlaggart

This is rubbish, since civil disobedience is normally construed as the opposite of violence. But looked at a different way, maybe Jim is right. The last time people in the north engaged in civil disobedience by peaceful marching, the violence from first the RUC and then from the British Army, notably the Parachute regiment was shocking. I never thought I’d write the words but I agree with Jim. Anybody who tries civil disobedience over a hard border here better be prepared for the unleashing of state violence. And will there be people who’ll engage in civil disobedience if the old ugliness of border customs posts are reinstated? You know there will, Virginia, you know there will.

It just struck me that during the troubles most people would use "unapproved roads" to cross the border. It will be funny to see what unionists do when faced with a 10 mile drive and a long wait when they can use an approved crossing.

theloner

John Taylor of Kill Looney predicted civil war a few weeks ago. Unionists said sweet f*ck all about it. The 'fox' outrage (as Jim Wilson would say) coupled with the most obvious hypocrisy is simply hilarious. It's like Baron Looney suggesting a weight watchers program.

vivabrigada

John Taylor of Kill Looney predicted civil war a few weeks ago. Unionists said sweet f*ck all about it. The 'fox' outrage (as Jim Wilson would say) coupled with the most obvious hypocrisy is simply hilarious. It's like Baron Looney suggesting a weight watchers program.
To quote one unionist consultant, Taylor is a bit of a "rabbit dog" .

<Mod> This topic is being discussed here. </Mod>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies