Church tomorrow as normal? Will / should anything be said from the pulpits? Or more?

robut

So 65% approx of people voted YES to repeal the 8th / allow abortion. 65% approx turnout. Many of them Roman Catholics, regular church goers and ala carte variety also.

This from what I hear goes against the teachings and beliefs of the Roman Catholic Church?

SO - why would people, politicians who voted YES be going to church tomorrow? Hypocrisy?

For once and for all why arent people just true to themselves and stop going to church? Many want religion and church out of there daily lives any way. I dont understand it ..

In fact should the RC Church just grow a pair at this stage and lay down the laws of the club. Dont like it, then LEAVE. They probably would be doing many people a favour instead of them perpetually living this lie and pretense?

Could this start tomorrow from the pulpit? Or will everyone .. Church and People carry on with the pretense and hypocrisy?

So there .. discuss & debate :D

Last edited:

ShoutingIsLeadership

Well, if they kept going after the revelations about the same Church facilitating child rape, the same Church might best turn the other cheek.

robut

Well, if they kept going after the revelations about the same Church facilitating child rape, the same Church might best turn the other cheek.
I am talking about the Roman Catholic Church here in a bigger sense as opposed to the people running it .. as a belief system, a faith ..

SweenyTodd

I'm not a mass goer. But I feel the RCC were very cowardly on this issue... Vote yes or no but kinda prefer if you vote no.

Strange that people are now freely admitting that abortion will be up to birth. I tried to point this out last week and was told it wasn't the case. But I'm paranoid.

Gin Soaked

Oh for God's sake.

Unless you are wearing a REPEAL sweater I think they'll say nowt. Like they do over contraception and couples "living in sin".

PeacefulViking

By not taking a hard line they can keep getting a chance to indoctrinate Irish children. They may have lost at the moment, but if the bishops take the long view, they will prefer their church to have a culturally important role, which makes it more likely that they can reimpose their views later.

robut

Oh for God's sake.

Unless you are wearing a REPEAL sweater I think they'll say nowt. Like they do over contraception and couples "living in sin".
How long can the RC church keep that silence up? If the congregation are making up there own rules and disrespecting the Church/belief they purport to be a part of then the RC church has lost the room so to speak? When will they stand up to this?

Last edited:

storybud1

So 65% approx of people voted YES to repeal the 8th / allow abortion. 65% approx turnout. Many of them Roman Catholics, regular church goers and ala carte variety also.

This from what I hear goes against the teachings and beliefs of the Roman Catholic Church?

SO - why would people, politicians who voted YES be going to church tomorrow? Hypocrisy?

For once and for all why arent people just true to themselves and stop going to church? Many want religion and church out of there daily lives any way. I dont understand it ..

In fact should the RC Church just grow a pair at this stage and lay down the laws of the club. Dont like it, then LEAVE. They probably would be doing many people a favour instead of them perpetually living this lie and pretense?

Could this start tomorrow from the pulpit? Or will everyone .. Church and People carry on with the pretense and hypocrisy?

So there .. discuss & debate :D
The greatest business model in 1700 years is already not giving a sh1t about a tiny Island in the Atlantic,

The radical left fascists who kill our young have won, it is over, small Churches will be once a month service soon, the Tsunami of Priests they recruited in the 50s and 60s is retiring, politics means nothing anymore since all the policies of the left, SSM/Abortion/End of the CC/ etc are factually here , there is no difference anymore with the puppets we call political parties, they are just brands without a cause , much like the rest, there is nothing left to rebel ! against ?

The Party politics in the future is of who can be offended the most (like the charity scammers) is the game, the is no selling point anymore, we have been federalized, served up on a plate to our EU masters, no independent thought will be allowed or Brexit type scenario ,

Welcome to Bland Land,,

Comrade,

robut

By not taking a hard line they can keep getting a chance to indoctrinate Irish children. They may have lost at the moment, but if the bishops take the long view, they will prefer their church to have a culturally important role, which makes it more likely that they can reimpose their views later.
But as I said in the OP I could also argue with an opposite. The Church doesnt take a hard line .. are they doing a dis-service to there own faith? Every body pretending? Both the Church and the faux believers?

SweenyTodd

But as I said in the OP I could also argue with an opposite. The Church doesnt take a hard line .. are they doing a dis-service to there own faith? Every body pretending? Both the Church and the faux believers?
Catholic priests and religious are probably all to aware how little influence they have.

robut

Coveney apparently is a devout mass goer in Carrigaline with his whole family every Sunday. So is Michael Martin I think .. and many other politicians around the country. The day is gone that they HAVE TO show there face for local political reasons. Why show up tomorrow?

Lonewolfe

Coveney apparently is a devout mass goer in Carrigaline with his whole family every Sunday. So is Michael Martin I think .. and many other politicians around the country. The day is gone that they HAVE TO show there face for local political reasons. Why show up tomorrow?
Because it's part of their faith?

robut

Catholic priests and religious are probably all to aware how little influence they have.
Yeah but why keep up the pretense? Why stand up in front of a load of people who have no respect for there teachings any more? Whats their to gain? All thats happening is everyone is fooling themselves and not being true to them selves either ..

D

Deleted member 51920

Most Priests are very gracious by nature and training
They wont drum it in like looney lefties

Dame_Enda

Only around one third to 40% attend Church regularly and there is evidence from Skydata polling earlier in the weak that at least 59% of self-described "Catholics" were no voters.

robut

Because it's part of their faith?
What faith would that be? There political party faith?

If it were religious faith in a Church they purport to be part of, yet break that faiths rules. Why turn up, why be hypocrites?

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies