• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Clamp down on Pubs with no licences

Round tower

There was a crackdown on pubs with no licences over the weekend. On Friday a pub in our local town was closed by the gaurds and the Revenue Comisioners for having no licence,there was another 2 closed in the next near town and suposed to be quite a no around the county. On Friday night the cops went around the rest of the pubs in the town checking if they had licences or not.Is this a new clampdown,it seems you have to renew the licence every yeaar on October first and you must have a tax cleaarence cert from the revenue. Was this widespread around the countey if so there will be alot less pubs in Ire.

Tawdy

There was a crackdown on pubs with no licences over the weekend. On Friday a pub in our local town was closed by the gaurds and the Revenue Comisioners for having no licence,there was another 2 closed in the next near town and suposed to be quite a no around the county. On Friday night the cops went around the rest of the pubs in the town checking if they had licences or not.Is this a new clampdown,it seems you have to renew the licence every yeaar on October first and you must have a tax cleaarence cert from the revenue. Was this widespread around the countey if so there will be alot less pubs in Ire.

About time too. That law should be applied to all denominations of religions also.

statsman

A pub without a license is not a pub and should not be allowed to stay open. It's been yearly renewal as long as I can remember.

Pudna

Happened in my town too, of course I could be in same town as you!

Bill

they didn't happen to pop into the Dail and check the license there?

sauntersplash

Could somebody explain to me why the number of licences for pubs is limited please?

mike58

Any establishment or person that requires a licence and does not have one should be prosecuted--end of

Rural

A pub with no licence is a Sheebeen. (dunno why I gave the word capital S???).

eoghanacht

Don't you have to get the application/renewal signed by the local sargent anyways so the guards would already know.

Rocky

Is that still the case? Thought it was done away with?
Either way, I don't think anyone could argue that pubs are keeping prices up by limiting competition. Obviously there's an unreal amount of pubs in Ireland. In towns/cities dam near every second building seems to be one.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies