• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Cllr. Brian Meaney resigns from Greens - hopes to defect to Fianna Fáil

Socratus O' Pericles

A good bet if you want somewhere to hedge your rapidly declining gold stocks.
I've become fond of this baby ,I don't know if I could part with her now.......................................................................................................

Ryan Tubbs

FF are on the way back.
As their number 1 cheerleader, you're in a good position to tell us.

(Oh wait, sorry, that's right, you don't support FF. You just spend all day on here talking them up, supporting them, willing to break the law to vote for them, etc etc)

statsman

I've become fond of this baby ,I don't know if I could part with her now.......................................................................................................
Class, of course, is permanent.

flavirostris

Tends to confirm the suspicion that the veggies were always closer to FF than FG or Lab.. almost gene pool. Gogarty was at one time talking about moving to FF.

Bill

It would be gas if they told him to f-off

Analyzer

Here's Meaney on US troops and Shannon in 2006:

Brian Meaney, of the Green party, said: "You can't allow an airport's future to depend on selling sandwiches to soldiers. People have a notion of Irish neutrality, and they think it is being undermined and sold out." Concerns grow in Ireland over use of Shannon airport as US military stopover | World news | The Guardian
And 3 years later:

"The US military business is a good foundation base for the Shannon Airport Authority to maintain (sic) and ensure that the airport can stay open and has services." Green Party in Co. Clare Firmly Behind US Military in Shannon - Indymedia Ireland
Surprised he never considered joining the stickies.

Analyzer

Analyzer

It would be gas if they told him to f-off
He can be certain that they cannot afford to do that.

They are stuck for every member they could find.

Even a Green past his shelf life is welcomed.

expatriate

I recently joined the Greens and attended the convention in Galway at the weekend. Despite what some on here are saying, the party won't be going away. Lots of people with plenty of energy and ideas to offer who are willing to fight for it. If Cllr. Meaney didn't have the fight in him for the Greens, so be it and best wishes to him. But don't assume there aren't some of us who do. :)

expatriate

What on Earth possessed you to do that? Were you that happy with the FF/Green government?
Nope, of course not. But I'm realistic to know 6 TDs were never going to have the power to change the course of Fianna Fail. That said, the Greens fought for, and got, some good stuff (civil partnership, planning laws, a push on renewable energy). On balance their policies best reflect my opinions.

Plus - if we were to judge every party on their worst moments, what party would anybody be able to join without ridicule?

littlemicky2012

Well he won't be the last rat to leave that sinking ship. I remember a lovely old guy Donagh McCarthy Murrough who used to run for the Greens in Cork, sincere, decent honest, never got elected but convince many a people of the importance of environmental issues, peace activism etc. Though influence more important than power for it's own sake. Then of course along came Dan Boyle........

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies