• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Christian Solidarity Party?

armada

Are they a closed organisation or do they actually try to get members of the public to vote for them?

All I can find on them is a basic wiki page and a manifesto. Has anyone ever had dealings with the party, and if so any chance of a realistic account of the organisation.

Its just odd that there are parties in this country that you rarely (almost never) hear of.

absconded

I know very little about them except that by dingbat motherinlaw is one. They seem to be a collection of freaks from the company she keeps. Strong on catholicism and weak on christianity. They must have the priests driven demented. She is an avid reader of the Alive newspaper which is given out free in churches by fellow nutters. I suggest you read it sometime. She also watches EWTN tv 24/7.
I´m fairly prolife myself for what I feel are humanitarian reasons. But these people seem to have a direct line to God and he directs them in their beliefs and actions. Thankfully they don´t yet have the technology to make sophisticated bombs or hijack planes. Easily recognised by their mohair berets.

jcdf

I do not think they really matter. They are more of a social group for people of similar beliefs than a viable political movement.

armada

That crisis pregnancy agency is the type of thing i was expecting really. I have to crack onto this Alive newspaper, sounds like it would be refreshingly unbiased. that youtube clip is ace, could only have gotten more cringe worthy if he started rapping.

thanks to yer comments i'm getting a better picture of this crowd.

absconded

That crisis pregnancy agency is the type of thing i was expecting really. I have to crack onto this Alive newspaper, sounds like it would be refreshingly unbiased. that youtube clip is ace, could only have gotten more cringe worthy if he started rapping.

thanks to yer comments i'm getting a better picture of this crowd.
Yeah... the Alive paper is a real hoot. The last one I read was really supportive of Palin. For the very good reason that she is pro life. I reckon whether you are a mass goer or not, it´s worth going just to get your free copy of the Alive paper..:)

MartinP

They have quite a vocal member based in Buncrana, Co. Donegal, who contested the 26 county general election in 2007. She would be a regular(ish) feature in local press and radio, where she often makes an eejit of herself by ranting about how topless barmaids are wrong, cervical cancer vaccines for girls promotes promiscuity, and yesterday she was on about how a poster of two people kissing (to promote sale of Valentines cards) encourages people to have sex.

absconded

You remember that horrible case lately of the mother abusing her children?? There was an account of the story saying that some conservative catholic party had been funding her previous appeal, which she had won to keep her children. Was it this party, does anybody know? Sure a mothers right to keep her family together outweighs any sexual abuse and trauma she might inflict doesn´t it??:-( Sick or what!!

KingKane

Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane
You remember that horrible case lately of the mother abusing her children?? There was an account of the story saying that some conservative catholic party had been funding her previous appeal, which she had won to keep her children. Was it this party, does anybody know? Sure a mothers right to keep her family together outweighs any sexual abuse and trauma she might inflict doesn´t it??:-( Sick or what!!
I don't believe it was the CSP, rather it might perhaps have been an organisation centred around an individual. You can google for it if you like, I know Bock the robber and twenty major have written about it.

JoeHickey

There is aguy in limerick Conor o'Donoghue who contested the last GE and locals, nice enough guy.....CRAZY POLITICS......... he drives around Limerick with a load hailer on his car all of his free time (as if limerick didnt have enough problems already!!) promoting his candidature.

Lao-Tse

Nora Bennis (BOO!) was in the CSP . I think they might also be
linked with the crowd who used run the Irish Family Press mag
as well. I vaguely remember CSP clashing with the Irish Humanist
Association and maybe the Campaign to Separate Church and State as well.

red-365

Nora Bennis was not in the CSP but a founder of 'The National Party'. She stood in the 1994 Euro elections winning 5% of the vote in Munster. Stood at a few elections since but to no avail.
Kathy Sinnott has had the loony right vote sewn up ever since.

setanta

Are they a closed organisation or do they actually try to get members of the public to vote for them?

All I can find on them is a basic wiki page and a manifesto. Has anyone ever had dealings with the party, and if so any chance of a realistic account of the organisation.

Its just odd that there are parties in this country that you rarely (almost never) hear of.
Following Ganley's bollox at a uber-Katholik love-in these past few days, it looks like the Christian Solidarity Party is fast metamorphosing into Liebertas.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
They have quite a vocal member based in Buncrana, Co. Donegal, who contested the 26 county general election in 2007. She would be a regular(ish) feature in local press and radio, where she often makes an eejit of herself by ranting about how topless barmaids are wrong, cervical cancer vaccines for girls promotes promiscuity, and yesterday she was on about how a poster of two people kissing (to promote sale of Valentines cards) encourages people to have sex.
I was going to mention they, or at least she, is active in Inishowen.
Great for the old "down with this kind of thing" soundbite in the local papers. I met her at the count in May '07. I struck up a conversation with her because one of her helpers was easy on the eye, and because I was bored. 09:00 boxes opened. 09:30 I knew our guy was fcooked. After that I was just mingling.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies