Christy Moore to play a few songs at tomorrow's march!

eoghanacht

Franzoni

Christy came down to our protest many years ago not far from Wood Quay..in Patrick St when they were widening the road and putting St Patricks in danger and displacing people with CPO's......i was only a kid at the time but i remember him there.....

Fair play to him turning up tomorrow..i think this protest will be a turning point and will be seen around the world.....

Mushroom

Christy has allways been a supporter of the Left. He done a few free gigs for Sinn Fein during the '80s I believe.

What had Sinn Fein in the 80's got to do with the left?

Franzoni

Oh come on - he's mediocre at best - a second rate Billy Bragg.

And it's funny - you haven't had a go at this poster for a crappy OP
Planxty were excellent.......and still are any time they get back together,so were Moving Hearts.....

Arracht

Yep - he's political rather than musical.
I'd say the same for Bill Bragg, excellent song writer but a singer?

I saw Christy Moore once (dragged along by an ex to a gig in Vicar St), what pissed me off most was that the bar shut when he was playing. Just because he's an alcoholic off the beer shouldn't stop me getting a pint!
Older workmates at the time told me of seeing him before he went off the drink and he wasn't opposed to downing booze himself during a gig then.

Franzoni

As were Horslips.

Plenty of good musicians.
Yeah but Christy was a huge part of both of these iconic groups and his influence on irish music as such,as well as a solo artist cannot be underestimated.....

dent

This is very welcome and fair dues to Christy for offering his services. However, what if someone's mobile phone starts ringing in mid-song ??? This could get nasty....

An Chuileog

I'd go to see Christy any day but I will not go to the march. I am as pissed off as anyone with this government but I think the march will give loonies like Eirigí an excuse to start trouble. Why cannot we export our loons with our loans?

Arracht

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies