Christy Moore to play a few songs at tomorrow's march!

S

SeamusNapoleon

Sounds like a right motley crew turning up at this march tomorrow - unions, shinners, lefties, right wingers, culchies up for the day, nutjobs, sense of entitlementers, the mis and ill-informed, red top ragheads, candyfloss heads, Grafton St buskers, soapboxers, anarchists, whineliners, santa's elves etc etc

No doubt Sky News will amplify the cartoonish sight around the world..
Commonality: Irish citizens :rolleyes:

Astral Peaks

What is the weather like ?
I woke from a snooze to find an inch of snow lying.
I knew things were bad, Cowen, Lenihan etc, but now even the snow is lying?

Next it will be covering something up!!!!!

idle tim

+1 We need to put a lot of things aside tomorrow and all march as one.
I would LOVE if it was a totally silent protest. Not one word. Just march to the GPO and stand there in Silence. Alas it prob will not happen.
Are you Nora Owen,she is very much in favour of the Silent Protest,said so on TV3 lately,said it spooked her while she was attending a Garda conference,thing about it is Jack their are 2 forms of protest that will stop this govenment in their tracks,one is an insurgancy of the 1916 nature which nobody wants the other is an all out strike,across the board,private and public sectors downing tools and staying out until FF take the long overdue walk of shame out the gates of Dail Eireann and down to Mountjoy Jail where they belong,of course neither will happen and none of the peaceful protests over the next few weeks will make a blind bit of differance,the Status Quo will be maintained at all costs.

loner

Think Christy should stick to the lyrics--did think about going to the march and bringing my shovel but whats the point--there aint any work.

idle tim

yep - he entertains your class, mindless rabble ....

He's NOT a class musician though ;)[/QUOT

Christy Moore has been at the forefront of Irish Traditional and Folk scene since the 60s and is rightly feated as one of the greatest entertainers of his time,he has torn up the record books when it comes to filling out locations the lenght and breadth of this Country and further afield,he has worked with and is highly respected by some of the Worlds most high profile performers in the entertainment Industry,he has worked tirelessly in an effort to give a voice to many who are marginalised,discriminated against, and have been the victims of gross injustices both here in Ireland and abroad,but you let the fact that he is a Republican cloud your judgement of him,well i doubt too many on here will be too bothered what you think, Christys Moores genius will live long in the annals of this Nation.

captainwillard

Christy Moore is the ultimate bandwagon man. He may use the economic crisis to resurrect his dead career.

Cruimh

Christy Moore has been at the forefront of Irish Traditional and Folk scene since the 60s and is rightly feated as one of the greatest entertainers of his time,he has torn up the record books when it comes to filling out locations the lenght and breadth of this Country .
Jedward, Westlife and Daniel O'Donnell have all filled halls ;)

captainwillard

Christy is fairly secondrate. Sure he struck a chord in the 80s when life was dreary and he sat on stage, drinking, farting and reciting stage Irish crap with that guitar of his.

Thankfully we moved on from this maudlin nonsense. It looks like he wants back though.

Berliner

Christy Moore is great! The next time he is in Germany I will be at his concert.

captainwillard

Christy Moore is great! The next time he is in Germany I will be at his concert.
Sure you will as indeed will all the maudlin emigrants. When I lived in South Africa I went to a Joe Dolan concert. I would never have gone to see him at home.

Emigration sucks and Christy has an electric current into that part of the emigrant psyche. But boy, is he dull.

cricket

Great story in John Lonergan's bio of Christy singing in Mountjoy and going to one cell of a guy too dangerous to attend concert, and singing a few songs at the doorway specially for him. Looking forward to seeing him tomorrow.

captainwillard

Great story in John Lonergan's bio of Christy singing in Mountjoy and going to one cell of a guy too dangerous to attend concert, and singing a few songs at the doorway specially for him. Looking forward to seeing him tomorrow.
Yeah.. typical pinko, bandwagon, Johnny Cash lookalike, anti establishment Christy. I can see you are a real fan.

Blarneystone

can anyone tell what this march will achieve

the country is broke-bust-cant pay its bills-and our banks are out of business-useless to us all.

so what exactly will this march achieve

the people and this country need real solutions

Super ted

can anyone tell what this march will achieve

the country is broke-bust-cant pay its bills-and our banks are out of business-useless to us all.

so what exactly will this march achieve

the people and this country need real solutions
A general election

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies