Christy Moore to play a few songs at tomorrow's march!

Mushroom

Fr Jack Hackett

7 days after you make your first intelligent post ......
Well here you go : You have 7 days from today....

Is all you have 7 year old smart arse comments?
You strike me as a man too smart for the brains at his disposal.
But dont worry, yer mammy will allways love you.

Mushroom

Oh dear god no.... rage aginst the machine yeah,, christy moore?? Zzzzz

Keep it to yourself, but I've heard a whisper that Chris De Burgh and Bono may make surprise appearances on the podium.

Libero

I'd go to see Christy any day but I will not go to the march. I am as pissed off as anyone with this government but I think the march will give loonies like Eirigí an excuse to start trouble. Why cannot we export our loons with our loans?
That's like refusing to go to a concert because somewhere on the bill, there's a group of obnoxious teenagers who'll play bad RATM covers for 15 minutes.
They'll be annoying, but it's a pretty poor reason to miss the show altogether.

On the other hand, the gig clashes with Aston Villa v Arsenal.

Scipio

yep - he entertains your class, mindless rabble ....

He's NOT a class musician though ;)
Nonsense, Christy is one of Ireland's top musicians and has been for the last 30 years. His gigs are worth every cent.

And he's hardly jumping "on the bandwagon", this is what he said in "Goose Green/Taking Tea with Pinochet" a few years back:

Thatcher's work is still clearly to be seen on both sides of the Irish sea.

The greed and avarice that prevailed in the British economy during her reign
is still to be seen in the monstrous Celtic Tiger running riot around this island.

The cities are marked by a sky lined with cranes, while out in rural parts, many are demented by the grant culture.

It's like as if the illness that was rampant in the city of London has travelled like rabies in all directions.

'More, more more for me and f**k the sick and needy.'

A Time for Every Purpose

Christy came down to our protest many years ago not far from Wood Quay..in Patrick St when they were widening the road and putting St Patricks in danger and displacing people with CPO's......i was only a kid at the time but i remember him there.....

Fair play to him turning up tomorrow..i think this protest will be a turning point and will be seen around the world.....
Good for Christy.
And yes it is the culmination and turning point.
It is the 'coming of political age ' for the Irish,but is is also spiritual ,because
it raises conciousness.
Maybe looking back people will realise that if it had not been quite as
'terrible', they would have stayed muddling along in their Ignorant sleep,and
just slowly ,but surely ,lost all account of their history,culture, themselves.
Now there is The Awakening,and the concentration, needed, to recover
a real Ireland, with roots ,branches and all.

Billy Pilgrim

Sounds like a right motley crew turning up at this march tomorrow - unions, shinners, lefties, right wingers, culchies up for the day, nutjobs, sense of entitlementers, the mis and ill-informed, red top ragheads, candyfloss heads, Grafton St buskers, soapboxers, anarchists, whineliners, santa's elves etc etc

No doubt Sky News will amplify the cartoonish sight around the world..

Cavalier

Setting aside the CM thing - I hope it goes well and that there is no trouble.
...so you're saying you love Christy Moore!! Ah, I KNEW you were only pulling our legs. That's brilliant.

Fr Jack Hackett

Setting aside the CM thing - I hope it goes well and that there is no trouble.
+1 We need to put a lot of things aside tomorrow and all march as one.
I would LOVE if it was a totally silent protest. Not one word. Just march to the GPO and stand there in Silence. Alas it prob will not happen.

Tony Soprano

Is Christy a PAYE worker, or does enjoy that nonsensical special status thats accorded to artists?
If he is exempt from tax then he will have some cheek showing his face at that march tomorrow!!

eoghanacht

Sounds like a right motley crew turning up at this march tomorrow - unions, shinners, lefties, right wingers, culchies up for the day, nutjobs, sense of entitlementers, the mis and ill-informed, red top ragheads, candyfloss heads, Grafton St buskers, soapboxers, anarchists, whineliners, santa's elves etc etc

No doubt Sky News will amplify the cartoonish sight around the world..
and ordinary decent citizens.

Don't worry billy if your such a lazy phucker you can always sit on yer arse as your country goes down the toilet

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies