• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Cllr. Brian Meaney resigns from Greens - hopes to defect to Fianna Fáil

BookFace

He highlighted the cost of the Traveler houses which were designed with their "culture" in mind. A lot of travelers didn't bother living in thew houses and they were subsequently vandalised and wrecked. 34 Million On Traveller Accommodation Costs is Insane - Councillor Brian Meaney | Councillor Brian Meaney
i wouldnt be giving Meaney any credit for highlighting the cost of accommodating travelers in clare. Shur isnt Meaney the chairman of some committee to do with housing them so he had full knowlege of costs all the while these dwellings were being built.it was journalist Dan danagher who broke the story about the cost of the dwellings.

the man is nothing more than a leech,he depends on being on all these committees for his income,i heard him say on clare fm,3 years ago i think,that he was against a pay cut for Councillors as that was his only income and he,laughing,said he had a daughter in collage so her education needed funding from his income.(not his exact quote,but i remember the interview)

borntorum

Meaney going to FF is no big surprise. Many may be shocked at the extent of the close links between FF and the Green Party ...

1. Dan Boyle's father, Joe, was a lifelong member of Fianna Fáil, and chairman of the local Charles Daly cumann in Turners Cross in Cork city.

2. Ciarán Cuffe's grand-uncle was the Fianna Fáil TD Patrick Little.

3. Ex-Green cllr JJ Power's father, Paddy Power, was a Fianna Fáil TD and minister, he also served as an MEP. His brother, Seán Power was also a Fianna Fáil TD and served as Minister of State at the Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources from May 2008 to April 2009.

4. Dr Jim McDaid's son ran for the Greens in Sligo/Nth Leitrim at the GE and also at local elections.

5. John Gormley was brought up with Fianna Fail. His father was a supporter and appointed a regional manager in Posts and Telegraphs when his friend, Albert Reynolds, was appointed a minister.
I didn't know any of that. I think that Patricia MacKenna came from a FF family, though I doubt she'll be returning 'home' anytime soon

meriwether

I didn't know any of that. I think that Patricia MacKenna came from a FF family, though I doubt she'll be returning 'home' anytime soon
None of that is a big deal.

Ireland is tiny, and FF once made up a large majority of this tiny nation.

Thusly, finding someone who never had a link with someone to do with FF is harder than finding someone who has - especially in the politics industry. Which, like any other industry, has a lot of succession in families.

borntorum

None of that is a big deal.

Ireland is tiny, and FF once made up a large majority of this tiny nation.

Thusly, finding someone who never had a link with someone to do with FF is harder than finding someone who has - especially in the politics industry. Which, like any other industry, has a lot of succession in families.
True, I'm sure plenty of Green Party figures had familial relationships with FG and Labour

meriwether

True, I'm sure plenty of Green Party figures had familial relationships with FG and Labour
Never.

FG don't have familial relationships.

We are geneticially manufactured in hi-tec labs, and we keep ourselves to ourselves.

Keeps everything pure and unadulterated.

I myself am model XP-7700, faster, stronger, and smarter than previous models. Sadly, I was then superceded by Simon Harris, model type XP8770.

borntorum

Never.

FG don't have familial relationships.

We are geneticially manufactured in hi-tec labs, and we keep ourselves to ourselves.

Keeps everything pure and unadulterated.

I myself am model XP-7700, faster, stronger, and smarter than previous models. Sadly, I was then superceded by Simon Harris, model type XP8770.
Ah, and there was me thinking that FG carried out a secret breeding program, selecting only the brightest and best of the Blueshirt species and then strategically pairing them off at Leinster Cricket Club social events. You learn something new every day.

ergo2

Ah, and there was me thinking that FG carried out a secret breeding program, selecting only the brightest and best of the Blueshirt species and then strategically pairing them off at Leinster Cricket Club social events. You learn something new every day.
You are wrong there. Not enough women play cricket. The social interastion takes place at UCD and the varous tennis clubs in D4 and adjoining areas

meriwether

You are wrong there. Not enough women play cricket. The social interastion takes place at UCD and the varous tennis clubs in D4 and adjoining areas
Bit homophobic to assume no one in FG is gay.

Shameful stuff.

Dal gCais

Meaney seeks to join Fianna Fáil party | The Clare Herald

He's now given reasons. Greens are too focused on urban policies and FF more likely to implement "green" policies. From the sounds of the interview this morning I get the feeling that there was a large spat internally in the GP which he lost and he's gone off in a huff. Would still be dubious that he'd get the nod from the FF rank and file to stand however. No doubt that'll accept him as a member though.

Andrew49

Twitter
AndrewSB49
It's not easy being Green ....

ger12

Meaney seeks to join Fianna Fáil party | The Clare Herald

He's now given reasons. Greens are too focused on urban policies and FF more likely to implement "green" policies. From the sounds of the interview this morning I get the feeling that there was a large spat internally in the GP which he lost and he's gone off in a huff. Would still be dubious that he'd get the nod from the FF rank and file to stand however. No doubt that'll accept him as a member though.
The Greens are focused on urban policies, less outside the pale stuff in fairness. And last weekend took another stance on a big social issue - abortion - now for legislating for X including suicide. I notice there are still no policies on the website of the Green Party, two years on from the last election. Where they now stand on many issues is a salient question.

Earnest

The Greens are focused on urban policies, less outside the pale stuff in fairness. And last weekend took another stance on a big social issue - abortion - now for legislating for X including suicide.
Actually that decision was to re-endorse a decision taken in the 1990s after the X case first came up.

ger12

Actually that decision was to re-endorse a decision taken in the 1990s after the X case first came up.
Funny, when asked while in government the party line was that it was up to individual members conscience. In fact while canvassing for the recent by election that same line was used by canvassers after a NC decision to support (or reaffirm - depending on whose line one chooses to believe) legislation for the X case.

soubresauts

How would you know what the old Green Party did in the 1990s? I thought all those records and history had been expunged. The old website had so much information that didn't sit well with the don't-look-back scheming of Gormley, Ryan and their men in suits. There was far too much evidence of abandonment of principles, of u-turns, broken promises, lies, deception and dissembling. So it all had to be thrown out.

I'm only surprised that the new, modern, vacuous website dares to show the founding principles, which get scant respect from the current shower who have the gall to call themselves "Greens".

Earnest

How would you know what the old Green Party did in the 1990s? I thought all those records and history had been expunged. The old website had so much information that didn't sit well with the don't-look-back scheming of Gormley, Ryan and their men in suits. There was far too much evidence of abandonment of principles, of u-turns, broken promises, lies, deception and dissembling. So it all had to be thrown out.

I'm only surprised that the new, modern, vacuous website dares to show the founding principles, which get scant respect from the current shower who have the gall to call themselves "Greens".
How would I know what the Green Party did in the 1990s? I was there.

Do not be so ready to assume that website changes are a conspiracy. They can also be due to sheer lack of competence to transfer things from one system to another. Remember that the Green Party now has one part-time employee.

soubresauts

Do not be so ready to assume that website changes are a conspiracy. They can also be due to sheer lack of competence to transfer things from one system to another. Remember that the Green Party now has one part-time employee.
Do you really expect us to believe that? -- that the Green Party could not leave the old website online, if they wanted to display the "modern" vacuous one?

What's the point of a party that deletes its past, to replace it with a dishonourable present?

One part-time employee? Are Gormley, Ryan, Cuffe, Boyle, Sargent, White and the well-healed members of the party so selfish that they cannot contribute enough to keep a competent operation going?

OceanFrog

Do you really expect us to believe that? -- that the Green Party could not leave the old website online, if they wanted to display the "modern" vacuous one?

What's the point of a party that deletes its past, to replace it with a dishonourable present?

One part-time employee? Are Gormley, Ryan, Cuffe, Boyle, Sargent, White and the well-healed members of the party so selfish that they cannot contribute enough to keep a competent operation going?
Interesting that no one has replied to this.

Ger12, earnest, SPN ... any response to this?

Clareboy

How could he! Join a party that has destroyed our country! Meeney's problem with the Green Party seems to be their policies on rural development, and we all know what ' rural development' means in this country - more planning permissions so that the farmers can sell more sites and destroy what is left of our traditional landscapes.

Dal gCais

How could he! Join a party that has destroyed our country! Meeney's problem with the Green Party seems to be their policies on rural development, and we all know what ' rural development' means in this country - more planning permissions so that the farmers can sell more sites and destroy what is left of our traditional landscapes.
Given Meaney's history on planning issues I very much doubt that's it to be fair to him. He confirmed the move on Clare FM this morning however. Means FF join FG as having 12 Cllr.'s on the county council in Clare. I wonder if he'll be off to the FF soireé in the RDS this weekend? He must have gotten some assurances of a run at the council under the FF banner though. Doubt many in the local party will be happy about that especially the likes of Cllrs' Daly, McNamara and the up-and-comings (according to the Clare People/Clare FM) Greene and Neylon. There certainly are not 5 seats for FF in Ennis at the next locals!

realistic1

The above is spot on and of yet no replies from the defenders of the indefensible.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies