Cllr. Brian Meaney resigns from Greens - hopes to defect to Fianna Fáil

Spanner Island

Anyone who defects TO the eFFing traitors is obviously a gobsh!te...

And in this case it's even worse and pathetic... a bit like a battered wife going back to her battering husband...

Earnest

Interesting that no one has replied to this.

Ger12, earnest, SPN ... any response to this?
I do not reply to repetitive or abusive posts. I have better things to do with my time than argue with people who are not open to persuasion.

Sierra

His application to join FF has been accepted. He is now representing FF on the council.

People shouldn't be all that surprised though. Quite a few Greens have left the party to join FF since the last election.

realistic1

His application to join FF has been accepted. He is now representing FF on the council.

People shouldn't be all that surprised though. Quite a few Greens have left the party to join FF since the last election.
I wonder if FF were low on the Polls would he be joining? Lets hope the people of Clare will not fall for his justifications.

BookFace

I wonder if FF were low on the Polls would he be joining? Lets hope the people of Clare will not fall for his justifications.
yerra if he gets the old medical card for someone or gets them into an empty council hse,all this will be soon forgotten.

flavirostris

Whether they are high or low in the polls, it's just possible he has destroyed any tiny shred of credibility the Green party had left. How can they defect so easily to FF, given the high moral ground stuff they love so much ?

edwin

Good news. Plenty of Green policies are sensible and would like to see them adopted by the party.

soubresauts

Good news. Plenty of Green policies are sensible and would like to see them adopted by the party.
Do you mean Green Party policies? Because there is only one policy on their website. That is for forestry. I cannot find any other GP policy.

Apparently Eamon Ryan & co want us to pay no attention to the impressive set of policies that the GP had a few years ago (if we can find those old policies). So where do the Greens stand now, and what do they stand for? We have nothing to go on except the seven founding principles. And since the Greens in government displayed contempt for some of those principles, you'd have to wonder if they respect any of them.

For example, the sixth principle (The need for world peace overrides national and commercial interests) requires an immediate end to the Shannon stopover by the US military. Neither Meaney nor Ryan can explain why they have been going against that principle.

OceanFrog

Do you mean Green Party policies? Because there is only one policy on their website. That is for forestry. I cannot find any other GP policy.

Apparently Eamon Ryan & co want us to pay no attention to the impressive set of policies that the GP had a few years ago (if we can find those old policies). So where do the Greens stand now, and what do they stand for? We have nothing to go on except the seven founding principles. And since the Greens in government displayed contempt for some of those principles, you'd have to wonder if they respect any of them.

For example, the sixth principle (The need for world peace overrides national and commercial interests) requires an immediate end to the Shannon stopover by the US military. Neither Meaney nor Ryan can explain why they have been going against that principle.
Some of us still remember.

Wayback machine Internet Archive: Wayback Machine is useful in cases like this.

Have a look at all the policies the Green Party used to have (on their website) in November 2007 ... http://web.archive.org/web/20071118175431/http://www.greenparty.ie/ and http://web.archive.org/web/20071118190426/http://greenparty.ie/en/policies

Last edited:

ger12

Quite a few, go way, really?

neiphin

Quite a few, go way, really?
i thought the ffailures had taken it over, when they pushed out patricia mckenna and all the true ecologists

ger12

i thought the ffailures had taken it over, when they pushed out patricia mckenna and all the true ecologists
Like who?

Dal gCais

It appears that Meaney attended his first FF shindig at their conference in Ballsbridge the weekend. John Cooke had an FF young gun on to talk about it and his own selection for the FF executive. He (Neylon I think, might have been Greene though, I missed the very start) was asked about going for the locals and gave a runabout answer which made it look like he'll be running but he was keen to stress that it's the members and the members only that'll decide who's on the ticket and everyone will have to go through convention as equals "regardless of any position they may hold". It seems that competition in FF is heating up in Ennis. 5 now chalked down as looking for a run with more to come possibly. There certainly aren't enough seats in it for FF to justify 5 candidates surely?

Porkypie

It appears that Meaney attended his first FF shindig at their conference in Ballsbridge the weekend. John Cooke had an FF young gun on to talk about it and his own selection for the FF executive. He (Neylon I think, might have been Greene though, I missed the very start) was asked about going for the locals and gave a runabout answer which made it look like he'll be running but he was keen to stress that it's the members and the members only that'll decide who's on the ticket and everyone will have to go through convention as equals "regardless of any position they may hold". It seems that competition in FF is heating up in Ennis. 5 now chalked down as looking for a run with more to come possibly. There certainly aren't enough seats in it for FF to justify 5 candidates surely?

Councillor Brian Meaney Confirms Intention To Join Fianna Fail | clare.fm
Ennis folk are very forgiving. Could it set a precedent and result in Gilmore and Howlin joining FG?

Dal gCais

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies