Church tomorrow as normal? Will / should anything be said from the pulpits? Or more?

GDPR

Purgatory remains a central part of rcc teaching.

Heaven is life eternal with God the source of all happiness .

Hell is life eternal with Satan the source of all unhappiness and misery.

Only God and the RCC know for certain where anybody has actually ended up.

Catholic prophesy and Marian apparitions are consistent on the point about many people ending up in Hell.
It is quite frightening .

(Cue the Lumpy Talbot)
Shall we have a round of golf in purgatory what ya reckon?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

The Nal

gerhard dengler

Where is hell? And where is your heaven? I won't ask about purgatory as the church gave that one up. Overcrowding, I think.
The existence of Purgatory is finite.

Souls in Purgatory will eventually be admitted to Heaven, after the souls there have had their sins purged.
Once all souls have been purged, Purgatory ceases to exist.

Heaven is eternal. Hell is eternal.

The Nal

The existence of Purgatory is finite.

Souls in Purgatory will eventually be admitted to Heaven, after the souls there have had their sins purged.
Once all souls have been purged, Purgatory ceases to exist.

Heaven is eternal. Hell is eternal.
Thats not what I was thought. One or the other I was told.

I find this all very confusing. Ill leave it alone unless God tells me different.

Old Mr Grouser

So 65% approx of people voted YES to repeal the 8th / allow abortion. 65% approx turnout. Many of them Roman Catholics, regular church goers and ala carte variety also.

This from what I hear goes against the teachings and beliefs of the Roman Catholic Church? ...
Forget the the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.

Abortion is an abomination in the sight of God, and Ireland must now be ready to suffer the Wrath of God. As a man sows so shall he reap.

But its the depravity of the RCC that has contributed to people voting as they did.

Cleary had his first child adopted, and Casey had wanted his child to be similarly given away

gerhard dengler

Forget the the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.

Abortion is an abomination in the sight of God, and Ireland must now be ready to suffer the Wrath of God. As a man sows so shall he reap.

But its the depravity of the RCC that has contributed to people voting as they did.

Cleary had his first child adopted, and Casey had wanted his child to be similarly given away
Men with flaws. Both of whom should have had the humility to face up to their behaviour and to accept that their behaviour was intolerable.

Human beings are weak.

Couldn't agree with you more about abortion.

Old Mr Grouser

Men with flaws.

Both of whom should have had the humility to face up to their behaviour and to accept that their behaviour was intolerable.

Human beings are weak ...
Yes. But what about all those other men in authority - in Ireland, in Rome, in London - who let them get away with it.

For example those clerics who stood by and said nothing in 1969 as Casey became a bishop?

We're all flawed, but those men were plain wicked.

The wickedness of the Roman hierarchy had to have been very deep and very wide.

robut

Yes. But what about all those other men in authority - in Ireland, in Rome, in London - who let them get away with it.

For example those clerics who stood by and said nothing in 1969 as Casey became a bishop?

We're all flawed, but those men were plain wicked.

The wickedness of the Roman hierarchy had to have been very deep and very wide.
And how about all those men mainly in the STATE and GOVERNMENT who left all this go on down the many years. Turned a blind eye etc?

It took two to tango .. The state divested itself of much mid last century .. over to the church. Then not alone divested responsibility but also took no further responsibility to oversee what they passed over to the church. Turned a complete blind eye.

In my eyes the state is just as much to blame as the church. BUT it seems many with the medias ear seem to have it in for the church and never aportion any of this blame squarely and/or equally to the state.

Even to this day .. It happened elsewhere when 08 came along and the crash. Fianna Fail got the total blame for the crash. However we have a political system which has AN OPPOSITION. Fine Gael etc throughout the boom never really opposed, instead stood on the sidelines shouting give us more, cheerleading the whole thing.

I am no fan of either parties nor a mad church finatic or attender, but lets apportion blame properly for once.

Old Mr Grouser

And how about all those men mainly in the STATE and GOVERNMENT who left all this go on down the many years. Turned a blind eye etc?

It took two to tango .. The state divested itself of much mid last century .. over to the church. Then not alone divested responsibility but also took no further responsibility to oversee what they passed over to the church. Turned a complete blind eye.

In my eyes the state is just as much to blame as the church. BUT it seems many with the medias ear seem to have it in for the church and never aportion any of this blame squarely and/or equally to the state.

Even to this day .. It happened elsewhere when 08 came along and the crash. Fianna Fail got the total blame for the crash. However we have a political system which has AN OPPOSITION. Fine Gael etc throughout the boom never really opposed, instead stood on the sidelines shouting give us more, cheerleading the whole thing.

I am no fan of either parties nor a mad church finatic or attender, but lets apportion blame properly for once
Yes, Robut. You're absolutely right.

It's likely Ireland is as bad as the UK.

When I was working I was told several times, both by colleagues and members of the public, that the UK was more corrupt than the countries of Africa, Asia and the Middle East.

But I do think that the hypocrisy of 'religious' people is particularly dangerous in the way that it can corrupt a culture.

Did you hear of the Wichita BTK killer?

He was a sadistic Serial Killer; and when apprehended he turned out to be a prominent member of his local church.

So four points -

1. The problems certainly aren't confined to the RCC. The BTK Killer was a Protestant.

2. Churchgoing by itself means nothing.

3. It's always the nice ones that you most need to watch.

4. In my experience, the laity in the leadership roles are often more of a risk than the clergy.

GDPR

EID MUBARAK

Wish you all love, peace and respect.

For any Catholics that are lost in their faith, why not visit the Clonskeagh Mosque this weekend to find out more about Islam or to take part in an inter-faith prayer for peace.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies