• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

CptSternn

Hi. I am being a bit curious here and looking up details on the candidates for the upcoming elections in Clare. Does anyone know if the candidate Clare Colleran Molloy from Fianna Fáil would be the sister of former Irish Daily Star editor Ger Colleran?

bye bye mubarak

Hi. I am being a bit curious here and looking up details on the candidates for the upcoming elections in Clare. Does anyone know if the candidate Clare Colleran Molloy from Fianna Fáil would be the sister of former Irish Daily Star editor Ger Colleran?
Why?

CptSternn

Why not? Don't we as the electorate in the constituency of a candidate entitled to know about who we are voting for? Just asking a question.

DaveM

Why not? Don't we as the electorate in the constituency of a candidate entitled to know about who we are voting for? Just asking a question.

What difference would it make if she is?

CptSternn

None at all. I have seen him on Vincent Browne's show a few times, he seems prepared for many debates. I was curious if they were related. I thought I had read that somewhere but was not sure, which is why I asked the question.

DaveM

None at all. I have seen him on Vincent Browne's show a few times, he seems prepared for many debates. I was curious if they were related. I thought I had read that somewhere but was not sure, which is why I asked the question.

I just don't see how it's relevant to her candidacy though.

Unless you're just engaging in a time honoured Irish tradition and you want to "place" her, as my grandmother would have said!

CptSternn

That was just a curious question. As I said, I like to know a bit about the candidates. I was most curious about her as she was put into the Clare race at the last minute by the Fianna Fáil National Constituency Committee.

Unrest among the grass roots of Fianna Fáil in Clare as extra candidates are added to the Ennis ticket | The Clare People

She wasn't selected locally, the National FF party put her in there on their own. It was a bit of a strange move which is why I am interested in who she is as she wasn't selected locally nor were any details given about her when they put her into the race and booted two selected candidates to add herself and Brian Meaney formerly of the Green Party.

In her campaign literature it says she was a Barrister and used to live in America as well. She is listed in the Bar Council of Ireland...

Clare Colleran-McKenry | Barristers' Database | Bar Council of Ireland

It also says she lived in Miami and was able to practice law there.

Here is her election poster which matches her Law Library picture -

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-d7Ka6WzQHEw/U01gCig1uPI/AAAAAAAAALk/5qy2Q2R5U6g/s1600/clare+2.jpg

Now, her Barrister listing says CLARE COLLERAN-MCKENRY but her campaign literature says CLARE COLLERAN MOLLOY.

Looking at the pictures she appears to be the same person, but with two different names.

I thought that was curious which is why I was also asking if this was indeed the same person.

cabledude

I just don't see how it's relevant to her candidacy though.

Unless you're just engaging in a time honoured Irish tradition and you want to "place" her, as my grandmother would have said!
Not a whole lot wrong with that......

That way we would know if she comes from 'good stock' or not. :)

Eoin Coir

Does she look like Ger from photo, hard to say ? Ger would hardly be a FFer, but again how many siblings go separate ways.

CptSternn

Last edited:
Last edited:
Well, the other question I had was about her living in America. See, I did a Google and for shytes and giggles threw her name into one of those American credit/background check databases and a list of things came up for a CLARE COLLERAN-MCKENRY. It says a Barrister with that name in Miami who apparently was from Clare according to the documents had over a dozen aliases along with dozens of companies created by the same Barrister and has dozens of judgments against them for a list of failed businesses and unpaid bills for property.

The law office was called 'The Law Offices Of Clare Colleran-McKenry' and was forcibly dissolved by the US government.

And not just in Miami, like four other states where this same Barrister listed at the Miami address setup companies in which the Barrister was a director then it would appear the companies went bust.

Now, I'm not saying its the same person, I was just curious, asking the question. I am not making any accusations here, just Googling a name and thats what has come back.

Eoin Coir

Well, the other question I had was about her living in America. See, I did a Google and for shytes and giggles threw her name into one of those American credit/background check databases and a list of things came up for a CLARE COLLERAN-MCKENRY. It says a Barrister with that name in Miami who apparently was from Clare according to the documents had over a dozen aliases along with dozens of companies created by the same Barrister and has dozens of judgments against them for a list of failed businesses and unpaid bills for property.

The law office was called 'The Law Offices Of Clare Colleran-McKenry' and was forcibly dissolved by the US government.

And not just in Miami, like four other states where this same Barrister listed at the Miami address setup companies in which the Barrister was a director then it would appear the companies went bust.

Now, I'm not saying its the same person, I was just curious, asking the question. I am not making any accusations here, just Googling a name and thats what has come back.

Suits FF admirably so ?

CptSternn

No proof of that. I was just curious to know if it was the same person. Might be a completely different person.

fenian john

Seems to be lots of unknown mysterious people running this time round. Asked around about the sf candidate in ennis and nobody knew anything about him. Are the forces in the witness protection programme filling up the ballots with unknown new idendities :)

grassroots

A local authority councillor would be the perfect place to put somebody from witness protection. Nobody would ever find them.

fenian john

Can you post links to the pages Captain. You have said stuff in the past that was dodgy and when asked to prove it you could not. It is interesting that you would dig so deep into one candidate. I think she is married to the guy who used to run tonys fashions in the market in ennis.

mangaire2

yeah – she’s of the same clan as the former sleezy editor of the tabloid rag.
i normally transfer to FF, but not to her, I’m afraid.
the Collerans of Clare are blowins from Mayo.
the aul fella came to Clare forty or fifty years ago, with his arse out through his trousers

mangaire2

Seems to be lots of unknown mysterious people running this time round. Asked around about the sf candidate in ennis and nobody knew anything about him. Are the forces in the witness protection programme filling up the ballots with unknown new idendities :)
to be fair, the SF candidate O'Reilly is of an old Ennis family.
the O'Reillys had a butcher shop in Parnell St. - it was there for a couple of generations, i think - it went out of business, like a lot of other family businesses, after Dunnes & Tesco came to town.
this guy works at the meat counter of a small supermarket, in Ard na Gréine.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom