Cllr Liam Galvin FG opposes housing anyone from outside Abbeyfeale in Abbeyfeale.

ymmek

According to a report in the Limerick Leader june 23 Cllr Liam Galvin condemned the fact that someone from Limerick City was housed in Abbeyfeale.

Galvin is quoted as saying "I have no problem housing our own.Ihave a problem about housing people when people in our own town need housing themselves...how can you give a house to somebody from 40 miles away?Abbeyfeale has its own problems besides us adding to it.We need to look after our own."

Gombeenism is alive and well in FG and political correctness has not spread to all FG Cllrs yet.I wonder what FG public reps in Limerick city will make of his assertion that housing someone from Limerick city in Abbeyfeale will add to the problems of the town.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Dogwhistling at Abbeyfeale local election voters...

dresden8

This is a local shop for local people. There is nothing for you here.

Talk Back

According to a report in the Limerick Leader june 23 Cllr Liam Galvin condemned the fact that someone from Limerick City was housed in Abbeyfeale.

Galvin is quoted as saying "I have no problem housing our own.Ihave a problem about housing people when people in our own town need housing themselves...how can you give a house to somebody from 40 miles away?Abbeyfeale has its own problems besides us adding to it.We need to look after our own."

Gombeenism is alive and well in FG and political correctness has not spread to all FG Cllrs yet.I wonder what FG public reps in Limerick city will make of his assertion that housing someone from Limerick city in Abbeyfeale will add to the problems of the town.
But why would you give houses to people from 40 miles away, when people in the town need houses?

His logic is right is it not?

ymmek

But why would you give houses to people from 40 miles away, when people in the town need houses?

His logic is right is it not?
So are you saying one can only get a council house in a town,city or even a country one came from?

Man or Mouse

So, Knocknagoshel and Duagh are out then? :D

Ramon Mercadar

Careful about criticising him, he might stab you.

Nesuno

So are you saying one can only get a council house in a town,city or even a country one came from?
And now we know the root cause of inbreeding in a society.

runwiththewind

Imagine if a SF councillor had said that.

hiding behind a poster

Well that's him re-elected, then. :lol:

GabhaDubh

I can see Cllr Galvin clenched fist, held aloft, screaming “ Build the Wall, Build the Wall”.

APettigrew92

You should've named your thread "Local Politician stands up for the interests of the people who elected him."

Gombeenism is getting into Government, burning your manifesto at the door and then being made UN special envoy to Colombia. This is parochialism. Much more understandable.

If you can give a coherent answer as to why a local politician defending his local interests is doing anything except his job, that'd be swell.

Also - why is political correctness a good thing? Why should Leo's message of Peace and Love be immediately translatable to everyone in Ireland?

Ireland is not Dublin. Also, Dublin is a nightmare. Not entirely because of, but certainly in some small part due to, political correctness.

hiding behind a poster

Gombeenism is getting into Government, burning your manifesto at the door and then being made UN special envoy to Colombia.
And lying is what you've just done.

New Threads

Most Replies