Christy Moore to play a few songs at tomorrow's march!

eoghanacht

I'd go to see Christy any day but I will not go to the march. I am as pissed off as anyone with this government but I think the march will give loonies like Eirigí an excuse to start trouble. Why cannot we export our loons with our loans?
What An Chuileog means is that i'd rather sit at home whining about all the wrongs in the country and hope the march is highjacked by a violent minority then i will be vindicated for sitting on my arse.

Mushroom

Just heard an ad. on RTE radio for tickets for Christy's gigs in early January - tomorrow is a good promotional opportunity and will give him a good opportunity to loosen up the auld vocal chords before his epic concert in Shinrone Community Centre next week!

S

SeamusNapoleon

They were another bandwagon ....
Hahaha, man, I really did laugh when I saw this post :D

Sinn Féin in the 80s were a bandwagon???
Oh Ballabríce, you're something.

The most reviled group of people for the day; councillors getting spat on going into council chambers, the fallout from Enniskillen, Garda Clerkin, the Gardai killed in '81, Derrida Wood. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant [your post, not the context].

But, sure, if it suits Ballabríce to have Sinn Féin as some sort of *I smile* 'bandwagon' back in the eighties, all for the agenda :eek:

Planet

He's done with his shovel, hes an ordinary man.... nothing special nothing grand.

As for the naysayers, stay at home tomorrow .... your negativity will do nothing but eat you up. There are plenty of ordinary citizens who will be marching with no union or party afilliations while you check for updates on the web in your negative equity home. Sad and pathetic.

bobbysands81

Oh come on - he's mediocre at best - a second rate Billy Bragg.

And it's funny - you haven't had a go at this poster for a crappy OP
Christy wipes the floor with Billy Bragg but I doubt you'd be able to see that being a myopic unionist.

bobbysands81

He's done with his shovel, hes an ordinary man.... nothing special nothing grand.

As for the naysayers, stay at home tomorrow .... your negativity will do nothing but eat you up. There are plenty of ordinary citizens who will be marching with no union or party afilliations while you check for updates on the web in your negative equity home. Sad and pathetic.
Well said.

Tomorrow could be a tipping point for this country. The march might be organised by the Unions but it should not be seen as a Union march - it's a march for the people of Ireland to show their contempt for this Government and where they have led us.

Mushroom

Property? Negative equity?

I'll check the growth in the value of my Government Bond Fund this weekend, before decanting another bottle of vintage port.

Cruimh

Christy wipes the floor with Billy Bragg but I doubt you'd be able to see that being a myopic unionist.
LOL - a typical post from you - the reason you slabber over CM is because of his politics....

This myopic unionist while disagreeing with much of her political content thinks Sinead O'Connor is a class act - and she's light years ahead of Moore in terms of talent. Moore is a busker.

Cabbage/Turnip

I'd go to see Christy any day but I will not go to the march. I am as pissed off as anyone with this government but I think the march will give loonies like Eirigí an excuse to start trouble. Why cannot we export our loons with our loans?
The above is the same excuse given by most poeple for not attending a protest or march..... what march will you attend?

it is pretty safe to say that eirgi/SP will be at what ever one hou choose to go to... So using your logic you will never protest.

Irish people truly are terrified we have no backbone

bobbysands81

LOL - a typical post from you - the reason you slabber over CM is because of his politics....

This myopic unionist while disagreeing with much of her political content thinks Sinead O'Connor is a class act - and she's light years ahead of Moore in terms of talent. Moore is a busker.
Christy is a class entertainer... but I wouldn't expect you to be able to see that because of bigotry, it's ok though my friend, don't worry about it.

Fir Bolg

Its alright. Those that do have a backbone will be there.

Pity we couldn't export our spineless cowards instead.

"Ireland our country would be free long ago if her sons were all rebels like Henry Monroe"

Cavalier

Sinead O'Connor
:lol:

How you can compare a sensationalist with a little girl voice and no evidence of real songwriting talent (name one really good song she's written) with a pretty much universally acknowledged excellent singer and songwriter like Christy Moore? :lol: Ridiculous.

Just because you don't like him doesn't mean you're even remotely right. I can also tell by your post that you're not a musician, or you wouldn't make that assertion. Christy Moore, like him or hate him, is a fantastic musician.

Arracht

I think Moore is an excellent songwriter, wouldn't be too pushed on his ability as an entertainer though.

Sinead O'Connor has a wonderful singing voice but is an absolute nutjob. She'd give an aspirin a headache.

Franzoni

+100....there won't be trouble on this march and i'm bringing my daughter on it with me......this is going to be a turning point in the whole debate about the future of our country...,one that Rae and Lowry and some of the FF backbenchers on budget day won't forget....

Cruimh

:lol:

How you can compare a sensationalist with a little girl voice and no evidence of real songwriting talent (name one really good song she's written) with a pretty much universally acknowledged excellent singer and songwriter like Christy Moore? :lol: Ridiculous.

Just because you don't like him doesn't mean you're even remotely right. I can also tell by your post that you're not a musician, or you wouldn't make that assertion. Christy Moore, like him or hate him, is a fantastic musician.
Excellent singer ? I've heard better outside Kilburn tube station petunia

deepness

Moore is a busker.
Have seen lots of horse sh!t on this site but that tops it. I dont even really like his music but I can still see what a ridiculously misinformed statement that is.

He's an absolute Irish music legend.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies