• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Clarissa Dickson Wright causes outrage after condemning Muslim Leicester as a 'ghetto'

Chi019

A tv chef who has a new book out has caused a bit of a stir in recounting an unpleasant episode where she got lost in Leicester. Of course the real outrage is that no one apparently was willing to help her out!

Describing how she got lost after coming off the ring road to escape a traffic jam, she writes: “I found myself in an area where all the men were wearing Islamic clothing and all the women were wearing burkas and walking slightly behind them.'

“None of the men would talk to me when I tried to find out where I was and how to get out of there because I was an English female and they don’t talk to females they don’t know, while if the women could speak English they weren’t about to show it by having a word with me. I have many good acquaintances and even some friends among the Muslim community, yet here I was, in the heart of a city in the middle of my own country, a complete outcast and pariah...
Clarissa Dickson Wright causes outrage after condemning Muslim Leicester as a 'ghetto'
Clarissa Dickson Wright causes outrage after condemning Muslim Leicester as a 'ghetto' - Telegraph

tigerben

Well white people must never complain, never question and speaking the truth is not allowed incase you might hurt minorities peoples feelings. You must repress all thoughts, wish your friends and co workers happy holidays , have a winter tree because it's the majority have to change but be opened and welcoming to the minorities feast days and festivals.

FrankSpeaks

The dictionary definition of a ghetto is:

A usually poor section of a city inhabited primarily by people of the same race, religion, or social background, often because of discrimination.

You have to ask the question, was she wrong?

In all honesty I think not!

Last edited:

Levellers

No body did anything to her. She just does not like people who are different to her.

Black George

There are parts of Ireland which will soon be in a similar state. In my own village, there is only one person (an elderly lady), other than myself, who knows anything about the village or can point out - or even pronounce the names of - the various landmarks. However, they do know who plays for Manchester utd, or who the current villain is in Coronation Street...

FrankSpeaks

No body did anything to her. She just does not like people who are different to her.
They would not help someone who was lost, is that acceptable behaviour? No!

Chi019

Lol, apart from ignore her when she approached them for assistance. The UK is buggered if this is an example of where its heading.

slippy wicket

Where does it say that in the piece, or are you inferring that from your own preconceptions.

The ghettoisation of certain areas in the uk because of the colonisation of those areas by a Muslim majority is a lesson to all right thinking people to not allow the same to happen here.
Integration has to be the way to go.

sic transit

She's was a 60 something woman lost in an area she didn't know where people looked at her suspiciously and apparently wouldn't help her. That's enough to freak most people out, although one would wonder at the choice of comments.

FrankSpeaks

Where does it say that in the piece, or are you inferring that from your own preconceptions.

The ghettoisation of certain areas in the uk because of the colonisation of those areas by a Muslim majority is a lesson to all right thinking people to not allow the same to happen here.
Integration is the only way to go, except for Roma and Travellers, they are beyond the pale! LOL!

Chi019

No, restriction of immigration to countries with similar backgrounds is the way to go.

eoghanacht

There are parts of Ireland which will soon be in a similar state. In my own village, there is only one person (an elderly lady), other than myself, who knows anything about the village or can point out - or even pronounce the names of - the various landmarks. However, they do know who plays for Manchester utd, or who the current villain is in Coronation Street...

Dubs have ruined the small commuter towns and villages in and around Dublin with their foreign ways.

tinyd

yet here I was, in the heart of a city in the middle of my own country, a complete outcast and pariah...
This quote from the article is a bit dramatic IMO. She ended up in a part of a large and diverse country where the locals didn't want to talk to her. It's a bit rude on their part, but I'd imagine if an Asian teenager from one of the more deprived places in the country wandered into certain upmarket parts of London he'd feel just as much of an 'outcast and pariah' in his own country. She's entitled to her opinion of course, but as is often sadly the case with this kind of thing, she (and others) seem to have drawn completely spurious conclusions from this one experience.

D

Dylan2010

A tv chef who has a new book out has caused a bit of a stir in recounting an unpleasant episode where she got lost in Leicester. Of course the real outrage is that no one apparently was willing to help her out!

Clarissa Dickson Wright causes outrage after condemning Muslim Leicester as a 'ghetto' - Telegraph
to be fair that happened to me once near Liffey Valley, ended up in a housing estate and I was sure the wrecked cars were going to be pushed out into the street with a hollar of "we got one!"

Aindriu

Spirit Of Newgrange

oh yes, thats why chinese takeaways in the UK has a sign on the door stating that their meat is halal. We must integrate. You must get your kids to adopt the koran and you must implement sharia law, ban booze, ban gambling, ban immodest clothes, persecute anybody who tries to exercise their freedom of speech, and keep the women locked up in the kitchen. We must integrate.

ban christmas, ban pork, ban many dairy products, put a large mosque in every irish town and village. We must integrate.

Last edited:

EUrJokingMeRight

She could have asked a patrolman!