Christy Moore to play a few songs at tomorrow's march!

TommyO'Brien

The crowd better be on their best behaviour. Christy is a bit of a prima donna when he is having a bad day. He stormed off the stage in UCD in Theatre L at a gig I was at when the crowd began to sing along with one song!:mad: He only came back when everyone promised to sit in dead silence!:( So if is the time of the month with him he'll snap at the crowd if they don't show him the respect he thinks he deserves, even when the crowd haven't a clue what they have done wrong.

We all let the gig viewing him as a pr*ck. He has done the same stunt on other occasions when he is being moody.

An Chuileog

What An Chuileog means is that i'd rather sit at home whining about all the wrongs in the country and hope the march is highjacked by a violent minority then i will be vindicated for sitting on my arse.
No. What it says is that I have no intention of being associated with lunatics. I do not whinge, I act in the most effective way. Shouting your arse off and throwing fire extinguishers is futile. Cop on in in short supply round these parts.

An Chuileog

Its alright. Those that do have a backbone will be there.

Pity we couldn't export our spineless cowards instead.

"Ireland our country would be free long ago if her sons were all rebels like Henry Monroe"
Is it spineless to act sensible and bring about change in the most effective way? Will vandalism change anything? Once upon a time we had the flight of the Wild Geese not it is time for flight of the Morons. Leave the sensible people here.

An Chuileog

The above is the same excuse given by most poeple for not attending a protest or march..... what march will you attend?

it is pretty safe to say that eirgi/SP will be at what ever one hou choose to go to... So using your logic you will never protest.

Irish people truly are terrified we have no backbone
In all fairness that's bollocks. You choose to attend an event that will be used by the media to portray the nation in a bad light. There are smarter ways of making your voice heard and instigating change.

Cruimh

Christy Moore has been at the forefront of Irish Traditional and Folk scene since the 60s and is rightly feated as one of the greatest entertainers of his time,he has torn up the record books when it comes to filling out locations the lenght and breadth of this Country and further afield,he has worked with and is highly respected by some of the Worlds most high profile performers in the entertainment Industry,he has worked tirelessly in an effort to give a voice to many who are marginalised,discriminated against, and have been the victims of gross injustices both here in Ireland and abroad,but you let the fact that he is a Republican cloud your judgement of him,well i doubt too many on here will be too bothered what you think, Christys Moores genius will live long in the annals of this Nation.
This is proper music. Might not agree with the dedication - but the music is fantastic. Saw them live when pussy was a kitten.

YouTube - Sliabh na mBan, in memory of Karen Andersen

jimwin

The march won't make a jot of difference to the rate of repayments
The march won't make a jot of difference to the budget
The march won't make a jot of difference to the salaries of the Union leaders
The march won't make a jot of difference to the people in serious debt
The march won't make a jot of difference to the bondholders
The march won't make a jot of difference to the political elites
Etc, etc, etc

The march will make people think they are influencing any of the above

Enjoy the day out - but remember to vote come election time

Last edited:

joenitka

The march won't make a jot of difference to the rate of repayments
The march won't make a jot of difference to the budget
The march won't make a jot of difference to the salaries of the Union leaders
The march won't make a jot of difference to the people in serious debt
The march won't make a jot of difference to the bondholders
The march won't make a jot of difference to the political elites
Etc, etc, etc

The march will make people think they are influencing any of the above

Enjoy the day out - but remember to vote come election time
How defeatist... Of course people power in this form can make a change... It has happened on countless occasions in different coutries throughout history... (For example Poland, venezuela India, UK, US etc).
What you are outlining above is what the government are outlining in there 4 yr plan... Of course we can say no..

joenitka

Well the aim of the protest is to put pressure for a change of government.. an election. But if we can't force a change and an election the current government can put this plan into action without a say from the people or the other parties. If so we are rightly screwed...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies