Civic Reception For our Hockey Players

HarshBuzz

Eh what? Why?
If you can't read back your posts on this thread and see why, there's really no hope for you and serves only to amplify the point!

HarshBuzz

Went in to the homecoming celebration in Dame St. Useless at estimating the size of crowds but there was boisterous support.

I'd say their feet won't touch the floor until the Autumn!

toughbutfair

If you can't read back your posts on this thread and see why, there's really no hope for you and serves only to amplify the point!
I said judging by the shape of all the players, it’s a great sport for a girl to keep fit and stay looking feminine. That’s bad?

bokuden

I have to laugh at all these Fgers here celebrating the hockey team's victory. The fg scum did to womens hockey what they did to all socially important state supported services: they slashed funding and forced them to privately source money.

redneck

I have to laugh at all these Fgers here celebrating the hockey team's victory. The fg scum did to womens hockey what they did to all socially important state supported services: they slashed funding and forced them to privately source money.
Hockey is important. There are very few clubs in West Dublin, but a lot in South Dublin and D.L

Last edited:

devoutcapitalist

The fact that the Irish Women's team reached the final is surely a triumph of private sector investment over Statism.

Spurius P Albus

Typical shinner. Gets pissed off when Ireland does well at anything - economy , sport , whatever.

Pizza Man

I have to laugh at all these Fgers here celebrating the hockey team's victory.
Looks like Johnny no-brains was so far up his sister's hole that he didn't even hear that they lost!

HarshBuzz

I said judging by the shape of all the players, it’s a great sport for a girl to keep fit and stay looking feminine. That’s bad?
Read the below. It's antediluvian.

If you said that to any of the hockey squad, or even better, Katie Taylor, you would end up on the floor. Not that you would have the balls to do so of course.

I wouldn’t go that far. The clips I saw of the various hockey teams showed the women tended to have great thighs and ass. I don’t think parents should be encouraging their daughters to play rugby (butch), boxing (manly), running (flat) , weightlifting/bodybuilding (obviously) but hockey (like volleyball) seems to mold the body into a very attractive shape.

HarshBuzz

Hockey is not important. There are very few clubs in West Dublin, but a lot in South Dublin and D.L
Actually, Glennane (from Tallaght - Graham Shaw's club) are perennial trophy winners.

Stereotypes eh? Tend to say more about the stereotyper, in this case, not much.

redneck

Typical shinner. Gets pissed off when Ireland does well at anything - economy , sport , whatever.
I think FG cut funding to Women's hockey. I could be wrong on this though.

redneck

Actually, Glennane (from Tallaght - Graham Shaw's club) are perennial trophy winners.

Stereotypes eh? Tend to say more about the stereotyper, in this case, not much.
My apologies, it was not nice of me to stereotype. I have sisters involved at a very senior level with Irish hockey. I just wish they did not use "Irelands call", or at least have an Irish version of this song, it is not the national anthem.

sic transit

I think FG cut funding to Women's hockey. I could be wrong on this though.
There may have been some general cuts but the Irish Sports Council decide who gets funding.

Pythagoras

Ross is some self-publicist. He announces in front of the Irish Hockey team funding of an extra 1.5 million euro to their obvious delight. It then transpires that this funding is for all sports. Do the maths as to what women's hockey will get. Classic Ross!

sic transit

Ross is some self-publicist. He announces in front of the Irish Hockey team funding of an extra 1.5 million euro to their obvious delight. It then transpires that this funding is for all sports. Do the maths as to what women's hockey will get. Classic Ross!
It was but he did go on to say they'll get a sizeable chunk of it.

Pythagoras

A sizeable chunk can be defined in whatever way Ross wants it to be defined - maybe that's just the cynicism concerning Ross coming out of me.

Ramon Mercadar

Great result! Hockey players are much more elegant than those heifers that play camogie.

gatsbygirl20

It was but he did go on to say they'll get a sizeable chunk of it.
But he should have been more careful, welcome and all as the money is

When he announced the 1.5 million the team broke into tears of gratitude, obviously in the excitement only hearing the headline figure

Media reporting that a certain disappointment is setting in as it is realised that the announcement was not about hockey, really, but about funding for Olympic training across the board..

Boxers .... the Irish rowing team,.... men's hockey... They will all have to be taken care of too. One point five million will not go far with all those calls on it

What is it about Ross? He can make a hames of anything, even good news

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies