Christmas FM

ShoutingIsLeadership

Since the end of November, I've been listening to Christmas FM. Largely instead of my regular diet of current affairs radio.

I've found my mood better and listening to the radio is more relaxing.

I'm possibly less informed as a result, but perhaps not.

Either way, I feel the better for it.

105.2, in the capital. Online, as well.

Anybody else feel similarly about 'regular' radio?

GDPR

Taxi drivers love it. At least they do in the part of Dublin where I am currently forced to hole up.

But I miss the Northern version, where they have preaching from the Drive In Baptist Chapel at Ballintoy, for example - "He is born to you sinners. Born, I tell you, you sinners dont know you are born. Sooner or later he will cut you down."

Next up, Boney-M.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Yep,.tapping my feet to BM...picturing David Brent at the Office Christmas party

Socratus O' Pericles

This Phoenix will rise from the ashes.

firefly123

All I know is some fella is coming to town with lists. So I assume that's some sort of census.
There's something about deers with nose infections and domestic abuse between two drunks in new York.

D

Deleted member 45466

I love the wireless, me. Don't see the point of current affairs programs though? The odd bit of news is ok.

I used to tune into music for middlebrow when I were at college. Loved it.

Listen to Blue of the Night these days. Also, the sacred music collection comes out of the box at this time of year.

I started listening to this at night:

[video=youtube;kH-kj6rkQWc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH-kj6rkQWc&t=6611s[/video]

ShoutingIsLeadership

All I know is some fella is coming to town with lists. So I assume that's some sort of census.
There's something about deers with nose infections and two drunks having a fight in new York.

The Newstalk Paul Williams version of Christmas

stopdoingstuff

I love the wireless, me. Don't see the point of current affairs programs though? The odd bit of news is ok.

I used to tune into music for middlebrow when I were at college. Loved it.

Listen to Blue of the Night these days. Also, the sacred music collection comes out of the box at this time of year.

I started listening to this at night:

[video=youtube;kH-kj6rkQWc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH-kj6rkQWc&t=6611s[/video]
That works for me. Here is another one I love.

[video=youtube;8oVTXSntnA0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oVTXSntnA0[/video]

stopdoingstuff

When it comes right down to it current affairs is not all that important and can confined to a weekly review. Long read articles are better anyway because most of the day to day details are not actionable. I have focused more on videos and reading as of late. I am way happier.

ShoutingIsLeadership

When it comes right down to it current affairs is not all that important and can confined to a weekly review. Long read articles are better anyway because most of the day to day details are not actionable. I have focused more on videos and reading as of late. I am way happier.

What sort of videos?

midlander12

The sooner it closes the better. Whatever frequency it broadcasts on, it interferes with my Ipod in the car (FM transmitter).

A few years ago I was on a shuttle bus at Dublin Airport around 4 am. The driver had Xmas FM on and played 'Grandma got run over by a reindeer' at earsplitting volume for the entire journey. I suspect I am not the only passenger scarred for life by the experience.

ShoutingIsLeadership

The sooner it closes the better. Whatever frequency it broadcasts on, it interferes with my Ipod in the car (FM transmitter).

A few years ago I was on a shuttle bus at Dublin Airport around 4 am. The driver had Xmas FM on and played 'Grandma got run over by a reindeer' at earsplitting volume for the entire journey. I suspect I am not the only passenger blessed for life by the experience.

Fixed that for you.

O

Oscurito

Unless I get a written affidavit that they won't play Fairytale of New York, then I'm out.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies