• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Cllr. Dermot Lacey

Deep Throat

Cllr lacey had a great letter in one of today's newspapers about Frankie Byrne. It was both enjoyable and refreshing to read such a nice, personal tribute. It makes a welcome change from all the sarcastic nonsense we usually get to read from letter writers.
well done Dermot!

Pidge

It was in the Trib wasn't it? Dermot Lacey sends a lot of letters doesn't he? He seems to be in Village every week.

cllr

Thanks for the comment Deep Throat. It was in the Tribune and the Sunday Indo. I also had the pleasure of winning three bottles of Tyrconnell Whiskey from the Indo for the letter.

As for Pidges comment. Isend a few letters alright. Given the appalling poor coverage of Local Government particularly on RTE I find it a useful way to highlight issues I consider relevant. The Frankie letter was simp;y because I thought the portrayal of my former neighbour on that programme was to put it politely incomplete.

rocketman

cllr said:
Given the appalling poor coverage of Local Government particularly on RTE I find it a useful way to highlight issues I consider relevant. The Frankie letter was simp;y because I thought the portrayal of my former neighbour on that programme was to put it politely incomplete.
:shock: :roll: :shock:

Dermo....... i was begining to respect u for ur committment to Locan Governance...... please dont ride it for every last penny its worth. Both u and i and everyone on P.ie know that the only reason u (or any other pub rep) write so many letters is that by the law of averages some of them will get printed thereby feuling ur public image etc etc etc...blah blah.... :roll:

please dont F**kin patronise me by trying to tell me that u actually give two s**tes about me or what i stand for as long as i stand for you.

Jaysus... im not able for this crap on a monday morning :roll:

cllr

Ah Rocketman what side of the bed did you get out of this morning. As is typical if a Public Rep is active - as I hope I am - it is only becauuse they want publicity. If they are not they are lazy *******. I would have hoped that posters on Politics.ie had a little bit more understanding and committment to poilitics than that.

rocketman

cllr said:
Ah Rocketman what side of the bed did you get out of this morning. As is typical if a Public Rep is active - as I hope I am - it is only becauuse they want publicity. If they are not they are lazy *******. I would have hoped that posters on Politics.ie had a little bit more understanding and committment to poilitics than that.
Oh Jaysus Dermo..... on "mature recollection" i withdraw that last statement...... i had a SiHte week.......................

Deep down i know ur a good worker....... im just ...... well i dunno........

bad week........ :oops:

rocketman

Jaysus Dermo....

i wouldnt vote Labour in a fit..... but that last post of mine was uncalled for......

Mad, bad week........

Sorry again! :oops:

cllr

Rocketman - Hope you have a good week this week so.
If that was an apology - accepted.

cllr

Glad to know that I have cheered you up Rocketman. Bit like I was cheered up at the news from theFG Selection Convention and the reports re the likely FF selection.

rocketman

cllr said:
Glad to know that I have cheered you up Rocketman. Bit like I was cheered up at the news from theFG Selection Convention and the reports re the likely FF selection.
Much better today!!

Yea... not surprised at Lucindas result. Brian must be gutted. It will be interesting to see what happens in pembroke with Chris and Lucinda - shes 1-0 up on him already! Worring times for FF!! :cry:

reverae

Worrying slightly I must admit but is she to run alone-if so I cant see her making the quota a decent seic vote is needed for that.The accord will be useless unless labour run 2 .
As ruairi while he will poll very strong will make it without surplus or transfers. Cant see anything substantial going her way from Mac either while she'll do very well from the female vote cant see haer getting enough.
The green transfer wont be that strong either if Gormley goes out itll just go back lab in a sizeable chunk as will a good chunk of shinner transfers.You know something the chances of a labour second seat are not beyond the bounds of impossibility this time.They are going to attract transfers from all around.Bloody hell.

sob

Lets be honest there is not a chance of a second Labour seat in DSE,Actually I think we will struggle a little. but still get one.
Lucinda is going to get some of E Ryans vote as his vote was not a typicall FF voter,
Andrews will get the rest of his vote and also some of the old Labour vote who are not happy with Rabbit. That is why Humphreys should run keep that vote.Remember as I said before there is a strong feeling from old Labour people that coalition with FF is the best way forward for the party.

Mc Dow will loose votes to Lucinda as he stole a lot of his from FG and FG people want a new hero and they will find it in Lucinda,we must remember there is a resurgance in FG at the min.

Gormley is in big trouble some of his vote will go to sinn fein and Andrews .
We must not underestimate Andrews he has a large working class support and with the weight of Ryan behind him he will do better that people expect
(I am assumeing Ryan will be behind Andrews)

I thin a safe bet for the seats are

Quinn
Andrews
Creighton
Mc Dow

cllr

So much to comment on. So little time.

Sob I do think that RQ will hold the seat. I also think that Kevin is an excellent Public Representative. Winning elections is partly about strategy and I support the one candidate strategy - at this stage.

Ironically I think that a two candidate strategy would be better for FG.

As for not underestimating Andrews support - I think you are correct. However underestimating his committment to politics and to the betterment of either Pembroke or DSE is another matter entirely.

My prediction remains ( at this stage):

Mc Dowell,
Quinn,
Creighton ( now that FG have decided that one)
Gormley

In fifth place and heading for the Seanad - O'Callaghan
By the way Congratulations Lucinda and sincere Commiserations to Brian.

sob

Aaa Cllr can you not bury the hachet with Andrews (not in his head ) and work together for Pembroke ,He is not a bad guy and like his Father has great working class credentials I have to admit he did work hard and of all the FF people he would be the less evil of the three main contenders.

We have to learn to live with the strokers of FF and Andrews would be the easiest to keep at bay,

Jim84

cllr said:
Ironically I think that a two candidate strategy would be better for FG.
The Gillen/Lacey ticket isn't going to happen now!

sorry to hear that

cllr

No Sob I cannot. He was impossible to work with for the five years he was on the Council. He has absolutely no commitment to the area - he simply uses it. He caused a number of problems in persuance of his ambition in order, he thought, to get one over his rivals and those problems remain - though gradually we are getting towards resolution.

I would never say the same thing about Eoin - so it is not in any way an anti FF thing.

sob

Cllr do you not think Ryan is less loyal to DSE and is now in Europe and has really deserted his constituents for the gravey of Brusells.

I do agree he was great for all the people of DSE but as I said is now gone like all FF people its all about power and money

Ooo where are the Frank Cluskeys of this world.

cllr

Jim84 I was delighted to serve you that Pint last night but I still don't quite get that last point. BTW Hope you asre looking after my niece up there in that College.

Jim84

cllr said:
Jim84 I was delighted to serve you that Pint last night but I still don't quite get that last point. BTW Hope you asre looking after my niece up there in that College.
It was two pints by the way .. and thanks ... Funnily just ran into her today ... stuck it a lecture listen to this twat from the Irish Independent ...

Poking fun at the fact that you seem to be talking up the FG party a lot recently ... Within the Labour Party and at Labour Party meetings ...

If I was cynical I'd think you'd want Lucinda to so you don't have to face her in 2009