• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Citizen wins libel claim against sf/ira at Belfast High Court.

Ex celt

Today a jury of citizens held that sf/ira had libelled another citizen in press releases.Conor Murphy's evidence was clearly not accepted.This is twice in 6 months.Will he resign? Will he ************************?
Where will sf/ira find the money from to pay the damages and costs? Will they be forced to dig into their Northern Bank Bond?-u.tv

Last edited:

between the bridges

my own personal experiences is that when one is trying to whip tea eggs into a frenzy it is best to provide some links to ensure a proper amount of teeth gnashing mopery...

Ex celt

my own personal experiences is that when one is trying to whip tea eggs into a frenzy it is best to provide some links to ensure a proper amount of teeth gnashing mopery...
What about "I saw it on the UTV news 20 minutes ago"? Also on u.tv website.

between the bridges

A jury has found that Sinn Fein libelled a former director of NI Water.

Declan Gormley sued the party over the contents of two press releases it issued in 2011 in support of his sacking from the NIW Board.

The party denied the press releases were defamatory, but the jury found the party had acted with malice.

There will be another hearing at the High Court on Monday when damages will be decided.

The businessman, who was dismissed from the government-owned company by former Sinn Fein Regional Development Minister Conor Murphy, spoke of his relief at the outcome.

"I'm delighted, I feel the verdict has vindicated the position I have held throughout that this was something that was wrong," he said.
BBC News - Declan Gormley wins libel case against Sinn Fein

between the bridges

You clearly know what you are at.
to be honest it's hard to get a rise out of the dears these days, they have had some bad news and it's taking a lot of getting used too, one could almost feel sorry for them...

death or glory

Don't expect mickey, tommy or Glenshane to pass comment as they now ignore posts they don't like and stick to blatent prod bashing in forums they monopolise where there is no reasoned debate.

InsideImDancing

to be honest it's hard to get a rise out of the dears these days, they have had some bad news and it's taking a lot of getting used too, one could almost feel sorry for them...
Designated days is not going to last forever ye know!:rolleyes:

death or glory

My designated days would be any day of the week ending in Y.

joemac67

SF - not fit for government on either side of the border
But they are and will be much to the dislike of loyalist bigots like yourself , so lap it up it will only get worse , first its your flags are removed , then your other emblems , then yourselves .

RedCloud

But they are and will be much to the dislike of loyalist bigots like yourself , so lap it up it will only get worse , first its your flags are removed , then your other emblems , then yourselves .
A Notion Once Again......again ? :) :) :)

Glenshane4

Don't expect mickey, tommy or Glenshane to pass comment as they now ignore posts they don't like and stick to blatent prod bashing in forums they monopolise where there is no reasoned debate.
How many members of the jury were Prods?

Glenshane4

SF - not fit for government on either side of the border
Mind your Prod manners. Leave it to the oppressed Catholic people of Northern Ireland to decide who represents us in government. As for the government of Eire, that is a matter for the people of Eire.

Ex celt

Mind your Prod manners. Leave it to the oppressed Catholic people of Northern Ireland to decide who represents us in government. As for the government of Eire, that is a matter for the people of Eire.
How many great british pounds will be awarded against sf/ira by the jury of citizens tomorrow?

death or glory

Nice one Man,
SF found Guilty so Blame the prods in the Jury.You would have my vote for British Intellectual of the year.

How many members of the jury were Prods?