Christian Solidarity Party?

Odyessus

That crisis pregnancy agency is the type of thing i was expecting really. I have to crack onto this Alive newspaper, sounds like it would be refreshingly unbiased. that youtube clip is ace, could only have gotten more cringe worthy if he started rapping.

thanks to yer comments i'm getting a better picture of this crowd.

You can pick up a free copy of Alive in any Catholic church.

Geekzilla

I don't believe it was the CSP, rather it might perhaps have been an organisation centred around an individual. You can google for it if you like, I know Bock the robber and twenty major have written about it.
It was a different group indeed - I think the person in question tried to run a school of her own because the others weren't religious enough for her.

tenderloins1

Twitter
@electionlit
Mena Bean Ui Chribin is the womens name (re the Roscommon case). As far as I know she never went before the public.
Muintir na hÉireann (Dont think its still going) set up by ex Green Cllr Richard Greene is another right wing Catholic Party.
Best of the lot was the shortlived Christian Principles Party (Slogan "Jobs for Youth, Not Condoms") which had a number of candidates at the 1991 local elections.
Still have their leaflet at home, its priceless.

Horace Horse

Yeah... the Alive paper is a real hoot. The last one I read was really supportive of Palin. For the very good reason that she is pro life. I reckon whether you are a mass goer or not, it´s worth going just to get your free copy of the Alive paper..:)
No need to go to mass where I live. The paper is thrown in the letterbox. I enjoy it. Aside from its traditionalist Catholicism, which I have no objection to, it's pro-worker, anti-globalism, anti-imperialist (very good on Gaza, for example). Unfortunatley has not taken a stand against mass immigration, perhaps it's still influenced by mumbo-jumbo from the bishops about multiculturalism etc. It's free but I'd happily pay for it (it's worth twice what the Irish Times costs).

juanpablo

Alive is truly a classic of the genre, from the yoof section to the star columnist...a Priest .The Irish National Party ran in my area in 1997, are they the party referred to above? their local guy was a softly spoken old school Catholic guy.

Odyessus

Alive is truly a classic of the genre, from the yoof section to the star columnist...a Priest .The Irish National Party ran in my area in 1997, are they the party referred to above? their local guy was a softly spoken old school Catholic guy.

Shock Horror! Priest writes for Catholic Newspaper! What were you expecting? A communist lesbian?

Upper Chamber

Curious as to what ever happened to Una Ni Bean Mathuna or however she spells it? She of the 'ye wife swapping sodomites' at the divorce ref count? I know her brood were in Youth Defence and suspect the more sensible ones kept her in the background.

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
There's a blog here purporting to be from a Christian Solidarity Party member, so it looks like They Haven't Gone Away You Know:

Party Soldier

"The parallels between our own day and 1916 are too obvious to need pointing out by me. Now, as then, Irish sovereignty is being restricted; now, as then, Catholics suffer discrimination and Catholic values are trampled underfoot. The northern part of our island is still under foreign rule, "

I didn't know that the CSP were ultra-Republican as well as ultra-Catholic....

EDIT:This entry is particularly hilarious - the author hears someone using the contraction "mayo" and laments the loss of old Catholic Ireland, where the Pope would get an audience of 1m people and everyone called the egg-based condiment by its proper name:

http://partysoldier.blogspot.com/2009/03/battrmaio.html

P.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies