• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

CL Final: If Llorente gets a chance, will he waist it?

Faughart

I fully expect the football-minded folks on Politics.ie to shun this thread, from a relative newbie (and foreigner), but anyway... I reckon tomorrow's game will likely be a dire spectacle, upstaged by some mildly diverting natural phenomenon like the plague of moths at the final of the 2016 Euros. And although I've supported Spurs for nearly 30 years, I can't see them overcoming a Liverpool side that have to make amends for losing out to Real Madrid (unfairly) last year, and Man City in this season's Prem. If the game was played at Anfield we'd lose 5-1; in Madrid it'll be closer, but not much IMHO.

Last edited:

Round tower

Pool will be favourites but when it comes to finals any thing can happen, Pool cup loss to Wimbledon.
Only a couple of weeks ago my club played Knocknacarra in the Connacht sheild final, 2 years ago they had hammered us 5 - 2 in Connacht, in the sheild final we beat them 3 - 1.
Also Klop has a terrible reccord in finals, losing his last 6 finals.
The question mark for Spurs is start Kane or not, he can't be match fit haing not played for 6 or 7 weeks, i would leave on the bench, bring him on to win it

Faughart

Pool will be favourites but when it comes to finals any thing can happen, Pool cup loss to Wimbledon.
Only a couple of weeks ago my club played Knocknacarra in the Connacht sheild final, 2 years ago they had hammered us 5 - 2 in Connacht, in the sheild final we beat them 3 - 1.
Also Klop has a terrible reccord in finals, losing his last 6 finals.
The question mark for Spurs is start Kane or not, he can't be match fit haing not played for 6 or 7 weeks, i would leave on the bench, bring him on to win it
Agree about Kane - his lack of match fitness gives Poch an excuse not to start him. Even when HK is on top form (which he hasn't been for a while) it's Aldeweireld's fitness that always concerns me. If he starts, especially with Son, Eriksen and one or two others, I may allow a glimmer of hope - which will only be dashed by the Red juggernaut.

HenryHorace

If Kane starts Liverpool will win imo otherwise it's a 50/50 game. Kane is a known blagger and realistically this is his one and only shot of winning something this big with Spurs so even if he's 70% fit he'll be telling the manager he's match ready. Spurs are the better side without him even when he's fully fit but it would be madness starting him tomorrow. 4-1 Liverpool.

redneck

I expect a very very tight match with Liverpool shading it. A goal from a penalty or free kick by Roberto Firminio.

Betson

Does anyone with any bit of knowledge at all give Sours any chance , would not think so.

First it is Spurs , who always go very Spursy when the stakes are high.

And 2nd and more importantly they are playing a team that is light years ahead of them.

Liverpool in a canter tomorrow , you can take that to the bank.

Last edited:

Beachcomber

I fully expect the football-minded folks on Politics.ie to shun this thread, from a relative newbie (and foreigner), but anyway... I reckon tomorrow's game will likely be a dire spectacle, upstaged by some mildly diverting natural phenomena like the plague of moths at the final of the 2016 Euros. And although I've supported Spurs for nearly 30 years, I can't see them overcoming a Liverpool side that have to make amends for losing out to Real Madrid (unfairly) last year, and Man City in this season's Prem. If the game was played at Anfield we'd lose 5-1; in Madrid it'll be closer, but not much IMHO.

CL Final: If Llorente gets a chance, will he waist it?

If his waist is the best part of his body to use in the circumstances, then why wouldn't he use his waist?

Beachcomber

Does anyone with any bit of knowledge at all give Sours any chance , woyuld not think so.

And 2nd and more importantly they are playing a team that is light years ahead of them.

Yes, Spurs have a chance.

I don't see how Liverpool are light years ahead of Spurs. Liverpool hasn't won anything domestically this season.

Faughart

Does anyone with any bit of knowledge at all give Sours any chance , would not think so.

Much as it pains me to accept it, I agree more or less with what you say. And assuming LFC stick to the script, you can be certain Arsenal won't waste any time putting up a statue of Jurgen Klopp outside the Emirates.

redneck

Can you change the O.P- Waist is spelt Waste.

Round tower

In a final anything can happen, Remember 88 ccup ffinal when the Crazy gang pulled off one of the greatest cup finals upsets.
Also Klop's great reccord in finals 1 win in 7 and that was his first final
But will expect Pool to win by the odd goal,
It would be good for a family i know, their father who waas a great Pool supporter and was a good soccer player for our club. supporter died suddenly this day last year.
RIP Martin

Last edited:

HenryHorace

Very sad news. If there's a minute's silence before tonight's game and Spurs fans aren't respectful, they don't deserve to leave the stadium with smiles on their faces.
R.I.P

You don't know if either the Spurs or Liverpool fans will respect it. I know for a fact there is an organised booing of the Champions league anthem going to happen before kick off as it's all over fan forums. I actually think a minutes applause is the smart thing to do on these occasions as you are always going to get pissed up fans acting the clown.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Betson, you are a courageous character indeed... There's no way you would catch me saying that during any kind of Chelsea game :)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies