• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Cian O'Connor loses Gold Medal

CJH

Sad that he cheated or that he was caught?

Another Irish sporting fraud. Makes me so proud.

Trojanhorse

Sad day for sport....................

eurocrat

Time for O'Connor to get down from his high horse...

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Trojanhorse said:
Sorry Trojan, can't agree here, its not a sad day, if he cheated he cheated. Just because he was representing Ireland, we can't exonerate him from the fact that he cheated. Can you imagine the furore that wiould go on in Ireland if it happened that he came second, (or fourth) and one of the other medal winners had cheated.

Tough luck to him, but he cheated.

GusherING

jjcarroll said:
Trojanhorse said:
Actually, when ever I hear of a cheat being caught, I think of it as a great day for sport. The best thing for atheltics and US sports in the past decade was the Balco scandal, as it shows that more and more cheats are being caught out.
Not really, the drugs have to be one step ahead of the authorities. How else could they know if they exist or not? And Balco was sheer fluke, an annonymous tip-off, gave that game away. More cheats are being caught but thats cos more people cheat, I reckon.

Nils

JimLarkin said:
Reminds me off a joke what do eric de bruin and cian o`conner have in common?.................................They both rode cheats.
:D I like it!

I'm just wondering are the Irish cheats or are we really bad cheats who get caught. Or unlucky cheats maybe, if there is such a thing?

sideorder

It is a sad day for the horde industry in Ireland but if ye had all listened closely to the report they said he was found guilty but they belive that the doping was not intentional. Also there is a strong rumour going around that it was deliberately done by another competitor in order for Cian to be brought down.

Nils

sideorder said:
It is a sad day for the horde industry in Ireland but if ye had all listened closely to the report they said he was found guilty but they belive that the doping was not intentional. Also there is a strong rumour going around that it was deliberately done by another competitor in order for Cian to be brought down.
Are you Tony O'Reilly?

sideorder

no just someone who listens a liitle bit closer than the rest of ye and doesnt point the finger too quickly

Hibernophile

sideorder said:
no just someone who listens a liitle bit closer than the rest of ye and doesnt point the finger too quickly
Closer to what? The horse's mouth? If so, please assume the stance once more and ask him/her ie the horse with horse sense, on who's behalf was the horse doped?

There is no point in being an idiot unless you show it every so often, and Cian O'Connor has done so in spades. As part of an elite clique that the showjumping set are - its always nice to see the slimy smile wiped of his cheating visage, along with GodDad Count Tony Wee. Nice also to see that deep pockets can't win every war, especially one of credibility.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Plus it makes shag all difference to the horse industry in Ireland, because the horse was actually German bred, as most of Irelands best showjumping horses are.

and as for them finding it wasn't intentionally done, whats that all about. Did the horse open the bottle of tranquilisers and shoot up himself. Give us a break. Bet you won't see the Sindo attacking this story, or if you do within 3 weeks it will have been SF/IRA who doped the horse, with their expertise in horse handling (Shergar) coming in helpful.

popper

Now there should be an investigation into the breakins at the National Equstrian centre and the laborotary that held the samples. They can only have been designed to muddy the waters and save O'Connor from being discovered. When one adds to that the fact that the O'Reilly press were the ones pushing the line that the breakins were some sinister effort to smear the great one's cheating godson, the whole thing starts to smell very badly indeed.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies