Cian O'Connor loses Gold Medal

Analyzer

RyeSixSeven

Reminder: The subject of this thread is Cian O'Connor. It is a sudden resurrection at 3am today of a 2005 discussion when he was stripped of his gold medal. A few weeks ago he was controversially selected for the 2012 Olympics.

Knapaghbeg

Reminder: The subject of this thread is Cian O'Connor. It is a sudden resurrection at 3am today of a 2005 discussion when he was stripped of his gold medal. A few weeks ago he was controversially selected for the 2012 Olympics.
How many show jumpers have ridden a horse that at some time showed traces of illicit substances at excess levels?

Analyzer

How many show jumpers have ridden a horse that at some time showed traces of illicit substances at excess levels?
Well, you gotta love the way that cheats in this country get on the media and try to brazen it out.

Never mind this supposed obsession with guilt in this country, these people are never guilty of anything even when caught.

We are modern Irish, we don't "do" guilt.....
or shame

or even self respect.

We do "do" hard neck statements and brazeness, however.

It is not Cian O'Connor's fault. It is the horse's fault.

[ on the basis of this argument, maybe Meehaul should ask Cian O'Connor and Michelle Smith to run for FFinished....just like Meehaul himself was in cabinet for years, but never did inhale Ahernism]

Analyzer

She should have called it a day after Atlanta and gone into Politics
I doubt if even Smith was brazen enough for Irish politics.

Though wearing the green jersey would definitely have tapped a certain constituency's inner idiot, and would have got her elected.

Then she could negotiate politics, in a Worzel-like manner after that....

Eoin Coir

Good to see O Connor back winning something. It was tough on him to lose the gold medal, and a sample mysteriously went missing from a laboratory in the UK. Some funny carry on. Was he somewhat connected to Mr. Heinz Beinz ?

4horsemen

Good to see O Connor back winning something. It was tough on him to lose the gold medal, and a sample mysteriously went missing from a laboratory in the UK. Some funny carry on. Was he somewhat connected to Mr. Heinz Beinz ?

I too am delighted for Cian and I hope that darn horse of his has not been up to any low down tricks. I'm sure after earlier Irish experiences they are keeping a close eye on what their horses are putting into their grain and geting from dodgy nags around the back of the stables.

Eoin Coir

Vincent Browne used in his old contrarion manner jest as to how O Connor was stripped of his medal for something the horse had drank !

Last edited:

Boy M5

I just turned the radio off. He, little sister Pippa are getting loike interviewed okaayy by Miriam O'Callaghan.

Boy M5

he's Lord Sir O'Reilly's godson.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom