Church of Scotland drafts laws to permit same-sex marriage

death or glory

Good OP,
The Presbyterian church in Ireland will break away, I predict.

GDPR

Good OP,
The Presbyterian church in Ireland will break away, I predict.
You think it will leave the World Communion of Reformed Churches? Do you think it might join the International Conference of Reformed Churches? There was talk about a North/South split in the Church of Ireland.

GDPR

Maybe most of it should split away and a small bit should stay.
Just for old times sake like
There are good in the Presbyterian Church in Ireland who are really about Christ- they distorted understandings about how to go about that seriousness, but they have a real seriousness none the less. They aren't going to bow to pressure from the world- as the Bible teaches "Let God be true, and every man a liar".

Emily Davison

By a two-to-one margin, the General Assembly of Scottish Presbyterianism has voted to draft laws permitting ministers to officiate at same-sex weddings. Of course, many NI Unionists would be Presbyterians, so the drift towards liberalism in the sister church should give pause for thought.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/may/19/church-of-scotland-same-sex-marriage-draft-laws
Wow. How Christian of them. About time. And two to one as well. My my, the world is progressing rapidly since SSM.

Instead of a drift toward liberalism I'd call it a drift towards Christian values. Those of Christ rather than those of Churches, to put it more bluntly.

Dame_Enda

Makes sense when you consider their predestination doctrine. In pre-destination, salvation or going to hell is already decided before you are born, which sortof means how you live doesnt affect that.

firefly123

There are good in the Presbyterian Church in Ireland who are really about Christ- they distorted understandings about how to go about that seriousness, but they have a real seriousness none the less. They aren't going to bow to pressure from the world- as the Bible teaches "Let God be true, and every man a liar".
Pressure from the world?
You know it's all a cod right?
The bible and all that was "written" by aul lads back in the distant past as a means to control people and explain unexplainable things like lightening and death. It then got converted in to a rule book and was used by other aul lads to justify killing and murdering people enmasse because they were unbelievers or worse, believers who had a slightly different view.

If you believe in an almighty deity with all knowing power do you ever wonder why she was so active about 2 or 3 thousands years ago and has stood back since ?

Let me guess it's a test etc.

ORGANISED RELIGION IS A SCAM!
A MONEY MAKING! CONTROLLING! SCAM!

Do you think God cares how we follow her? Is she that sensitive and vindictive.

The bible could be seven words long

Don't be a cùnt.
The end.

GDPR

Wow. How Christian of them. About time. And two to one as well. My my, the world is progressing rapidly since SSM.

Instead of a drift toward liberalism I'd call it a drift towards Christian values. Those of Christ rather than those of Churches, to put it more bluntly.
How is it Christian of them? The Christian ideal is virginity- for everyone. Have you ever read the Gospels Emily? The drift towards "Liberalism" and having fought with Priests against my will since I have been in Southern Ireland when I never fought with Clergy in Ulster or in England is actually about those of human organization triumphing over those of Christ. People desperate to fit in at all costs- people desperate to fit in at all costs are doomed to the hellfire- "How can you believe, who receive glory one from another: and the glory which is from God alone, you do not seek?" John 5:44. Human respect is one of the worst sins you can commit.

Dame_Enda

How is it Christian of them? The Christian ideal is virginity- for everyone. Have you ever read the Gospels Emily? The drift towards "Liberalism" and having fought with Priests against my will since I have been in Southern Ireland when I never fought with Clergy in Ulster or in England is actually about those of human organization triumphing over those of Christ. People desperate to fit in at all costs- people desperate to fit in at all costs are doomed to the hellfire- "How can you believe, who receive glory one from another: and the glory which is from God alone, you do not seek?" John 5:44. Human respect is one of the worst sins you can commit.
What about "go forth and multiply"?

Emily Davison

Do you ever have any fun Ratio? Do you ever have amazing sex for example?

Goa Tse

Glad to here this.

Will p1ss off the DUPes in NI as well as all the usual gobtards on here too.

GDPR

Do you ever have any fun Ratio? Do you ever have amazing sex for example?
Emily you stated here that you couldn't tell your kids about sex, you were to ashamed to, that suggests a disconnect which would prevent you actually enjoying amazing sex- the thing that sex is sex, and there are things you lock yourself away from that are much more fulfilling than the most amazing sex imaginable. There are things much greater than fun. Let me return this question- how much have you gone out of your way to sacrifice yourself for others for no obvious reward? You don't have to answer that and I would if you didn't and just think about it. An Nun went out of her way to be kind to you as you have said her and you rewarded her by making selfish impulses as why she did that- "she never had a child so she saw me as a sort of daughter" or something. You ask me do I ever have fun? Of course I do. Do you ever try to think things through to their ultimate end? Do you never find yourself amazed at the fact that there is something as opposed to nothing and that the very marvel of their being something means that this isn't just about "fun"?

Morgellons

Pressure from the world?
You know it's all a cod right?
The bible and all that was "written" by aul lads back in the distant past as a means to control people and explain unexplainable things like lightening and death. It then got converted in to a rule book and was used by other aul lads to justify killing and murdering people enmasse because they were unbelievers or worse, believers who had a slightly different view.

If you believe in an almighty deity with all knowing power do you ever wonder why she was so active about 2 or 3 thousands years ago and has stood back since ?

Let me guess it's a test etc.

ORGANISED RELIGION IS A SCAM!
A MONEY MAKING! CONTROLLING! SCAM!

Do you think God cares how we follow her? Is she that sensitive and vindictive.

The bible could be seven words long

Don't be a cùnt.
The end.
That's six words...

Emily Davison

Emily you stated here that you couldn't tell your kids about sex, you were to ashamed to, that suggests a disconnect which would prevent you actually enjoying amazing sex- the thing that sex is sex, and there are things you lock yourself away from that are much more fulfilling than the most amazing sex imaginable. There are things much greater than fun. Let me return this question- how much have you gone out of your way to sacrifice yourself for others for no obvious reward? You don't have to answer that and I would if you didn't and just think about it. An Nun went out of her way to be kind to you as you have said her and you rewarded her by making selfish impulses as why she did that- "she never had a child so she saw me as a sort of daughter" or something. You ask me do I ever have fun? Of course I do. Do you ever try to think things through to their ultimate end? Do you never find yourself amazed at the fact that there is something as opposed to nothing and that the very marvel of their being something means that this isn't just about "fun"?
Don't be ridiculous Ratio Sex is not just Sex. But if you find locking yourself away from that is fun than fair play to you. But how does your husband cope with that? What about what he wants. Or is he a nun?

When is the last time you had the most amazing sex imaginable?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies