Clear majority of Europeans want a total ban on Muslim immigration

feedmelies

Think you should educate yourself first ....it was an online survey not a poll , online surveys are notoriously unreliable ...it involved population samples of 1000 in 10 countries ....... so small as to be totally unreliable as a statistical barometer :roll:
It was a statistically sound poll from a reputable research institute. A large proportion of polls are online instead of telephone now including those for major elections and there is evidence that online polls are more accurate.

The sample size is 10000 which is a good sample size. In fact it results in less than a 1% margin of error.

You ended your post with personal attacks - evidence that you're losing the argument and don't know what you're talking about.

D

Deleted member 45466

Muslim culture is incompatible with European Christian values, only the most liberal fruitbats don't agree with this but you can be guaranteed the majority of Europeans do.

Common sense stuff, Merkel is a traitor.
Get out of it ye scamp. Europe is no longer Christian.

feedmelies

Polls cannot be trusted, at all. If Soros/Amnesty International commissioned a more expansive and detailed poll it would probably suggest that 85%+ of Europeans would like more Muslims in Europe, 68% would be in favour of outlawing Christianity and 52% would be in favour of adopting some forms of Sharia law.
In that case we could point to an obvious bias. The institute which carried out this survey is if anything pro establishment so we certainly don't need to worry about a right wing bias.

brughahaha

It was a statistically sound poll from a reputable research institute. A large proportion of polls are online instead of telephone now including those for major elections and there is evidence that online polls are more accurate.

The sample size is 10000 which is a good sample size. In fact it results in less than a 1% margin of error.

You ended your post with personal attacks - evidence that you're losing the argument and don't know what you're talking about.
10,000 ....in 10 countries!!! And no poll has a margin of 1% ........so it ain't me who doesn't know what Im talking about ....that'd obviously be you

As for the abuse that's what it says about people with your beliefs in the poll YOU are quoting ... if the cap fits .........

feedmelies

10,000 ....in 10 countries!!! And no poll has a margin of 1% ........so it ain't me who doesn't know what Im talking about ....that'd obviously be you

As for the abuse that's what it says about people with your beliefs in the poll YOU are quoting ... if the cap fits .........
Check for yourself, a representative 10000 sample in a 500 million population results in a margin of error of less than 1%.

Sample Size Calculator by Raosoft, Inc.

Probably best to not talk about statistics if you have no idea of the basics...

Spanner Island

The real news is that only 20% actually disagreed i.e. the open-borders lemmings are a minority and non main-stream.
I don't think I know anyone who agrees with unlimited open border immigration from anywhere... never mind from Muslim countries...

That kind of immigration would be completely unsustainable... and doesn't actually exist.

The EU has been horrendous at dealing with the increased volume in recent years... but it's not some sort of earth shattering revelation this poll imo...

razorblade

Muslim culture is incompatible with European Christian values, only the most liberal fruitbats don't agree with this but you can be guaranteed the majority of Europeans do.

Common sense stuff, Merkel is a traitor.
We dont necessarily need christian views, very many Europeans are secularists also and that would be under threat from vast waves of Islamic extremists.

stopdoingstuff

I don't think I know anyone who agrees with unlimited open border immigration from anywhere... never mind from Muslim countries...

That kind of immigration would be completely unsustainable... and doesn't actually exist.

The EU has been horrendous at dealing with the increased volume in recent years... but it's not some sort of earth shattering revelation this poll imo...
There are open borders in the Med right now.

PBP voter

Should the influx just be stopped or should those already here be turfed out too?

If the latter is it all Muslims or is there some kind of cut off and if there is what would be the criteria?
If Europe wants more young people(which clearly it does) it should be looking to bring back first,second,third,fourth generation Europeans from all around the world.

brughahaha

Check for yourself, a representative 10000 sample in a 500 million population results in a margin of error of less than 1%.

Sample Size Calculator by Raosoft, Inc.

Probably best to not talk about statistics if you have no idea of the basics...
You might want to read this before relying on instant internet searches

The 'Margin Of Error' Is More Controversial Than You Think | The Huffington Post

Most surveys report a margin of error that represents some, but not all, potential survey errors

You might also want to recall the spate of recent elections that the polls got wrong ( in far larger sample sizes) before continuing on your current trajectory

Maybe just go back to life dissatisfaction....I think this poll got that right

Spanner Island

There are open borders in the Med right now.
I don't think there is... there's a lot of coastline....

How would you propose the southern European coast of the Med should be defended?

And beyond the coast... how do you think boats with illegals should be dealt with? Sink them perhaps?

that'smadted

Yes but that minority like Merkill are the ones who have full control over it and are the ones encouraging this cultural suicide.
This is the problem, they control the media etc, their could be a demonstration of 1000, which would get extensive media coverage and a demonstration of 50,000 which get's none. The question is, how to get the Europeans point of view across in a peaceful but yet forceful way.

Spanner Island

If Europe wants more young people(which clearly it does) it should be looking to bring back first,second,third,fourth generation Europeans from all around the world.
I don't think there's anything preventing them from returning if they wanted to...

How would you encourage them?

Mary Mitchel O'Connor proposed taxing returned immigrants less than those of us who stayed here and was rightly lambasted for such brain dead stupidity...

I just don't understand how to bring those people 'home' (even if they wanted to come 'back') without p!ssing off those who are here and who would undoubtedly end up footing the bill for any incentive(s) used.

stopdoingstuff

I don't think there is... there's a lot of coastline....

How would you propose the southern European coast of the Med should be defended?

And beyond the coast... how do you think boats with illegals should be dealt with? Sink them perhaps?

The med should be defended by the navies of each country.

The best thing to do is give fair warning that after date X, no one showing up in a boat will get more than a hot meal, a shower, and a return trip within 24 hours. It is not Europe's job to enrich people smugglers. If the North African countries do not want to play ball as far as returning refugees go, then the best thing to do is let it be known that no boat gets rescued or picked up. We should not give in to blackmail. All that being said though, if circumstances arise where using force to enforce the borders is necessary, it would not bother me in the least since no one forces anyone to make the crossing.

Jack Walsh

very leading questions will lead to very dubious results
This was very poorly phrased.

In our survey, carried out before President Trump’s executive order was announced, respondents were given the following statement: ‘All further migration from mainly Muslim countries should be stopped’. They were then asked to what extent did they agree or disagree with this statement. - See more at: https://www.chathamhouse.org/expert/comment/what-do-europeans-think-about-muslim-immigration#sthash.R5yg0FSb.dpuf

Also, the OP (perhaps unintentionally) implies that Muslims (even those already here) are not wanted.

PeaceGoalie

Wexford is solidly Chinese. Seems Lee Chin will represent the Bhoys of Wexford in ice hockey, as well as GAA, hurling and soccer.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies