• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Christian hate preacher heads to Ireland

Supra

In case you hadn't noticed, it's restricted in most places.

Speech that contains hatred is one of those typical restrictions.

How exactly can he be challenged via debate? His hatred is not going to go away by debating with him.
It might. Mine has lessened due to debate.

Suppression of debate is prevalent today , by Facebook banning, Twitter shadow banning ,U-tube banning, de-monetising of blogs. etc.
By the new EU Articles 11&13. By designating dissidents as non-violent extremists.
This is the new Fascism, to suppress and eliminate discussion of politically incorrect and other speech.
No different than the Nazi book burnings. Welcome to Orwells 1984 and the Ministry of Truth.

Supra

Suppression of debate is prevalent today , by Facebook banning, Twitter shadow banning ,U-tube banning, de-monetising of blogs. etc.
By the new EU Articles 11&13. By designating dissidents as non-violent extremists.
This is the new Fascism, to suppress and eliminate discussion of politically incorrect and other speech.
No different than the Nazi book burnings. Welcome to Orwells 1984 and the Ministry of Truth.
This practice is not unique to fascism. It exists in all elements of isms

Watcher2

Even in the U.S. the right to free speech is not absolute for instance you cant cry fire in a theatre and claim free speech, the same is true here!!
Of course there must be limits on speech. False accusations for instance...and inciting hatred. I'm sure there are more if I was @rsed to think more about such a silly thing.

fat finger

Few of us had heard of that preacher before. But if it's true that he was calling for death to homos, then which of us would oppose banning him from this country? The real challenge for all clerics in this country now is to be much more vocal in denouncing government sponsored homoliberalistion, we need each of us, not just clerics but all of us, to be much more vocal in asserting that the practice of man on man or woman on woman sex is wrong, biblically wrong, not part of God's plan for us, incapable of producing children, a failure to multiply as the Bible orders us, which is why we must not get hung up on extremist preachers but rather must focus on individual failure to denounce the corruption and sin destroying our own neighbourhoods, ask God for forgiveness and get on immediately with the important business of creating a better Ireland and a better world

Last edited:

USER1234

Few of us had heard of that preacher before. But if it's true that he was calling for death to homos, then which of us would oppose banning him from this country? The real challenge for all clerics in this country now is to be much more vocal in denouncing government sponsored homoliberalistion, we need each of us, not just clerics but all of us, to be much more vocal in asserting that the practice of man on man or woman on woman sex is wrong, biblically wrong, not part of God's plan for us, incapable of producing children, a failure to multiply as the Bible orders us, which is why we must not get hung up on extremist preachers but rather must focus on individual failure to denounce the corruption and sin destroying our own neighbourhoods, ask God for forgiveness and get on immediately with the important business of creating a better Ireland and a better world
Oh please!

1) the 1950s are calling they want you back

2) yes its it's true that he was calling for death to gay people, dont forget he actually praised the shooter in mass shooting at the pulse gay nightclub in Florida in 2016 for killing those gay people

3) As much as you may not like it, irish people support equal rights for all people and that isnt going to change

4) we have happily left the era behind where any religion has the power or control over the country to force gay people back into the closet and any attempt to do so will just distance them more from the people!

Last edited:

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Legally I believe the situation around the principles of free speech and free assembly in Ireland is such that it is recognised that such principles exist in the constitution but those principles are hedged about by a wording which indicates it is within the powers of the Minister for Justice to suspend those rights.

Free speech and free assembly are not absolute rights granted to the citizen by the constitution but in our case with the approval of a Minister.

So legally I don't think there is any likely challenge available, which means we can prevent extremists from entering the state where for example there is a reasonable case that they would contribute to extremist views.

Only problem from there is how to use the system judiciously and evenly.

hudhastings27

Twitter
Henry @Hudhastings
Freedom of speech SACRED. Who is next?? Pastor Anderson mad a documentary with Texe Marrs called Marching to Zion exposing Israel and its treatment of the Palestinians and its false doctrine the Talmud. The gay lobby is hugely supported by Israel as Israel supports invading Iran. So he said some stuff about gays. Lots of people say stupid things sometimes I do not agree with what he said he was acting like an idiot. He is anti abortion and pro traditional in his family values anti-abortion. No one trusts the Catholic church. Ireland is becoming PC LEFTY madness we need traditional opinions because there is no media. Whos next. Will I be allowed back into Ireland when I go abroad after writing this post. Where do you draw the line.. Check out Dr E Michael Jones a Plan for catholic Ireland.

Last edited:

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Which reminds me. Free speech in my view is a fine principle and should be supported. We all have an automatic built-in volume knob.

The only problem with free speech as I see it is having to provide minimal respect to all sorts of nutters the average person wouldn't have anything to do with in real life.

WayOutWest

Being known as the pastor of a church makes this fella sound respectable but he could be so easily be known as the fuhrer of nazi group. Wasn’t Hitler gay.

omgsquared

This person holds and expresses opinions on which many people may disagree. I find many of his remarks distasteful and disagree with some. There are many of the liberal side and every shade and persuasion in between persuasion that also hold opinions in which many others disagree.

Unfortunately the people who at the moment have undue influence over the media and public opinion, lets call them the so called liberals have what can only be described as a fascist style control over what can and cannot be stated in public, react to any disagreeable opinion with false outrage , and claims of offensiveness.

So white middle age hetro sexual men like me who believe that homosexuality is an abnormality ( but perhaps natural for some people), but believes that they should not be persecuted, that adoption of children by gays is abhorrent, that there are two sexes and that trans people need physiological/ mental health assistance, that wonder why so many LGBT female activist are overweight, dye their hair bright red or purple or similar, or have numerous rings and studs embedded in various part of their bodies , that Ireland needs to adopt a functioning immigration policy and system that works for the bevefit of Irish people.

but who also believes that the economy is for people , that we need a more human friendly economic system, a fairer system where health education and housing is accessible to all citizens

Will only be branded as right wing fascist racist, homophobe, transphobe person.

There are many layers, angles , perspectives in any debate unfortunately modern debate has become one of personal offense and extremism .

LISTOWEL MAN

was Pastor Steven Anderson watching the Eurovision last night ?

maYfWXv.jpg

mEAiUiz.jpg

7FjvpLf.jpg

IL0WIoT.jpg

imagine his face contorted with rage when Conchita walked out

USER1234

This person holds and expresses opinions on which many people may disagree. I find many of his remarks distasteful and disagree with some. There are many of the liberal side and every shade and persuasion in between persuasion that also hold opinions in which many others disagree.

Unfortunately the people who at the moment have undue influence over the media and public opinion, lets call them the so called liberals have what can only be described as a fascist style control over what can and cannot be stated in public, react to any disagreeable opinion with false outrage , and claims of offensiveness.

So white middle age hetro sexual men like me who believe that homosexuality is an abnormality ( but perhaps natural for some people), but believes that they should not be persecuted, that adoption of children by gays is abhorrent, that there are two sexes and that trans people need physiological/ mental health assistance, that wonder why so many LGBT female activist are overweight, dye their hair bright red or purple or similar, or have numerous rings and studs embedded in various part of their bodies , that Ireland needs to adopt a functioning immigration policy and system that works for the bevefit of Irish people.

but who also believes that the economy is for people , that we need a more human friendly economic system, a fairer system where health education and housing is accessible to all citizens

Will only be branded as right wing fascist racist, homophobe, transphobe person.

There are many layers, angles , perspectives in any debate unfortunately modern debate has become one of personal offense and extremism .
Again free speech has limits, this unchristian pastor has called for the dealth penalty for being gay and has cheered for the shooter in the 2016 florida gay nightclub shooting, he is an extremist who brand of hate is inwlecome here!

Popular Threads

Most Replies