CIRA involvment in the Omagh bomb?

Slartibuckfast

Website
www.5wwwww5.com
On the UTV teletext today it carries a report about Derry flat-earther Gary Donnelly calling for unity between the RIRA and the CIRA, and at the end of the report it claims that the groups have co-operated before, "most notoriously in the 1998 bombing of Omagh". I don't remember ever hearing this before. Can anyone shed any light on it? Cheers.

Slartibuckfast

Website
www.5wwwww5.com
Although that's not saying much coming from you. You only heard the Earth went round the Sun yesterday.

Yung Rep

Slartibuckfast said:
On the UTV teletext today it carries a report about Derry flat-earther Gary Donnelly calling for unity between the RIRA and the CIRA, and at the end of the report it claims that the groups have co-operated before, "most notoriously in the 1998 bombing of Omagh". I don't remember ever hearing this before. Can anyone shed any light on it? Cheers.
these allegations were made by David Rupert, an FBI and MI5 agent during the trial of Michael McKevitt

diy01

I remember hearing something about it. CIRA picked the bomb location. RIRA did the rest.

That's merely rumour though.

Bogwarrior

Slartibuckfast said:
Maybe you'd get a better response to your query if you didn't refer to people as flat earthers.
I'd also call for unity amongst Republicans.
At the trial of Michael Mc Kevitt, it was alleged that the RIRA made the bomb and passed it to CIRA activists.
It was also alleged the RIRA made the bomb which the INLA exploded in Newtownhamilton.
At the time those in the RIRA had just left the Provos and were possibly looking to poach members from other groups.
At the trial of Colm Murphy it was alleged he was Chief of Staff of the CIRA prior to the Omagh bomb and a leading member of RSF at the time.(It should be pointed out he was later acquitted)
One of those named in the Civil Case taken by the families is currently serving time for CIRA activities and CIRA membership.

Slartibuckfast

Website
www.5wwwww5.com
Bogwarrior said:
Maybe you'd get a better response to your query if you didn't refer to people as flat earthers.
:lol:

You people really should learn to get a sense of humour about yourselves. Because if you do, by god you'll laugh. Oh how you'll laugh. Maybe nearly as much as the rest of us do at youse.

Bogwarrior

Slartibuckfast said:
Bogwarrior said:

You people really should learn to get a sense of humour about yourselves. Because if you, by god you'll laugh. Oh how you'll laugh. Maybe nearly as much as the rest of us do at youse.
There will be no humour in the new Republic! You and your ilk will be forced to wipe the grin from your face using my soiled Y-fronts. He who laughs last etc etc.

bogtrotter

Slartibuckfast said:
Bogwarrior said:

You people really should learn to get a sense of humour about yourselves. Because if you do, by god you'll laugh. Oh how you'll laugh. Maybe nearly as much as the rest of us do at youse.

As a person who supports neither of the organisations you mention and has no axe to grind, I find it hard to understand what you are laughing at...You have a weird sence of humour if the Omagh bombings and the people involved in them make you want to laugh.

st333ve

The CIRA,considering their next move last night.

merle haggard

Slartibuckfast said:
On the UTV teletext today it carries a report about Derry flat-earther Gary Donnelly quote]

the flat earther that is being tried for occupying the Raytheon factory when its products made in this country were massacring Lebanese civilians . The Raytheon death and maiming factory awarded to Derry in thanks for the peace process ? Personally Id rather be a flat earther than a scorched earther .

Thats just had his arm broke in 3 places by the British police force he reckons are a shower of bad tramps . And just had previous trumped up charges of assaulting these tramps dismissed when witnesses came forward and CCTV evidence proved the enlightened force he refuses to give allegiance to were beating the life out of him and his partner in the middle of derry during their christmas shopping in 2006 .

Maybe youd better stick to the carry outs and the willie frazer jokes .

Aindriu

Silvio Dante said:
Apparently it was MI5's fault the people lost their lives. Nothing to do with the bomd itself or the brave volunteers who planted it in a bustling town centre...

Christ almighty these knuckle dragging thugs and their cheerleaders really p1ss me off with their twisted rhetoric...
Yeah sure I heard that MI5 actually planted the feckin thing as well! :roll:

Silvio Dante

Aindriu said:
Silvio Dante said:
Apparently it was MI5's fault the people lost their lives. Nothing to do with the bomd itself or the brave volunteers who planted it in a bustling town centre...

Christ almighty these knuckle dragging thugs and their cheerleaders really p1ss me off with their twisted rhetoric...
Yeah sure I heard that MI5 actually planted the feckin thing as well! :roll:
It wouldn't surprise me if Bernadette and Tom were MI5 puppets anyway. All this talk about continuing the armed struggle against British occupation and they never follow through on their words... BS artistry at its finest...

Silvio Dante

Got it in one dude. If death dealers such as can continue to run their drug empires from their prison cells then surely a 'great Irish Patriot' like Michael should be able to at least be a figure head for the volunteers as they go about their 'military operations'.

Or is it that they're so reliant on him that there's no one to take over his role on the outside. A oneman band so to speak...?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies