Civic Reception For our Hockey Players

HarshBuzz

Ross is some self-publicist. He announces in front of the Irish Hockey team funding of an extra 1.5 million euro to their obvious delight. It then transpires that this funding is for all sports. Do the maths as to what women's hockey will get. Classic Ross!
There was a few low boos when he stood up to speak! He was clearly overcome with his own self-importance.

The new mayor spoke quite well, whoever he is.

sic transit

But he should have been more careful, welcome and all as the money is

When he announced the 1.5 million the team broke into tears of gratitude, obviously in the excitement only hearing the headline figure

Media reporting that a certain disappointment is setting in as it is realised that the announcement was not about hockey, really, but about funding for Olympic training across the board..

Boxers .... the Irish rowing team,.... men's hockey... They will all have to be taken care of too. One point five million will not go far with all those calls on it

What is it about Ross? He can make a hames of anything, even good news
Shane does what he does.
Some of those are already covered by high performance programmes and current Sports Council payments. The impression he gave was that the likes of the hockey teams, now both ranked 10th, will get a lot more from that kitty.

Skin the Goat

Hockey is important. There are very few clubs in West Dublin, but a lot in South Dublin and D.L
Edited to change "not important" to "important"?
Very Trumpian :roll:

carlovian

Shane does what he does.
Some of those are already covered by high performance programmes and current Sports Council payments. The impression he gave was that the likes of the hockey teams, now both ranked 10th, will get a lot more from that kitty.
Ross jumping on the bandwagon was the low point of the whole thing.

But fair play to him for promising a new ice rink for the hockey teams.

gatsbygirl20

Shane does what he does.
I hope that is the case. Otherwise it would have been something of a damp squib

toughbutfair

Read the below. It's antediluvian.

If you said that to any of the hockey squad, or even better, Katie Taylor, you would end up on the floor. Not that you would have the balls to do so of course.
I say ladies boxing isn’t feminine, you “defend” them by saying that if I said that to them they’d punch me.

toughbutfair

ONLy on p.ie does somebody go on to a thread, say nothing but good things about the girls and their wonderful achievement and get abuse for doing so. Relax people!

Sweet Darling

My apologies, it was not nice of me to stereotype. I have sisters involved at a very senior level with Irish hockey. I just wish they did not use "Irelands call", or at least have an Irish version of this song, it is not the national anthem.
If you are just down to the sing song, that's good, you are nearly there

Sweet Darling

I have to laugh at all these Fgers here celebrating the hockey team's victory. The fg scum did to womens hockey what they did to all socially important state supported services: they slashed funding and forced them to privately source money.
Economics is not your first subject I'm guessing.

Alan Alda

Well done to the ladies who done so well at the 'protestant hurling' contest.:cool:

redneck

Great result! Hockey players are much more elegant than those heifers that play camogie.
It is not nice to slag off another sport. Can you not just stick to praising the Hockey team? Must it always be about politics and looks?

Last edited:

Herr Rommel

They use the fake anthem so they are not really an Irish team.

Leinsterview

Are we still having a reception for these fúcking losers?
That's like saying Sonia O'Sullivan 'lost' at Sydney by merely winning a silver.
I came across an interesting stat: 300,000 professional female hockey players in Holland: 10,000 amateurs in Ireland.

Northsideman

That's like saying Sonia O'Sullivan 'lost' at Sydney by merely winning a silver.
I came across an interesting stat: 300,000 professional female hockey players in Holland: 10,000 amateurs in Ireland.
Total bullsh!te, where are you getting those figures?

blinding

There is no way there is 300,000 professional players in Holland.....think about it !

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies