• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

Skyrocket

Independent Donegal Councillor and Dáil election candidate Frank McBrearty jr. has taken to social media to lash out at the people of Donegal for failing to support him.

McBrearty received just short of 2,000 first preference votes and was eliminated after the fourth count.

The Facebook post was first reported by BBC radio journalist Barry Whyte.

https://twitter.com/BarryWhyte85/status/703629242161094656

Sync

Amazing. Only A- though, he left out the part where he'll run in the next election, win and then take his revenge on the island.

Levellers

Mr McBrearty suffered a terrible injustice at the hands of the state.

But unfortunately he then tried to join the very Establishment who perpetrated the injustice on him in the first place. Attacking the water protest didn't do him any good.

stopdoingstuff

If you do not vote for him, he will take power.

[video=youtube;cOrmCDGmFIU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOrmCDGmFIU[/video]

tigerben

Someone pick up his dummy and put it back in his mouth . One thing everyone knows after a little bit of living in the real world is eaten bread is soon forgotten. It's called life and he'd want to get a grip on himself.

benroe

Independent Donegal Councillor and Dáil election candidate Frank McBrearty jr. has taken to social media to lash out at the people of Donegal for failing to support him.

McBrearty received just short of 2,000 first preference votes and was eliminated after the fourth count.

Does not surprise me, this tool stood up at a pre-election debate (the previous election while he was a labour candidate) and told us " it doesn't matter who ye lot vote for, we are getting in and youse will have to get used to it"
There is no doubt he was right, but is it any surprise that labour have never gained any traction in Donegal when they pick people like Frank to represent them.

Ardillaun

It's probably something many defeated candidates feel but manage to keep to themselves. 'Social' media makes foolish, petulant outbursts so easy to record for posterity.

timhorgan

ON RTE Radio one defeated candidate - I do not know whom - was stating the usual guff "The people have spoken and I respect that"
Interviewer: You have no choice.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
ON RTE Radio one defeated candidate - I do not know whom - was stating the usual guff "The people have spoken and I respect that"
Interviewer: You have no choice.

An unusual bit of wisdom from the interviewer. Before World War II there was some meaning in that "respect the election result" stuff. These days, thanks be to jaysus, it's no longer necessary.

I did wince a little though when I heard Mary Lou McDonald on RTÉ radio saying of the electorate "they're always right."

The pope apparently has competition in the Irish people.

dizillusioned

Fair dues.... He is being honest. He may well be a pr1ck, I don't know.

Whats wrong with with saying how you feel?

Nedz Newt

All weekend we've been listening to FG & Labour moaning about "failing to communicate their message to the electorate" which is the passive-aggressive way of blaming the voters and saying they're stupid.
At least McBrearty blamed the voters in a full-on "Bastards" rant, which is the correct way to blame the voters.

gerhard dengler

All weekend we've been listening to FG & Labour moaning about "failing to communicate their message to the electorate" which is the passive-aggressive way of blaming the voters and saying they're stupid.

FG/Labour line is that the mass of the great unwashed are ungrateful.

This is the same government which has not only made SF electable, but has also managed to make FF re-electable as well.

realistic1

I could never understand why McBrearty joined the Labour party. Surely he should have weighed up the fact that Labour were an integral part of the flawed Justice system, that caused the injustice with his family.

Accidental sock

Ah, ya gotta love this guy!

...I still remember him for his skill in the seamless use of metaphors.

See if you can spot it...

[video=youtube;Ty-bH7B7A_c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty-bH7B7A_c[/video]

Accidental sock

He just exudes class

im axeled

An unusual bit of wisdom from the interviewer. Before World War II there was some meaning in that "respect the election result" stuff. These days, thanks be to jaysus, it's no longer necessary.

I did wince a little though when I heard Mary Lou McDonald on RTÉ radio saying of the electorate "they're always right."

The pope apparently has competition in the Irish people.

do you mean the electorate are wrong for rejecting the liebout/stickie/disso's

im axeled

I could never understand why McBrearty joined the Labour party. Surely he should have weighed up the fact that Labour were an integral part of the flawed Justice system, that caused the injustice with his family.

i rarely use cap's but, POWER

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom