• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Christian persecution 'at near genocide levels'

Fenian Boy

The persecution of Christians in parts of the world is at near "genocide" levels, according to a report ordered by Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt.
The review, led by the Bishop of Truro the Right Reverend Philip Mounstephen, estimated that one in three people suffer from religious persecution.
Christians were the most persecuted religious group, it found.
Mr Hunt said he felt that "political correctness" had played a part in the issue not being confronted.
This should not come as a surprise to anyone. It's doubtful, however, that this issue will receive much attention from western politicians or media in general, considering the references to massacred Christian worshippers in Sri Lanka as "Easter worshippers" rather Christian worshippers, I think it's clear that the persecution of Christians mainly by Muslims across the world is something that they would rather not be discussed.

rainmaker

Administrator
It's doubtful, however, that this issue will receive much attention from western politicians or media in general,
That's why British politicians commissioned this report and the BBC are covering it - frothing hysterics do you no favours.

Fenian Boy

That's why British politicians commissioned this report and the BBC are covering it - frothing hysterics do you no favours.
A single article on BBC is hardly much coverage. If this was Christians persecuting Muslims, coverage would be worldwide, we'd have people like Obama and Hillary tweeting on it, opinion articles slamming western leaders for not doing enough and calls for more Muslim refugees to be allowed in. Because it's Christians it will go largely ignored. I'm not even much of a Christian myself, however you have to be blind to not see that this is happening.

Strawberry

A single article on BBC is hardly much coverage. If this was Christians persecuting Muslims, coverage would be worldwide, we'd have people like Obama and Hillary tweeting on it, opinion articles slamming western leaders for not doing enough and calls for more Muslim refugees to be allowed in. Because it's Christians it will go largely ignored. I'm not even much of a Christian myself, however you have to be blind to not see that this is happening.
Don't worry I'm sure Trumpski will make a tweet about it soon enough.

rainmaker

Administrator
Oh spare me the the far right victim playing. You lot spouted the same nonsense about the Notre Dame fire - laughably claiming the western media was ignoring it even while twenty four news covering it.

What is really happening is that the likes of you are still fuming because the victims in Christchurch any received sympathy at all from the public because you had assumed that same public would revel in it as much as you lot were.

parentheses

Ideally persecuted Christians should be prioritized for asylum in Europe. They would be far more compatible culturally even though most Europeans are now secular.

parentheses

Oh spare me the the far right victim playing. You lot spouted the same nonsense about the Notre Dame fire - laughably claiming the western media was ignoring it even while twenty four news covering it.

What is really happening is that the likes of you are still fuming because the victims in Christchurch any received sympathy at all from the public because you had assumed that same public would revel in it as much as you lot were.
Just to point out Jeremy Hunt has admitted the persecution of Christians was being ignored.

rainmaker

Administrator
Just to point out Jeremy Hunt has admitted the persecution of Christians was being ignored.
And just to point out I did not take issue with what he said, I pointed out the hysterical stupidity of claiming western politicians and media will completely ignore this and then linking to the politician who ordered the report, on the BBC.

Thanks for unintentionally underlining my point.

parentheses

And just to point out I did not take issue with what he said, I pointed out the hysterical stupidity of claiming western politicians and media will completely ignore this and then linking to the politician who ordered the report, on the BBC.

Thanks for unintentionally underlining my point.
It's not hysterical stupidity. Hunt clearly admitted the "near genocide" of Christians had been effectively ignored up until now in an "atmosphere of political correctness."

rainmaker

Administrator
It's not hysterical stupidity. Hunt clearly admitted the "near genocide" of Christians had been effectively ignored up until now in an "atmosphere of political correctness."
Read my post again, this time slowly.

I said it was hysterical stupidity to claim western politicians & media were completely ignoring this, when the report was commissioned by a western politician, the statement was by a western politician & the link used was the BBC story.

blinding

Usually the Muslims are very busy killing one another . Worrying that they are finding time to kill Christians .

parentheses

Read my post again, this time slowly.

I said it was hysterical stupidity to claim western politicians & media were completely ignoring this, when the report was commissioned by a western politician, the statement was by a western politician & the link used was the BBC story.
But conveniently omitting that the politician admitted that the west largely ignored the persecutions of Christians.

Arguing with you is like going round and round in circles for ever.

rainmaker

Administrator
But conveniently omitting that the politician admitted that the west largely ignored the persecutions of Christians.

You are making ever more idiotic posts to cover up for the fact that you grasped the wrong end of the stick and ran with it - & here you are continuing to run with it & making yourself look ever more bewildered in the process.

I made no judgement on the claim itself. I simply pointed and laughed at the OP for ranting that politicians and the media are totally ignoring this and linking to a media report of a politician saying it to prove they're ignoring it.

I cannot dumb it down any further & nor am I breaking out the crayons to explain it in a medium you can comprehend.

petaljam

This should not come as a surprise to anyone. It's doubtful, however, that this issue will receive much attention from western politicians or media in general, considering the references to massacred Christian worshippers in Sri Lanka as "Easter worshippers" rather Christian worshippers, I think it's clear that the persecution of Christians mainly by Muslims across the world is something that they would rather not be discussed.
The hypocrisy of Jeremy Hunt trying to blame political correctness when his own government has been utterly despicable about things like refusing asylum to Asia Bibi would be funny if it wasn't so reckless with real people's lives. Has he ever even made any objection known to his friends in Saudi Arabia about their ban on the public practise of Christianity, if he cared at all?

All he's doing is cynically exploiting Christians in the Middle East to score political points at home.

petaljam

By admitting you mean blaming someone else, though. That's not admitting - especially when he could shoulder plenty of the guilt in the name of his government, if he were being genuine about it. Britain's actions led directly to the massacre of Iraqi Christians, but you won't see him "admitting" that.

parentheses

By admitting you mean blaming someone else, though. That's not admitting - especially when he could shoulder plenty of the guilt in the name of his government, if he were being genuine about it. Britain's actions led directly to the massacre of Iraqi Christians, but you won't see him "admitting" that.
I don't disagree with you on that.

petaljam

I don't disagree with you on that.
But it's all still somehow the fault of political correctness, yeah? :rolleyes:

The persecution of Christians in parts of the world is at near "genocide" levels, according to a report ordered by Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt.
The review, led by the Bishop of Truro the Right Reverend Philip Mounstephen, estimated that one in three people suffer from religious persecution.
Christians were the most persecuted religious group, it found.
Mr Hunt said he felt that "political correctness" had played a part in the issue not being confronted.
Well of course he did. How handy for him.

As opposed to cynical politicians such as Hunt always putting their financial and commercial interests way beyond anything so minor as people. Especially foreign people.

Hunt shouldn't be allowed to rewrite reality like that, controlling the narrative by commissioning reports his government pays for.

But the same idiots fall for it every time. Quoting him as if he were in the slightest bit trustworthy. On any issue, but especially not one like this where he and his party are so much more directly responsible than any notion of political correctness. How stupid does someone have to be not to see the attempted manipulation going on.

cunnyfunt

Threads/posts which claim victim hood for muslims get "likes" and endorsements from the far left extremists on here.....including a certain moderater, whilst threads/posts claiming Christians are victim's get ridiculed or laughed at by the same pillars of society. # Hypocrisy.

jimbohane

Threads/posts which claim victim hood for muslims get "likes" and endorsements from the far left extremists on here.....including a certain moderater, whilst threads/posts claiming Christians are victim's get ridiculed or laughed at by the same pillars of society. # Hypocrisy.
Very likely the said mod is an ANTIFA supporter or member and we all know how they love to champion the cause of Islam. They use it to hit out against the Christian society they have come to hate. Ironically this society that they have a gripe with allows them the freedom of speech to speak out against it ,but the cause that they champion denies its members the same right and carries a death sentence from its founder on those who openly criticise it or choose to leave it. The clowns in ANTIFA dare to call the people who oppose their viewpoint racists and bigots while the people of the cause they champion are laughing themselves silly that a shower of infidels could be so gullible as to betray their own, something that they themselves would not even dare to even contemplate.
The rights that Christians are denied in countries in which there is a Muslim majority are truly shocking but while the west bends over backwards to accommodate Islam there will never be a reciprocal arrangement as the paedophile prophets doctrine forbids it and Muslims will only say that forbidding freedom of religion is wrong when it comes to the west stopping ''them ''building mosques.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies