Christchurch NZ Massacre

Beachcomber

You could not make this up.

The shooter today talked about "invasion" in his manifesto.

Trump communicates his sorrow .... and then starts a rant about invasion of the US .... an invasion that all know is fake.

Talking of invasions, let's not forget that this perp in NZ is Australian - an immigrant from New Zealand's point of view.

More trouble caused by an immigrant.

Beachcomber

WTF are you raving about?

This thread is about a right-wing nutjob who murdered at least 49 men, women and children in cold blood.

Start your own thread if you want to talk about something entirely unrelated, instead of spamming this one with your hysterics.

My question is related to this incident.

I'm not raving, or being hysterical.

If some Islamist terrorist(s) kill 50+ people soon, would there be as much outrage?

Beachcomber

Because of the poor OP. The author has been made aware that if he smartens it up it will be restored a more appropriate forum.
Why then was the other thread on the subject amended so that nobody can reply to posts?

Mitsui2

The right wing are not responsible, Islam is the problem.

They brought terrorism to our shores, while the silent majority watched on.

Now it is their community who knows what it feels like to be under attack. For once it is not the indigenous citizens.
You know, I'm not at all sure I've ever seen such a rich mixture of confusion, imprecision and complete horseshite in just three sentences before .

Not even sentences by your good self .

rainmaker

Administrator
Why then was the other thread on the subject amended so that nobody can reply to posts?
It was locked and redirected to this one because that one was in the wrong forum.

All the OP has to do to have it reinstated is to smarten up the OP - sadly he seems more interested in playing the victim of some conspiracy to supress discussion of the topic.

rainmaker

Administrator
Media after Nice, Manchester, Paris, Brussels, London - 'Nothing to see here, move on'.
Frankly, that is a load of near professional level victim playing - another favored theme of the far right. Those incidents were hugely covered and examined in depth by the media.

Of course what your real issue is is that one of your own did this and the Muslim victims are generally receiving the sympathy and empathy they deserve - and it's killing you a little inside.

Last edited:

Politics matters

My question is related to this incident.

I'm not raving, or being hysterical.

If some Islamist terrorist(s) kill 50+ people soon, would there be as much outrage?
No there would not be, we have become so conditioned to Islamic violence that it rarely shocks the public anymore.

rainmaker

Administrator
No there would not be, we have become so conditioned to Islamic violence that it rarely shocks the public anymore.
So you're saying that people were not just as angry after Islamic atrocities in London, Paris and Manchester - righto.

The sympathy these victims and their families are rightly receiving really has ruined the whole thing for some of you, hasn't it.

Herr Rommel

No, sorry. Rewriting a post be unethical as well as leaving us wide open to accusations of tampering with a users post, as well as creating an atmosphere of suspicion.
I can actually see your point. Could thr OP change it themselves ?

Wagmore

Frankly, that is a load of near professional level victim playing - another favored theme of the far right. Those incidents were hugely covered and examined in depth by the media.

Of course what your real issue is is that one of your own did this and the Muslim victims are generally receiving the sympathy and empathy they deserve - and it's killing you a little inside.
One of your own!!!
Christchurch Shooter Praises Communist China, Condemns Conservatism and Capitalism: Media Call Him a Trump Supporter

Buchaill Dana

Were/are you a fascist?

Yes. For once, the person that will be called a fascist, is an actual fascist. I am sure the journalists will love that.

I mostly agree with Sir Oswald Mosley’s views and consider myself an Eco-fascist by nature.

The nation with the closest political and social values to my own is the People’s Republic of China.

rainmaker

Administrator
I can actually see your point. Could thr OP change it themselves ?
Well I would have hoped so, he has been contacted both privately when the thread was moved and publicly on the thread - so far he has chosen only to make a single post about the injustice of it all.

I personally wish he would spend the two minutes or so it would take and we could restore it.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Talking of invasions, let's not forget that this perp in NZ is Australian - an immigrant from New Zealand's point of view.

More trouble caused by an immigrant.
Aus is to NZ as the UK is to Ireland. Close cousins divided by history. They both enjoy unrestricted movement and residency work rights amongst each other.

Hitchcock

This is a troubling narrative, attempt to humanise the killer, victims reduced to an after thought.

Hitchcock

Of course when it’s an Islamic fundamentalist the papers never stop with stories about how he was a good boy and loved his family and answered the call to pray four times a day.
I figured you or one of your ilk would be along with that stupid response....

Here's the same news paper in response to the attack on the Bataclan - see any difference? Perhaps as you suggest there is a humanising narrative of those who commit terror in the name of islamic fundamentalism, I haven't see it - maybe you can help me out given the media 'never stop with stories'?

owedtojoy

Of course when it’s an Islamic fundamentalist the papers never stop with stories about how he was a good boy and loved his family and answered the call to pray four times a day.
You are wrong, by the way, the evidence is that most of the Islamic terrorists originating in the west were not particularly devout - they were not regular worshippers, they often drank, smoked and chased women. They were radicalised because they were so ignorant they were easily trapped into a false view of what Islam was.

It is sad that on a day when the entire human race should be united in grief and condemnation we cannot get past that to a discussion of how to prevent extremist attacks from whatever direction.

Herr Rommel

I figured you or one of your ilk would be along with that stupid response....

Here's the same news paper in response to the attack on the Bataclan - see any difference? Perhaps as you suggest there is a humanising narrative of those who commit terror in the name of islamic fundamentalism, I haven't see it - maybe you can help me out given the media 'never stop with stories'?

View attachment 17109
Higher death toll figures went right over your head I see and if you did the same search with the Manchester bombing you would find after a day or so the narrative was soon about the killer and how he had been turn into a fundamentalist.

Remember it's ok to be white it's no crime but what is a crime is what happened yesterday in New Zealand and the cold blooded killing of those innocent people just out saying prayers.

Did you know that some of the victims were Syrian refugees who had been sponsored by good local people in New Zealand who wanted to help those people have a new start in life ?