Clare Colleran Molloy - Fianna Fáil candidate in Clare

CptSternn

Maybe we are going about this all wrong. Those creditors know who they are looking for and the plaintiffs in the civil suit do as well.

Maybe drop them a line with a link to the election website for the candidate here and let them tell us if that is indeed the same person they have been dealing with?

ruserious

Very interesting thread and one this site was made for.
Well done OP.

If Clare intends to become mayor of...well Clare, then it would be best to offset any confusion over mistaken identity at the earliest opportunity.

Otherwise, we may be left with wrong conclusions in our heads..

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Maybe we are going about this all wrong. Those creditors know who they are looking for and the plaintiffs in the civil suit do as well.

Maybe drop them a line with a link to the election website for the candidate here and let them tell us if that is indeed the same person they have been dealing with?
AHEM!

Trying to muscle in on my cut?

The mean person in me thinks that the creditors of the American person might be interested in following this up...

Overt

This is beginning to look like a remarkably good spot by CptSternn.

Can anyone throw light on the Colleran family's traditional political allegiances (you all know bleddy well what I mean) as it's hard to reconcile the sister's running for FF with the brother's pronouncements (not in his paper - on the radio as a panel guest, he was OTT) against FF?
Traditionally a FF family.

bigboz

Looks like the Clare People isn't going any further with this. Three possibilities:
1) Sloppy journalism. The journalist couldn't be bothered to follow up on her own story,
2) Gagged: Journo stomped on by CP management
3) Litigation or the threat thereof: No one would threaten litigation or brandish Confidentiality Agreements unless there was a very dark secret.

2) is improbable. 3) is fantasyland. So looks like good old-fashioned sloppy journalism.

Still be easier if the Councillor and putative Mayoral candidate just issued a statement.

WestOfCentre2

Just bumping this thread now because there is a strong rumour doing the rounds that the aforementioned is already very advanced in planning a bid for a GE nomination. My FF source claims Dooley is like, as he put it, the "antichrist". Under the circumstances, you'd have to expect this subject matter to re-surface during the year.

Last edited:

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Just bumping this thread now because there is a strong rumour doing the rounds that the aforementioned is already very advanced in planning a bid for a GE nomination. My FF source claims Dooley is like, as the put it, the "antichrist". Under the circumstances, you'd have to expect this subject matter to re-surface during the year.
Dear Timmy,

Read this thread.

You're welcome.

From all at P.ie.

John Deere 5820

I am of the understanding John Hillery wants another crack at it too.

Slightly off topic but I wonder will Martin Conway run independent/FG or maybe Ann Northon might run as an independent

Boy M5

Very interesting thread - Fair play Cpt Stern.

John Deere 5820

I see that Michael ''Malty'' McDonagh chairman of Clare GAA will also seek a FF nomination, I persume the Garvey woman from Inagh who declared her intent on the Vincent Brown show may also seem a nomination from FF

'orebel

That was just a curious question. As I said, I like to know a bit about the candidates. I was most curious about her as she was put into the Clare race at the last minute by the Fianna Fáil National Constituency Committee.

Unrest among the grass roots of Fianna Fáil in Clare as extra candidates are added to the Ennis ticket | The Clare People

She wasn't selected locally, the National FF party put her in there on their own. It was a bit of a strange move which is why I am interested in who she is as she wasn't selected locally nor were any details given about her when they put her into the race and booted two selected candidates to add herself and Brian Meaney formerly of the Green Party.

In her campaign literature it says she was a Barrister and used to live in America as well. She is listed in the Bar Council of Ireland...

Clare Colleran-McKenry | Barristers' Database | Bar Council of Ireland

It also says she lived in Miami and was able to practice law there.

Here is her election poster which matches her Law Library picture -

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-d7Ka6WzQHEw/U01gCig1uPI/AAAAAAAAALk/5qy2Q2R5U6g/s1600/clare+2.jpg

Now, her Barrister listing says CLARE COLLERAN-MCKENRY but her campaign literature says CLARE COLLERAN MOLLOY.

Looking at the pictures she appears to be the same person, but with two different names.

I thought that was curious which is why I was also asking if this was indeed the same person.
Nice bit of googling Captain.

Has Ms. em, Molloy clarified any of this yet?

andreolin

Clare Colleran Molloy stood at the FF convention but was not selected. Moves were then made to add her to the ticket but she refused. She has now reconsidered and will be formally added to the ticket this week. Very curious set of circumstances.

Wonder if there will be a little more scrutiny of her history now.

NeilW

I've read the entire thread. What is this history that deserves scrutiny? The allegations, such as they are and whoever they relate to, seem to amount to the person in question (let's face it, almost certainly this candidate) having lost money or been associated with companies that lost money in the Florida real estate market in the run-up to the US property crash. Well, who didnt? Is there anything more to it than that? Is such a history a bar on standing for office? Would any voters reasonably expect good property investment advice from a FF candidate anyway?

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom